Windows 10: Search and how to stop searching the web.

Discus and support Search and how to stop searching the web. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I sometimes want to search just my PC for files but search brings up internet files. How do I stop search going on to the internet please? 24877 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aldel, Oct 1, 2015.

1. aldel Win User

Search and how to stop searching the web.

I sometimes want to search just my PC for files but search brings up internet files. How do I stop search going on to the internet please?

:)

aldel, Oct 1, 2015
  2. Alyce22 Win User

how to stop web results showing in search

Only if you have Windows 10 Pro edition

Alyce22, Oct 1, 2015
  3. Overabuse Win User
    how to stop web results showing in search

+I dont want Cortana

Overabuse, Oct 1, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

Click on the search box, click on the hamburger in the top left of that window, click on settings , there is a switch to turn off web searches. That should give you only search results from your computer.

JohnC, Oct 1, 2015
  5. aldel Win User
    Thanks John C. I had already found the answer but thanks anyway.
    Embarrassing senior moment. Thank goodness for a simple fix for once.
    I am so frustrated with windows 10. I have used every version of windows but 10 is the worst ever for me. One minute things work then at next switch on they don't. MS wireless keyboard and mouse stutter and stammer with no fix. Latest update won't etc. etc.

Ah, I feel better now.

aldel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Search and how to stop searching the web. - Similar Threads - Search stop searching

2. How to disable web search in search icon windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable web search in search icon windows 10: Go to Windows Defender Firewall settings > Advanced setting > Outbound rules> Windows Search > properties > block the connection > apply > ok. This is working for me. 100%. Any other methods I can try ?....
  3. how to stop web result showing in search

in Cortana
    how to stop web result showing in search: Can i disable web result to not showing in my search box and show only file and floder in my laptop?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-web-result-showing-in-search/891f09ce-7b31-4ed9-9d01-d6b70f86d0d9
  4. How can I stop Windows Search from searching the web?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I stop Windows Search from searching the web?: Hello How can I stop Windows Searching (on the task bar) from searching the Internet? Or at least stop it from doing so by default! If I want to search the Web/Internet, then I would use a browser... [What an idiotic default, no?] I don't want Cortana listening to my...
  5. Can't search the web

in Cortana
    Can't search the web: I tried to search the weather with Bing search and it said 'No results found' Did the web search feature get removed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-search-the-web/1430ab93-b385-49dd-81a5-22a12a17ac7b
  6. Web Search in Windows search not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Web Search in Windows search not working: Is anyone having an issue with windows search? Normally when i want to web search something, I type it into windows search and web search it, but for some reason that isn't working for me anymore. Its like Web search in Windows search is just gone now....
  7. How to disable search the web option in Search/Cortana?

in Cortana
    How to disable search the web option in Search/Cortana?: How do you disable "search the web" in search/Cortana? ***Modified title from: Search*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-search-the-web-option-in/27e0c3a8-c337-49d7-8416-5c7dd8d9dc4f"
  8. no search the web?

in Cortana
    no search the web?: cortana sometimes searches the web when you don't want her to, while apple's siri can let you say "search the web for <subject>" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-search-the-web/efb003a7-5a55-4bda-8968-1e8518fb1b05"
  9. Search is searching the web again

in Windows 10 Support
    Search is searching the web again: I have just noticed that Search on my PC is suddenly searching the web. It didn't used to.I had that disabled. I don't use Cortana, so that is disabled. However, it seems that Microsoft in their incredible persistence to get hold of all my data, has enabled web search again....
  10. Search Stopped Searching

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Stopped Searching: I tried typing in the Start Button a while ago; nothing happened. I tried using the search icon next to the start button; same result. Rebooted, no success. Shut down, unplugged power for a minute, restarted, search worked. Less than an hour later, search again does...