Windows 10: Seamonkey is my default browser, but IE opens through Outlook

Discus and support Seamonkey is my default browser, but IE opens through Outlook in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I have made Seamonkey my default browser. When I click on a link in outlook, IE opens and I do not seem to find a setting to stop outlook doing... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by fluitr, Aug 28, 2015.

1. fluitr Win User

Seamonkey is my default browser, but IE opens through Outlook

Hi,

I have made Seamonkey my default browser.
    When I click on a link in outlook, IE opens and I do not seem to find a setting to stop outlook doing that.
    Very annoying.

Richard

:)

fluitr, Aug 28, 2015
  2. Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 28, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Default Browser Issue

My OS is Win 10. My email client is MS Outlook 2003. My default web browser App is set for IE (is IE and App?). When I open an Outlook 2003 email containing a hyperlink - clicking on the link
    always sends me to my IE home page instead of following the link correctly. Why?

If I set Edge as my web browser, Outlook email hyperlinks work perfectly.

littleneilnpl, Aug 28, 2015
  4. LMiller7 Win User

Welcome to the forum.

There is a lot of software that uses Internet Explorer directly rather than the default browser. Often there is no option to override this. Like it or not, that is the reality.

LMiller7, Aug 28, 2015
  5. Hello fluitr Welcome to the Ten Forums!

I use the 64bit variation of Firefox known as Waterfox as the default here and often see IE open automatically for the simple reason it is the single browser that MS wares are intended to use. Outlook is MS as well as IE is and despite seeing IE open Waterfox will be the browser that a 3rd party app will default to since it was set to be the default.

For 10 here I simply downloaded the 2012 Windows Essentials in order to get the Windows Live Mail option back I have been using since Vista first arrived! With the Live Hotmail now seen at outlook.com you can get into your account using any browser. MS apps installed on Windows however will always default to what is default in Windows and up until that was IE while you may be seeing Edge take it's place!

Night Hawk, Aug 28, 2015
  6. essenbe Win User
    essenbe, Aug 28, 2015
  7. Don't forget that now with 10 Edge is the brand new MS toy when getting 10 set up out of the box! That will soon be popping up once it finally gets worked out instead of IE. Right now we are still in the transition stages of see IE replaced for good!

Night Hawk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Seamonkey is my default browser, but IE opens through Outlook - Similar Threads - Seamonkey default browser

2. default browser set to FF but outlook 2016 desktop still opens .mht fille with IE

in Windows 10 Customization
    default browser set to FF but outlook 2016 desktop still opens .mht fille with IE: How can I force my Windows 10 pro version 1903 to use FF for all webbrowser actions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-browser-set-to-ff-but-outlook-2016-desktop/6528c721-0c8f-4dcd-83bb-889e2786b3b4
  3. Cannot set IE as a default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot set IE as a default browser: I want to have IE as a default browser. I am trying to set it using Chrome. I do it in the following way: select Internet Options, then Programs but the Programs tab disappears after that. I uninstalled Internet Explorer and reinstalled it again but nothing has changed...
  4. Making IE 11 the default browser

in Browsers and Email
    Making IE 11 the default browser: Our company still use IE 11 for many things and I was looking for a way to make it the default browser, anybody got some good tips on how to do this? many thx *Biggrin 125823
  5. Why is IE (sometimes) launched although it is not my default browser?

in Browsers and Email
    Why is IE (sometimes) launched although it is not my default browser?: Out of curiosity .. I have set a different browser as default. Sometimes, specifically when called on from within an application (e.g. check for updates) Internet Explorer is launched, although another browser has been configured to be the default. How come? Is it the...
  6. Making IE the default browser via the registry or script

in Browsers and Email
    Making IE the default browser via the registry or script: Hi, Is there a way to automate changing the default browser from Edge to IE. We are still dependent on IE and can not deploy W10 with Edge as the default. Thanks for any help you can provide. 28822
  7. Outlook 2010 truncates links when using IE as default browser

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2010 truncates links when using IE as default browser: Since upgrading to Windows 10 - When I set IE as my defaultbrowser and click on a link in Outlook 2010 some links will open and some ofthe longer links (more than approximately 25 characters give or take) aretruncated. So IE only sees part of the link and I get a “webpage...
  8. Edge is default but things open in IE

in Browsers and Email
    Edge is default but things open in IE: Hi. I'm using W10 and have Edge as the default browser (I also use Chrome and Firefox). Some programs are automatically opening in Internet Explorer such as when I open Google+ photos or when software updates and shows what has changed on its website. Any ideas how to change...
  9. How to reset IE as default browser instead of Edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to reset IE as default browser instead of Edge: Hi there I can't use EDGE as my default browser as I have a few media servers and as has been pointed out that as EDGE is a universal app addresses like 127.0.0.1:8000 (i.e localhost type stuff) are no longer addressable. I need these types of addresses to use the web...
  10. Opening my websites with my default browser

in Windows 10 Support
    Opening my websites with my default browser: I have found that Microsoft Edge is way to slow as a default browser. I chose Google Chrome as my default browser. I use Cortana a lot. I checked my settings and Google Chrome IS my default browser. My question is this. Why does Cortana use Microsoft Edge to open my web...