Windows 10: Search/address bar disabled in Edge after anniversary update

Discus and support Search/address bar disabled in Edge after anniversary update in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is anyone else getting this? Edge worked fine before the anniversary update. Now it's installed it won't permit me to type in the search box or the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bloomen, Aug 9, 2016.

1. bloomen Win User

Search/address bar disabled in Edge after anniversary update

Is anyone else getting this?

Edge worked fine before the anniversary update. Now it's installed it won't permit me to type in the search box or the address bar.

The only way I can access websites is to add them to the top sites section. Am I missing something obvious?

:)

bloomen, Aug 9, 2016
  2. tincanguy Win User

Windows 10 Search/Edge

(1) I am referring to the address bar at the top of the page in Edge

(2) I disabled Windows Search in services.msc

(3) When Edge is open and Windows search has been disabled, when I attempt to type a URL (or anything else) in the Edge address bar, Edge disconnects completely and my display reverts to the opening desktop.

tincanguy, Aug 9, 2016
  3. EdgeUser Win User
    Edge: disable search from address bar

We have customer ticket tracking software. To open it, we type a certain word in the address bar. Bing tries to find stuff on the internet pertaining to that word. Edge seems to be as bad as Windows 8 at this point.

EdgeUser, Aug 9, 2016
  4. Bastet Win User

I'm having quite a few problems with Edge after the cumulative update, whereas it appeared to be working fine with the AU.

Bastet, Aug 9, 2016
  5. I have the same problem after the last update so i will just keep using Opera.

insulator17, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Search/address bar disabled in Edge after anniversary update - Similar Threads - Search address bar

2. Edge Address bar search banner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Address bar search banner: I don't want this search banner, therefore I am deleting EDGE from usage and going to Firefox. Thanks Microsoft for imposing MS software that I don't want and cant easily delete...
  3. Larger font in Edge's search bar

in Browsers and Email
    Larger font in Edge's search bar: hi guys, is it just me or Edge now has a larger font when you search straight from the search bar? Not that i mind but just wanted to double check or are my eyes playing with me? [img] 120646
  4. Using Bing in Firefox Address Bar Search

in Browsers and Email
    Using Bing in Firefox Address Bar Search: I am using Firefox 61.0.2 under W10. If I type a search term in the Search Bar, it searches using Bing just as I set it up. Fine. However, if I want to search by putting a term in the Address Bar it insists on using Google. I don't want that, I want Bing. Is there anyway I...
  5. Disable Web Search in File Explorer Address Bar Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Web Search in File Explorer Address Bar Windows 10: Does anybody know how to disable the web search capability of file explorer? Sometimes when I mistype something into the address bar of File Explorer, it will take whatever I typed in and search the term for bing (assuming whatever I typed isn't a path or a program). Does...
  6. Windows 10 Edge "Web Search Bar" is new and I want to disable

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Edge "Web Search Bar" is new and I want to disable: Hello, I use Edge and I guess I just had a new update on my computer. I now have 2 internet search tabs showing up. The normal Edge "search or enter web address" is what I use and like. Now, I have a new "search the web : web search" bar below it and it covers about 1/2 of...
  7. Search bars edge

in Browsers and Email
    Search bars edge: Is it norm after the latest update to have two search bar.*Confused When I open edge there is one search bar on the very top Then under that is another search bar. I'm using windows 10 home edge and bing as search engine. Any help here Please. Many Thanks.. PS Should...
  8. Microsoft Edge changing search bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Edge changing search bar: How to change the default search engine in Microsoft Edge These instructions are outdated- my Microsoft edge no longer has the "Add New" button for search engines Instead of I try to follow the instructions, there is only a button to change the search engines which then...
  9. Search bar not working after 10041 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Search bar not working after 10041 update: Can't type anything in the "search the web and windows" bar at the bottom. Also used to be able to click on start and type the name of the application to run it Windows would find it - this is not working either. Nothing happens when you type. Anyone else having this...
  10. Windows Search no longer working after Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search no longer working after Anniversary Update: As the title says, my Windows Search has stopped functioning properly after the Anniversary Update. I can click on the bar, and it will bring up an empty window, but as soon as I type in anything, it closes itself. I've read up on some possible methods of fixing it,...