Windows 10: sd drive does not show space available

Discus and support sd drive does not show space available in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Surface 3 4GB Ram, 128 GB internal storage. Win 10 Home ver 1709 build 16299.125 A 64 GB sd card inserted but it does not show amount of space free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by davidhk, Dec 24, 2017.

1. davidhk Win User

sd drive does not show space available

Surface 3 4GB Ram, 128 GB internal storage.
    Win 10 Home ver 1709 build 16299.125

A 64 GB sd card inserted but it does not show amount of space free etc.
    Not a big deal. I can find that info from Properties option.
    Just wonder if this is normal or I can do something about it.

sd drive does not show space available [​IMG]

:)

davidhk, Dec 24, 2017

2. 1709 upgrade

I have cleaned the C drive and the 1709 upgrade still requires more space, but does not recognize (show up in the slot provided) my D drive SD card (which has lots of space) to continue the download.

Peter Di Lalla1, Dec 24, 2017
  3. windows 10 update on tablets

I am have a storage problem on a tablet that was recommended by Microsoft themselves and purchased through Microsoft. it currently has 1706 version of software and is trying to upgrade to 1709 version. i have only 4 apps on the device and they reside on
    the sd card. Microsoft os currently 23.4 gig of 30 gig c: drive. and i have 14.7 gig available on my sd card. the upgrade says that there is not enough space available on my system. c: drive has a green check mark saying that space is ok. but it is looking
    for an external space of 10 gig. when i click the drop down for external drive all it says is "none" and does not show my sd drive. every place else i see the sd card as drive d: but not in the update. This tablet only has a usb charging port and a micro
    hdmi port so i can not connect an external device. is there something i can do to fix this? I hate to have to junk this machine out. Tried to talk to Microsoft support and after 45 minutes of holding and talking to someone with a strong accent and a noisy
    back ground she told me Microsoft does not support tablets. only pcs and notebooks.

[Moved from: Mobile Devices / Other Windows mobile devices / Software update / Windows 10 Mobile]

DonaldMews, Dec 24, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Try 'Content' view:

Edwin, Dec 24, 2017
  5. davidhk Win User
    Yes, Content View will work. Thank you.
    BUT, in my old Surface Pro1, my sc drive shows as expected without resorting to Content view.
    Why my Surface 3 will not do the same ? Different sd card make ?

Screen shot..... Surface Pro1:

davidhk, Dec 24, 2017
  6. Eagle51 Win User
    Hey davidhk,
    It's the long name (Secure Digital Storage Device) of the SD card, that pushes the (xxGB free of xxGB) of out view. If you rename it and it will show.

Eagle51, Dec 24, 2017
  7. davidhk Win User
    Brilliant !
    Thank you. Never would have thought of "long name" issue.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. sd drive does not show space available - Similar Threads - drive does show

2. DRIVES SHOWING FALSE AVAILABLE SPACE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVES SHOWING FALSE AVAILABLE SPACE: THE READINGS CHECKED DIRECTLY AND MANULLY SELECTING EVERYTHING IN THAT DRIVE DIFFERS , THE DIFFERENCE CAN BE SEEN IN THE SCREENSHOT I HAVE UPLOADED IT SHOWS IT HAS BEEN UPLOADED, THERE IS DIFFERENCE OF SOME GBS SO WHAT TO DO AND I UNINSTALLED A GAME FROM DRIVE D , I SAW 100GB...
  3. DRIVES SHOWING FALSE AVAILABLE SPACE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVES SHOWING FALSE AVAILABLE SPACE: THE READINGS CHECKED DIRECTLY AND MANULLY SELECTING EVERYTHING IN THAT DRIVE DIFFERS , THE DIFFERENCE CAN BE SEEN IN THE SCREENSHOT I HAVE UPLOADED IT SHOWS IT HAS BEEN UPLOADED, THERE IS DIFFERENCE OF SOME GBS SO WHAT TO DO AND I UNINSTALLED A GAME FROM DRIVE D , I SAW 100GB...
  4. Drive showing less space than actually available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive showing less space than actually available: My drive is 250GB, but only shows as 150GB. I know there is more as i have had it, just booting one day it vanishes. When I try to shrink what is left, i get invalid parameter error. Hope screenshots help with what I mean...
  5. Drive showing less space than actually available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive showing less space than actually available: My drive is 250GB, but only shows as 150GB. I know there is more as i have had it, just booting one day it vanishes. When I try to shrink what is left, i get invalid parameter error. Hope screenshots help with what I mean...
  6. Secondary hard drive showing incorrect available space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Secondary hard drive showing incorrect available space: I am running Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 Build 18363.1256 on a laptop with two separate drives. One is the 256GB boot drive the other is the 1TB storage drive. Windows 10 Settings > System > Storage, Disk Management, Drive Properties in File Explorer, This PC, Defraggler,...
  7. Update from 1809 to 1909 with not enough hard drive space but external SD card available

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update from 1809 to 1909 with not enough hard drive space but external SD card available: My ASUS T100 has Win 10 - 1809 installed and cannot upgrade to 1909 because of insufficient HD space ..... Help Cam Tofano *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  8. File explorer shows no space available on my C drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer shows no space available on my C drive: All of a sudden I have no space available on my Radeon out of 223 GB. I am running Win 10 Home, version 10.0.19041 build 19041 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-shows-no-space-available-on-my-c/7cc10d26-7cd2-40fa-b4e0-267f1d8d9a91
  9. Windows Storage Spaces not showing all available drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Storage Spaces not showing all available drives: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/xc4ugtux3yy41.png?width=690&format=png&auto=webp&s=a6f01746401bdf05f5c7b70b10b1996b15ba4f7e https://preview.redd.it/v57b6xux3yy41.png?width=2227&format=png&auto=webp&s=33d1155491b2c9078e4203c5483018018b516c99 I just did a fresh Windows...
  10. Does compression make the amount of free space available on a drive a lie?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does compression make the amount of free space available on a drive a lie?: Ever since I started compressing games on my SSD it feels like the free space shown isn't actually free. For example on my SSD I have 92.9 GB free, but when I try to copy over a 70GB game from my other drive, 40 GB in, it says there's not enough space. submitted by...