Windows 10: Seagate Drive LED light won't turn OFF

Discus and support Seagate Drive LED light won't turn OFF in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I have two 4TB Seagate Backup Plus drives, I sat the drives to go to sleep after 3 min in Seagate Dashboard program, the drives do go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by iMak, Nov 29, 2016.

1. iMak Win User

Seagate Drive LED light won't turn OFF

Hi all,

I have two 4TB Seagate Backup Plus drives, I sat the drives to go to sleep after 3 min in Seagate Dashboard program, the drives do go to sleep but the LED lights won't turn off, they are always on?

But if the same drives are connected to my iMac, they goes to sleep mode and the LED lights turn off.

What do you think the issue is?

Regards,

:)

2. External Hard Drive not working

Thanks. The drive is a seagate drive. No letters assigned to the drive and it won't let me assign either. The drive turns on when I connect and turns off when I disconnect the USB.

Yes ear have connected elsewhere and it works.

Any other suggestions?

TanyaScamarcia, Nov 29, 2016
  3. C5 00 flash light stays on

Help. The flash for the camera/led light on the back is on and I can't turn it off. Is there buttons I have to push or ? Driving me insane not being able to figure it out. Could not find anything about it in the user manual

andric---01, Nov 29, 2016
  4. marsmimar Win User

marsmimar, Nov 29, 2016
  5. iMak Win User
    @marsmimar, thank you for your input.

The LED light has a solid white color, the LED illumination depends on the activity of the drive, exactly what is mentioned in the link you sent, expect on my drive the LED won't turn OFF when the drive hibernates or sleeps. However, the link below is for FreeAgent Drives and my drive is Backup Plus, I am not sure but maybe Seagate uses different architecture for different drives, and therefore need a firmware update.

http://knowledge.seagate.com/article...S/FAQ/212859en

In Dashboard program, you have two options for the LED light settings, either "Turn Lights ON" or "Turn Lights OFF" which will turn the LED light to OFF forever.

iMak, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Seagate Drive LED light won't turn OFF - Similar Threads - Seagate Drive LED

2. Night Light won't turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night Light won't turn off: My Night Light setting is turned off, no schedule no nothing. I have updated drivers, restarted the computer, re-installed drivers, deleted Night Light files but nothing helps. If I go to my display settings my night light will turn off and the screen will look normal, but...
  3. Night Light won't turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Night Light won't turn off: My Night Light setting is turned off, no schedule no nothing. I have updated drivers, restarted the computer, re-installed drivers, deleted Night Light files but nothing helps. If I go to my display settings my night light will turn off and the screen will look normal, but...
  4. Night Light Won't Turn Off?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Night Light Won't Turn Off?: I just bought a new Surface Pro 7. About a second after I turn my screen on it takes an orange/peachy hue. I have Night Light in settings turned completely off, not even set to schedule. I have removed these two things in this link from regedit and restarted....
  5. Night Light settings won't turn off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night Light settings won't turn off.: I'm having a bit of a backwards issue myself. Night light isn't doing anything to my light level. Its turned off. However, I cannot disable night light all-together. I picked up f.lux as i hear its a lot nicer and doesn't have this issue. I do not want the system's night...
  6. Night light won't turn off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Night light won't turn off: Just finished updating my windows 10 to version 1999 and I can't turn off night light off as it's turns on every time i turn on my computer. It's is turned off on settings....
  7. Night light won't turn off

Night light won't turn off: I use a Lenovo IdeaPad S145-15IWL I have fresh installed windows, I have tried to turn off the setting, I've tried restarting my laptop, I've signed out and back in, but nothing seems to kill this annoyance of a feature. It is still here. Please help....
  8. Night Light won't turn off

Night Light won't turn off: I'm using Windows 10 Home Single Language Ver 1909. I turned on Night Light mode on once, and since then i can never disable it. The on/off switch on Night Light doesn't do anything. After restarting my laptop turned back to normal but after 15-20mins it automatically back to...
  9. Night light won't turn off

Night light won't turn off: So after the 1903 update, I have been having issues with the night light. It has been set to a schedule, which kinda helps, but once it activates I can't turn it off. A simple restart use to work until a couple of weeks ago, now that doesn't even work. Turning it off in...
  10. GPU LED lighting

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GPU LED lighting: Help! My pc is newly build and working fine but it seems i can't turn on my gpu led lighting. My card is asus strix gtx 1070ti.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. seagate backup plus wont turn off

2. turn off light on seagate backup plus

3. seagated extenaldrive wont turn off on shutdown

4. turn off seagate drive,
  5. how to turn off led light on seagate external disk,
  6. seagate drive light stays on