Windows 10: Search doesn't find files! At least in my Google Drive folder...

Discus and support Search doesn't find files! At least in my Google Drive folder... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Thanks for helping; I press Start I type hello Windows finds files containing 'hello' Problem: I press Start I type the filename of any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lukeflegg, Sep 18, 2015.

1. lukeflegg Win User

Search doesn't find files! At least in my Google Drive folder...

Thanks for helping;

I press Start
    I type
    hello
    Windows finds files containing 'hello'

Problem:
    I press Start
    I type the filename of any files I know exist in my Google Drive folder (c:/users/Luke/Google Drive)
    nothing appears.

It says "Windows is still indexing some files. This might not be everything just yet."

Thing is, if I go to Indexing Options, it clearly says
    "Indexing complete."
    and there's no HDD activity (and it's had ages to rebuild the index)...

...oh and I rebuilt the index (~500,000 files).

The best workaround I've found is switching off Indexing (which reveals files in Google Drive folder, but now searching the whole computer takes forever)

Thanks for any ideas!

:)

lukeflegg, Sep 18, 2015

2. Search does not find Google Drive Folder on computer

Hello,

I have ran into this problem recently. Whenever I search, the folder named Google Drive does not pull the results. It seems that even when I get to the exact file / folder location and punch in the file name, yet it will not find.

But if I put the file name in the Cortana search box it finds it.

Since I run a program and attach files from a specific folder, search on the windows explorer is a must.

I have tried to find answers on web, which all led to make sure the indexing options are sett right. I have made sure that they are exactly the way they should be.

Please help if any one encountered same and had a solution.

Thanks

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Cortana & search

Ketan Ghia, Sep 18, 2015
  3. Search does not find Google Drive Folder on computer

Hi Ketan,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the search result on the File Explorer of your
    Windows 10 computer may be caused by some configuration or files mismatched. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you run the
    System File Checker (SFC) tool to scan and correct if there’s a possible integrity violation on the system. To do this, you may follow the steps provided on this
    link. Once you're on the page,
    you may expand and proceed with the steps from the Windows 10, Windows 7, or Windows Vista option under the
    Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) section, and then complete the process. After completing the steps, you may check if the issue persists.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Sep 18, 2015
  4. lukeflegg Win User

Ah, and yes I checked Google Drive is included in the index!

lukeflegg, Sep 18, 2015
Thema:

1. Search doesn't find files! At least in my Google Drive folder... - Similar Threads - Search doesn't find

2. Unable to find search files on a network drive

in Cortana
    Unable to find search files on a network drive: Hello All,Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. I work IT Help Desk and have a user who is unable to get an results from searches he performs on a network drive. When he tries to search for a specific file that he knows is in that certain network drive no...
  3. Unable to find search files on a network drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to find search files on a network drive: Hello All,Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. I work IT Help Desk and have a user who is unable to get an results from searches he performs on a network drive. When he tries to search for a specific file that he knows is in that certain network drive no...
  4. Unable to find search files on a network drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why doesn't the search in windows in Windows 10 find my files? It's terrible at searching...

in Cortana
    Why doesn't the search in windows in Windows 10 find my files? It's terrible at searching...: This pretty accurately describes my complaints... Why is Windows 10 Search So Bad At It's Job? - Microsoft Community or this Why is Windows 10 Search Still So Bad At It's Job? - Microsoft Community I don't know why Microsoft locked those threads.. I don't see a resolution...
  6. folder doesn't show in file explorer, but can find contents in search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    folder doesn't show in file explorer, but can find contents in search: Help! I had a Turbotax folder under Documents on my hard drive. I had to uninstall and reinstall Turbotax due to an error I was getting doing my taxes. I also had to contact Turbotax and a guy walked me through installing an update as administrator. That got Turbotax...
  7. Windows search not locating files on google drive subfolder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows search not locating files on google drive subfolder: Good afternoon, Unfortunately, windows search does not show files in google drive. It does show the folder names but not files. One drive files show up no problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  8. My search cant find files

in Cortana
    My search cant find files: i have done everything possible to do. been on so many sites trying to fix it. for some reason when i search i cannot find any files or apps using the start search or in documents search. i have checked my service is running. i have i did few cmd commands. i have tried...
  9. Windows Explorer doesn't find files (even when searching in the folder the file is in, with...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Explorer doesn't find files (even when searching in the folder the file is in, with...: Windows 10 OS Build 17134.523 Set for all drives and folders to be indexed (except program files). I've selected Windows Update, Recovery and Backup as the Windows Topic because I found information about why Reindexing is sometimes required after updates. I'm trying to...
  10. No Google Drive files in Windows search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Google Drive files in Windows search results: I am also asking this question on the Google Product Forums. Basically, the Google Drive folder is synced onto my data partition. Files are present on my HDD, the whole folder is indexed, but nothing inside it comes up in my Windows search results. I have tried...