Windows 10: Search Box not showing results from other hard drives

Discus and support Search Box not showing results from other hard drives in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For example, my documents on on my Data drive G:, and although it is indexed documents don't show up in search. Does anyone know of a workaround for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mackid1993, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Search Box not showing results from other hard drives

For example, my documents on on my Data drive G:, and although it is indexed documents don't show up in search. Does anyone know of a workaround for this?

:)

mackid1993, Jul 15, 2015

2. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Try to add your secondary drive in the indexing options.

Type in the Indexing options in the start search box and click on Indexing options from the search bar results.

Click on Modify on the Indexing options window. (Enter

Check the secondary drive (which you need to fetch the results from the search box) and click on OK button. (If the secondary drive is not visible, click on Show all locations, enter the administrator credentials if prompted))

Now, try to search and check if you are able to fetch the results.

Also make sure you take ownership of all the folders on the second drive.

Restart then it should hopefully start working.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 15, 2015
  3. Saving File Explorer Search Settings

I am Using Windows 10 Version 1607 OS build 14393.576

The previous version I was using was I believe 1507.

In 1507 when I searched for something in file explorer it would always search with the details view, which is how I like it.

Now with 1607 when I search in file explorer in defaults to content view, which I don't care for.

Now I can specify in the view tab that I want details and that I want "date" listed not "date modified" and I want the length of a video show too, the problem is that it usually goes back to showing me search results in content view when I go from viewing one
    external hard drive to the other, though not always sometimes it will keep my settings for awhile but will always go back to showing me search results in content view.

Now I have folder options set so that my preference is displayed in my external hard drives but not when I search those hard drives.

How can I get file explorer to save my search settings ?

GAMEBOY 731, Jul 15, 2015
Thema:

Search Box not showing results from other hard drives

1. Search Box not showing results from other hard drives - Similar Threads - Search Box showing

2. Search box from Taskbar does not show results for any Start Menu applications.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search box from Taskbar does not show results for any Start Menu applications.: I created an image and obviously did something wrong along the way. I can search anything on the computer from the taskbar, but I can never get any results from c:\programdata\microsoft\windows\start menu. I can successfully search that location in File Explorer.Windows 11...
  3. Windows 10 not showing Search results from secondary drive

in Cortana
    Windows 10 not showing Search results from secondary drive: I have been having this problem for years. Whenever I add a secondary drive for indexing in Indexing Options, the "items indexed" count increases but NO RESULTS FROM THE DRIVE ARE RETURNED WHEN I SEARCH FROM THE START MENU. If I open the drive in Explorer and use Explorer's...
  4. Windows 10 Search Box result showing old icons.

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Box result showing old icons.: Windows 10 Search Box Result shows old icons for all apps. When apps No matter Microsoft Store apps or third-party apps get updated and get new icon, their icons refreshes everywhere except Search Box result. Tried Rebuilding search index, resetting Windows Search, Resetting...
  5. Windows Search not showing results from other drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Search not showing results from other drives: When I use the Start-embedded search, it shows results from my C: drive but no other drives. I do have the additional drives checked in Indexing Options screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/4kuEao1.png. I have tried going into Advanced and Rebuilding the index multiple times,...
  6. Windows Search shows results from other logins

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Search shows results from other logins: I've got my PC set up with local, offline accounts for myself and my wife. When logged in as myself, I can type a partial document name in the search bar, and the results are a mixture of my files and my wife's files. I can't actually open my wife's files; but there is no...
  7. windows search box not producing result from search criteria

in Cortana
    windows search box not producing result from search criteria: windows search box not producing result from search criteria https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-box-not-producing-result-from/e03e771f-4983-40e5-a1b8-c6af5df12d62"
  8. Search box in Windows 10- No results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search box in Windows 10- No results: Hi When I open a folder in Windows 10 File Explorer, and I click on the search box and type in a folder that I want, It tells me NO ITEMS MATCH YOUR SEARCH But it's crazy because I can see the document I want right in front of me in that folder but when I try search it...
  9. Retaining Search Box results

in Windows 10 Support
    Retaining Search Box results: I love Windows 10 but its Search Box functionality is a step backwards from Windows 7. As in Windows 7, is there a way to retain Search Box results so I can return to the results if the first file or folder I open isn't the one I want? This was easy in Windows 7 but I can't...
  10. Search not showing results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search not showing results: Hi. Anyone know how to fix the search function in Windows 10? It's not showing any results. So far I already tried the following but to no avail. Rebuild indexing, scannow cmd, chdsk /r,. 10886