Windows 10: Search function not working

Discus and support Search function not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, When I type anything in the search, nothing shows up. really frustrating, what can I do to fix it? Thanks 28935 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mibaup, Nov 5, 2015.

1. mibaup Win User

Search function not working

Hello,

When I type anything in the search, nothing shows up.
    really frustrating, what can I do to fix it?

Thanks

:)

mibaup, Nov 5, 2015

2. Search function not working

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Nov 5, 2015
  3. Online contacts search function not working.

My problem is more peculiar. Have been using MS MyPhone for 1-1/2 yrs and have more than tens of thousands of messages stored in my online account. When searched for SMS messages received from a particular contact, it yields SMSes received only prior to
    a cut-off date but does not show messages received after the cut-off date although it is clearly there. Same is the case with contacts search. It is extremely frustrating and sans simple logic.

ParwezAhmed, Nov 5, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, are you talking about
    - Cortana search (the search box on the taskbar)
    or
    - search using Windows explorer
    or
    - the search box in Settings dialogues
    or
    - something else?
    Thanks!

dalchina, Nov 5, 2015
Thema:

1. Search function not working - Similar Threads - Search function working

2. Windows 10 search function not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 search function not working: Hi, After updating my windows to 1903, my windows search is not working at all. When i go to type something in, the tab is blank and nothing I type has any response. I created a temporary account and signed into that one and it works perfectly fine, but on my account it...
  3. Search function not working in any folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search function not working in any folder: Hey, I noticed a week ago or something like that when I was gonna search for a picture in one of my folders that the search function wasn't working as intended. I didn't think much of it then and decided to just find the picture by scrolling through a bit since I figured...
  4. Searching function not working

in Cortana
    Searching function not working: Hello, My PC is in Win10. While I would like to open an app e.g calculator, I push win key then type "Calculator" but the searching box doesn't show anything like it does before: [ATTACH] How to fix this?...
  5. search function on taskbar

in Cortana
    search function on taskbar: just reinstalled win 10 but a large black box p0ps up on screen , emanating from the search white box lower left taskbar and asks me to strart typing , search etc ... it disappears when i press escape bu t alway s returns.. i am using a german keboard , ie selexted in...
  6. Windows Explorer search functionality not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer search functionality not working: Cannot get result when we do a simple file search. Some times it keeps loading and sometimes get blank result https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-search-functionality-not-working/d81249cd-84b1-40db-98c1-561d30d0537c
  7. Windows 10 search function is not working.

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search function is not working.: Nothing happens when I try to use the search function on my Windows 10 laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-function-is-not-working/f240d2f8-7f03-4e53-a915-6fcb7004e352"
  8. the search function is unresponsive (search windows)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    the search function is unresponsive (search windows): when go to type something in the search box, it brings up the requested program. but, when click it, nothing happens. I would have to go to start menu and click from there*Shock 78448
  9. Search Function Not Working after Upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Function Not Working after Upgrade to Windows 10: I have 8 NAS drives on my network that is attached to my computer. Prior to upgrade to Windows 10 - from Windows 7 , I could go to file explorer and then search all the NAS drives for the info that I needed. In Windows 10, I can see on the NAS drives under This PC but...
  10. Search The Web And Windows Function Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Search The Web And Windows Function Not Working: I cannot enable the SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS function on Windows 10. When I click on it, the hourglass icon flickers on and immediately disappears. Has anyone else experienced this problem? 22417