Windows 10: Search function not working

Discus and support Search function not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, When I type anything in the search, nothing shows up. really frustrating, what can I do to fix it? Thanks 28935 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mibaup, Nov 5, 2015.

1. mibaup Win User

Search function not working

Hello,

When I type anything in the search, nothing shows up.
    really frustrating, what can I do to fix it?

Thanks

:)

mibaup, Nov 5, 2015

2. Search function not working

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Nov 5, 2015
  3. Online contacts search function not working.

My problem is more peculiar. Have been using MS MyPhone for 1-1/2 yrs and have more than tens of thousands of messages stored in my online account. When searched for SMS messages received from a particular contact, it yields SMSes received only prior to
    a cut-off date but does not show messages received after the cut-off date although it is clearly there. Same is the case with contacts search. It is extremely frustrating and sans simple logic.

ParwezAhmed, Nov 5, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, are you talking about
    - Cortana search (the search box on the taskbar)
    or
    - search using Windows explorer
    or
    - the search box in Settings dialogues
    or
    - something else?
    Thanks!

dalchina, Nov 5, 2015
Thema:

1. Search function not working - Similar Threads - Search function working

2. Search Bar Function Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Bar Function Not Working: Hello: my search bar continues to not work. I have tried all of the methods within the community. What is strange is that I am able to paste in text; however, the actual keyboard will not type into the search box. This is extremely frustrating. Please help!...
  3. Search Bar Function Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Bar Function Not Working: Hello: my search bar continues to not work. I have tried all of the methods within the community. What is strange is that I am able to paste in text; however, the actual keyboard will not type into the search box. This is extremely frustrating. Please help!...
  4. Windows Search function not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search function not working: On my Win 11 PC the search is not working. When I click on the search icon in the lower left, nothing happens. If I click on the Windows key and then try to type in the area which says "Type Here to search" nothing happens except that a Win 11 app is highlighted.Please advise...
  5. Windows Search function not working

Windows Search function not working: On my Win 11 PC the search is not working. When I click on the search icon in the lower left, nothing happens. If I click on the Windows key and then try to type in the area which says "Type Here to search" nothing happens except that a Win 11 app is highlighted.Please advise...
  6. Search function not working

in Cortana
    Search function not working: Today my search function stopped working. When i try to type something in the search bar, it just crashes - same thing when i try to look for something in the file explorer or just by pressing windows key and typing.I have tried to solve it for the past couple hours, tried...
  7. Search function not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search function not working: Today my search function stopped working. When i try to type something in the search bar, it just crashes - same thing when i try to look for something in the file explorer or just by pressing windows key and typing.I have tried to solve it for the past couple hours, tried...
  8. Search function not working

9. Search function not working,...

in Cortana
    Search function not working,...: I only have 1 account on my PC and I realized that from some time ago the search function was unable to search settings or other windows functions, only files, and I did what the internet told me to do and navigated to...
  10. Searching function not working

in Cortana
    Searching function not working: Hello, My PC is in Win10. While I would like to open an app e.g calculator, I push win key then type "Calculator" but the searching box doesn't show anything like it does before: [ATTACH] How to fix this?...