Windows 10: Search bar on windows 10 has text glitches/icons missing

Discus and support Search bar on windows 10 has text glitches/icons missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have tried restarting my system and still no luck, please help thanks [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SheldonHOLLAND, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Search bar on windows 10 has text glitches/icons missing

I have tried restarting my system and still no luck, please help thanks

Search bar on windows 10 has text glitches/icons missing EW3WPhl.png

:)

SheldonHOLLAND, Jul 10, 2018

2. Missing Desktop Icon Text

Not sure what happen here. I have scanned this rig with Spybot, SuperAntiSpyware, Combofix, SmitfraudFix, Spyware Doctor, Spyware Terminator and have found nothing.

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/2310/desktoplo.png

as you can see in the pic, the icons are there but the text is missing. I can click on some of the icons, but other ones I click and nothing happens. Has anyone ever seen this before?

Thanks...

Morrison5891, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Search bar on windows 10 has text glitches/icons missing

"Search the web and Windows" text input stuck in the taskbar

Hi Rob,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern and would suggest you to perform the following steps and check:

• Right Click on task bar and select "Search" and select "Show Search icon".
    See if that helps. I would also like to inform you that you can pin your favorite items to task bar by right click and selecting "Pin to task Bar".

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need more information and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

Search bar on windows 10 has text glitches/icons missing

1. Search bar on windows 10 has text glitches/icons missing - Similar Threads - Search bar has

2. Search Highlights icon on search bar missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Highlights icon on search bar missing: Hello to all,I've been having issues with my search bar icon and Bing highlights. After an update on my laptop, which was stuck in 100% and could not move, I turned on and off my laptop to "prevent" the update from taking a long time and not wanting to proceed. On the next...
  3. Search Highlights icon on search bar missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Highlights icon on search bar missing: Hello to all,I've been having issues with my search bar icon and Bing highlights. After an update on my laptop, which was stuck in 100% and could not move, I turned on and off my laptop to "prevent" the update from taking a long time and not wanting to proceed. On the next...
  4. Search Highlights icon on search bar missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Search Bar Glitch

in Cortana
    Search Bar Glitch: After updating to latest version search bar color sometimes changes and looks like this and when I hover the mouse cursor over it, It becomes normal.. It's really bothering me.. please give some solution.. Thanks Edition Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 21H1 Installed...
  6. Windows 10 Search bar missing icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Search bar missing icons?: [ATTACH] Why are all these icons missing? ._. These function as they should, but it gets rather annoying not seeing them. https://preview.redd.it/nrkou76fnhf61.png?width=980&format=png&auto=webp&s=315bb6550bdeb892a2f2c10aaab21131f251ccdf submitted by /u/MuncherCookie...
  7. Missing windows 10 app icons in search bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing windows 10 app icons in search bar: [ATTACH] It happened after I installed Google chrome. I tried rebuilding icon cache. I don't know what to do now. https://preview.redd.it/5z5daslsgkz51.png?width=784&format=png&auto=webp&s=095f3afd5f3ccb0ff2c6cd5a4533a96e386c0335 submitted by /u/itwaslikethatjpg...
  8. Windows 10 Search bar or icon is missing

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Search bar or icon is missing: [ATTACH]Windows 10 Taskbar offers a Search bar where you can click and type to instantly search anything on Windows 10. You can quickly get the […] This article Windows 10 Search bar or icon is missing first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Icons missing in the search bar

in Cortana
    Icons missing in the search bar: I have installed a fresh copy of Windows 10, version 1809, on my Lenovo Legion y520 IKBN and everything works fine except the fact that the icons for the Windows apps don't show up properly. I have updated just yesterday to ver. 1903 hoping that an update will fix the...
  10. Missing icons in search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing icons in search bar: I have a problem when i search for some programs (winrar, file explorer, registry editor, paint etc.) icons don't show up they are just white with X in middle any solution? [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...