Windows 10: Search Edge Bookmarks

Discus and support Search Edge Bookmarks in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to open the Bookmarks folder in Edge and how to search the bookmarks ? Thanks in advance. Alan 53399 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by AlanWade, Jun 14, 2016.

1. AlanWade Win User

Search Edge Bookmarks

Does anyone know how to open the Bookmarks folder in Edge and how to search the bookmarks ?

Thanks in advance.
    Alan

:)

AlanWade, Jun 14, 2016

2. Does Edge browser have a bookmark manager?

This answer is pointless and does not address the question: how to manage bookmarks once they are imported to edge.

I find no way in edge to move bookmarks from one folder to another, to sort bookmark folders or contents, or to move folders in or out of folders.

Outside of edge, I can find the bookmarks file when I search through files but it doesn't seem to match the actual bookmarks used by edge, i.e., I put a bookmark folder named "test" in the bookmarks while using edge. But that "test" folder didn't show in
    the bookmarks files under program files.

Very clumsy program from a company doing this forever - seem to have thrown away all the useful for something utterly maddening.

CatherineMcBride, Jun 14, 2016
  3. eyore15 Win User
    Does Edge store bookmarks in a central location?

I am not always the most technically the most technically literate person, so there may be a simple answer to this.

When I save a bookmark in Edge, it seems to be stored locally only. If I use IE on a different computer, I don't see the same bookmarks. Nothing I've saved in Edge is there.

I really like Contana, but now that the search result only uses Edge, this is a huge problem for me. It makes no sense to do searches and bookmark the sites if I can only use them on one computer.

For now, I've installed Chrome. At least IT understands that people work on more than one computer.

eyore15, Jun 14, 2016
  4. Search Edge Bookmarks

Click on item that looks like a pen on a sheet of Paper
    That will open it for you to do whatever you want

Once open go to right hand side and click on what looks like a floppy disc
    That will bring up anything you have saved or want to save,
    I clicked on it and brought this website up or favourites

hTconeM9user, Jun 14, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    You might be interested in this article :
    Where are Favorites stored in Edge browser on Windows 10
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/where-...stored-in-edge

davidhk, Jun 14, 2016
  6. AlanWade Win User
    Thanks for the replys, I will have a play with them.

AlanWade, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Search Edge Bookmarks

1. Search Edge Bookmarks - Similar Threads - Search Edge Bookmarks

2. Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons: I recently had to replace my hard drive and I am trying to load the Favicons file from my old user directory and get Error "0x800704C8 This operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open". I was able to move the bookmark file so all my bookmarks show...
  3. Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons: I recently had to replace my hard drive and I am trying to load the Favicons file from my old user directory and get Error "0x800704C8 This operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open". I was able to move the bookmark file so all my bookmarks show...
  4. Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Firefox Bookmark Search

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Bookmark Search: When I open up the bookmark manager, and do a search, how can I tell which folder the bookmark is in? 157783
  6. edge recreates deleted bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    edge recreates deleted bookmarks: its an annoying bit of problem. everytime i delete a bookmark, that same bookmark seems to have a mind of its own and spawns. in same location. what is wrong and how to fix it 74039
  7. Edge bookmarks disapearing

in Browsers and Email
    Edge bookmarks disapearing: I tried importing bookmarks directly from Chrome and tried importing from a file and get the same result with both. I have re-installed Windows Creators several times and still get the same results. Cleared everything from Edge and start over, same result. When I first...
  8. Linking Edge Browers bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Linking Edge Browers bookmarks: Hey Guys, I have a desktop PC and laptop, both with Win10 install. I have saved all my bookmarks to my Edge browser on my PC. Is there a way I can sync my Edge browser on my laptop with the bookmarks from my pc. I know Google Chrome and Opera allow this feature but I...
  9. Change order of bookmarks in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Change order of bookmarks in Edge?: Is there any way to change the order of the bookmarks in Edge? I can't seem to drag and drop anymore. Matt 14442
  10. Edge Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Bookmarks: How do I save my bookmarks in edge to transfer to another computer. I want my same setting if possible on another computer. Thanks 31196

Users found this page by searching for:

1. search edge bookmarks