Windows 10: Search Engine Safesurfs.com

Discus and support Search Engine Safesurfs.com in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi Everyone I have had a recent problem which I believe is identified as a browser virus. When Firefox and Chrome startup they both browse to the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ellellell1, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Search Engine Safesurfs.com

Hi Everyone

I have had a recent problem which I believe is identified as a browser virus. When Firefox and Chrome startup they both browse to the search engine safesurfs.com. I have checked through all files and folders in my computer, searched for the name in my C:/ drive, looked through all extentions and addons.

I have removed the program itself through uninstalling it, but obviously it hasn't gone. I have cleared and reset cookies and cache for every browser. I am doing a full system scan now and so the only solution I believe now is it will be a problem in the registry?

I am able to browse to google, which is find and it randomly sometimes redirects me to add pages. Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

ellellell1, Nov 30, 2015

2. Search Engine

Hi,

Glad to have helped. Sounds like you did some very good troubleshooting!

(If a reply was the solution please mark it as the "Answer" and/or "Solved My Problem" or if it was helpful please mark it as "Helpful". Those help others find the proper solutions.)

Moving everyday, going further on,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Nov 30, 2015
  3. search engine

I want to uninstall Bing search engine that came with Microsoft 10 and would like to know how Please help

LyndaCohen-Priegel, Nov 30, 2015
  4. Search Engine Safesurfs.com

Here is also and image:

Search Engine Safesurfs.com [​IMG]

ellellell1, Nov 30, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Nov 30, 2015
  6. Thanks for that.

I was actually looking at the same page myself. It looks as if it has worked but I am a bit confused of how to approach step 3.
    How would I check through arguments?

Edit: I found how to edit the targeted webpage. Thanks for your help Edwin *Wink

ellellell1, Nov 30, 2015
  7. Rob1953 Win User
    I'm also suffering from a browser (IE 11) hijack from safesurfs.com

I've tried various tools such as Malwarebytes, Spybot and a fully paid version of SpyHunter but none of them will remove it from my system. I've also tried resetting IE 11 as various web sites suggest.

Is there a manual method to remove this threat from my PC?

Rob1953, Nov 30, 2015
  8. Edwin New Member

Search Engine Safesurfs.com

Follow the link from the two previous posts:

http://www.malwarekillers.com/how-to...wser-hijacker/

Edwin, Nov 30, 2015
  9. f14tomcat Win User
    Try ADWCLEANER, careful what you check off, just do the browser related entries.

f14tomcat, Nov 30, 2015
  10. I would agree, personally I used CCleaner to remove it. Is it the actual malware infection on your computer (software on your computer) or the homepage is forced to be redirected to safesurfs.com?

Look at step 3 on the article to manually edit the shortcut target.

ellellell1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Search Engine Safesurfs.com

1. Search Engine Safesurfs.com - Similar Threads - Search Engine Safesurfs

2. Changing search engines . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing search engines . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.My two browsers are, Google and Firefox.When I search, with Firefox. It uses, Google.I would like to use, Yahoo. As the search engine,for Firefox.But I don't see, Yahoo. Listed, as the option?So how can I have, Yahoo. As the...
  3. search engine

in Cortana
    search engine: pretty interesting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-engine/b4e24788-6491-449b-9baa-ff6b35bd2bc2
  4. search engine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    search engine: google search was replaced by yahoo search, how to restore google search? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-engine/3b31887b-e6d9-4320-9337-54dae9602e63
  5. Search engine settings

Search engine settings: Hello, I wanted to know if there is a way to keep the windows search engine open after selecting a folder. When I am looking for a folder or a document, and realise I opened the wrong one, I have to repeatedly re-open the engine and start all the process from cero, is...
  6. Windows search Engine

Windows search Engine: Hi, how to fix the windows search engine. It is still not working. What could be the reason behind it? thanks! regards, pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-engine/b64112cb-7853-49a8-aa2c-9c4ea46dcfc2
  7. BING SEARCH ENGINE

BING SEARCH ENGINE: Whenever I click on Google Chrome I get BING. I want that to stop. HOW? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-search-engine/ba5e3cd1-9db2-4f33-9d0c-8a1bcd9ed342
  8. Search Engines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Engines: All my 'pc' life I have used Google but recently have been observing some disturbing trends with them; both political and privacy. Finally, I decided to try another and did a 'google' search for a good unbiased search engine with privacy (alleged). I am trialing duckduckgo on...
  9. search engines

in Browsers and Email
    search engines: Here lately, search engines are not doing what they are designed to do. AS an example ,if I type in something like, “how to clean old furniture’ instead of taking me to links that gives information I want, they take me to links for other search engines that will do the same...
  10. Search Engine

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Engine: How to add a chrome search engine 78340