Windows 10: Search/address bar disabled in Edge after anniversary update

Discus and support Search/address bar disabled in Edge after anniversary update in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is anyone else getting this? Edge worked fine before the anniversary update. Now it's installed it won't permit me to type in the search box or the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bloomen, Aug 9, 2016.

1. bloomen Win User

Search/address bar disabled in Edge after anniversary update

Is anyone else getting this?

Edge worked fine before the anniversary update. Now it's installed it won't permit me to type in the search box or the address bar.

The only way I can access websites is to add them to the top sites section. Am I missing something obvious?

:)

bloomen, Aug 9, 2016
  2. tincanguy Win User

Windows 10 Search/Edge

(1) I am referring to the address bar at the top of the page in Edge

(2) I disabled Windows Search in services.msc

(3) When Edge is open and Windows search has been disabled, when I attempt to type a URL (or anything else) in the Edge address bar, Edge disconnects completely and my display reverts to the opening desktop.

tincanguy, Aug 9, 2016
  3. EdgeUser Win User
    Edge: disable search from address bar

We have customer ticket tracking software. To open it, we type a certain word in the address bar. Bing tries to find stuff on the internet pertaining to that word. Edge seems to be as bad as Windows 8 at this point.

EdgeUser, Aug 9, 2016
  4. Bastet Win User

I'm having quite a few problems with Edge after the cumulative update, whereas it appeared to be working fine with the AU.

Bastet, Aug 9, 2016
  5. I have the same problem after the last update so i will just keep using Opera.

insulator17, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Search/address bar disabled in Edge after anniversary update - Similar Threads - Search address bar

2. Search files progression bar on address bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search files progression bar on address bar: on windows 7 / windows 10 when you done a search in file explorer as it searched a green bar moved across the address bar - i liked this . In windows 11 all you get is the spinning circle on the top left . does anyone know how I can changed it back to the bar going across the...
  3. Search files progression bar on address bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search files progression bar on address bar: on windows 7 / windows 10 when you done a search in file explorer as it searched a green bar moved across the address bar - i liked this . In windows 11 all you get is the spinning circle on the top left . does anyone know how I can changed it back to the bar going across the...
  4. Microsoft Edge crashing everytime I type in the search bar/address bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge crashing everytime I type in the search bar/address bar: Starting this afternoon, Edge has crashed every time I typed anything in the address bar or the search bar found on the New Tab page. I'd made no changes whatsoever to any settings. Also confirmed that it wasn't a RAM or disk space issue. I noticed that when I changed the...
  5. How to disable Address bar Search suggestions in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Address bar Search suggestions in Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]While typing in the address bar, Microsoft Edge shows key phrases and links from History or Bookmarks. If you want to disable address bar search […] This article How to disable Address bar Search suggestions in Microsoft Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  6. Problem with Edge address bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with Edge address bar: When I input something there and click on Enter, it directs me to IP. And It doesn’t understand when I am typing. It is not the only problem. Windows Defender is not working as well...
  7. No Search Suggestions from Address Bar Search - Chromium Edge

in Browsers and Email
    No Search Suggestions from Address Bar Search - Chromium Edge: I cannot get Edge to give suggestions other than from history or favourites. I have made sure that all setting are correct in settings and even changed the search engines around, but it did not solve the problem. While it's not a deal breaker for using the browser it is...
  8. Edge Address bar search banner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Address bar search banner: I don't want this search banner, therefore I am deleting EDGE from usage and going to Firefox. Thanks Microsoft for imposing MS software that I don't want and cant easily delete...
  9. Search bars edge

in Browsers and Email
    Search bars edge: Is it norm after the latest update to have two search bar.*Confused When I open edge there is one search bar on the very top Then under that is another search bar. I'm using windows 10 home edge and bing as search engine. Any help here Please. Many Thanks.. PS Should...
  10. Enable or Disable Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge: How to: Enable or Disable Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge How to Enable or Disable Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is...