Windows 10: Search for item on second hdd

Discus and support Search for item on second hdd in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a second hdd installed on my desktop that has all my documents etc.My C drive is for the O/S only. My problem is when I select the search on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by menu, Feb 3, 2016.

1. menu Win User

Search for item on second hdd

I have a second hdd installed on my desktop that has all my documents etc.My C drive is for the O/S only.
    My problem is when I select the search on the taskbar it only searches the C drive how will I set it to search the other internal drive??.Windows 10.
    Thanks.
    Also awaiting new zoomstorm desktop should arrive next week.

:)

menu, Feb 3, 2016

2. Windows 10 Constant Hard Drive Activity

I had this problem too with the HDD light blinking constantly every couple of seconds. I went to Task Manager and began killing running processes and then services until I found the culprit - Wisecare 365. When I turned it back on the HDD light began
    blinking again. It's now a disabled startup item and no blinking HDD.

RobertLongford, Feb 3, 2016
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Can't Empty Recycle Bin for Second HDD

Hello,

Good to know your issue got resolved. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Feb 3, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

I believe you also have to click My Stuff before it searches on the other drives.

philc43, Feb 4, 2016
  5. cereberus Win User
    OK so the task bar search is stupid at times.

But you can still do it the old fashioned way.

Open file explorer, click on drive, and use its search function.

I only ever use this as it works!

cereberus, Feb 4, 2016
  6. menu Win User
    Thanks both.
    Between the two replies have solved the issue.

Thanks very much to both of you. *Thumbs *Thumbs

menu, Feb 4, 2016
  7. philc43 Win User
    You're welcome! Please mark the thread as solved and thanks for the feedback.

philc43, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Search for item on second hdd - Similar Threads - Search item second

2. Second HDD not recognized.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Second HDD not recognized.: I have a Lenovo ThinkCentre desktop that has a main HDD with Windows 10 Pro, but does not recognize another HDD that's dual-boot with Windows 10 and Linux Lite.I first tried to connect the second drive internally with the cables connected to the DVD drive. It said "Not...
  3. Second HDD not recognized.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second HDD not recognized.: I have a Lenovo ThinkCentre desktop that has a main HDD with Windows 10 Pro, but does not recognize another HDD that's dual-boot with Windows 10 and Linux Lite.I first tried to connect the second drive internally with the cables connected to the DVD drive. It said "Not...
  4. Second HDD not recognized.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Transfering items and making items download on an HDD drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transfering items and making items download on an HDD drive: When i changed the setting for apps to download on my HDD drive and hit apply, all apps and games i download still download on my SSD, the problem is its half full and my HDD doesnt have anything on it, Any help would be appreciated....
  6. Disable second HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable second HDD: Hey! On my machine I have one SSD and one HDD. The SSD holds two OSs - Win10 and Linux, the HDD is formatted ext4 for the Linux (which is the daily driver on the machine). When I'm using Win10, there's no point in the HDD spinning (noise, wear), because for it it's...
  7. Search Displaying Uninstalled Items, and missing Installed Items

in Cortana
    Search Displaying Uninstalled Items, and missing Installed Items: I recently upgraded from Office 2016 to Office 365 and now whenever I type "Word" into the Search bar, the previous version of Word, "Word 2016," comes up and the currently installed version does not. Word 2016 has been uninstalled. I have tried rebuilding my search index...
  8. Second HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Second HDD: Hello, i have some problems with my additional HDD, it has power and its starts up but i cant see it in my computer. i also entered bios and i cant find a way to “turn on” the second HDD....
  9. Search items not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search items not showing: Normally when you click the Windows key & type search words like "RUN" the corresponding programs show up. This is not happening now. All I am getting is a blank screen Screenshot attached. Windows 10 Home single language 64 bit 1909 18363.628 Vijay. [IMG]...
  10. Install second hdd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install second hdd: Hi. Just decided to install a second HDD to hold my documents photos etc how would I set that drive H to save my items. I want all my stuff to save to that H HHD automatic upon selecting save as. My C drive has the O/P and all programs. Any help please. Thanks. 89943