Windows 10: search icon on taskbar

Discus and support search icon on taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have both desktop and laptop set up on 10. The desktop has "Search the web and Windows" on the task bar. It's not on the laptop. How do I get it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DaveP, Sep 26, 2015.

1. DaveP Win User

search icon on taskbar

I have both desktop and laptop set up on 10. The desktop has "Search the web and Windows" on the task bar. It's not on the laptop. How do I get it. Thanks.

:)

DaveP, Sep 26, 2015
  2. jkw741 Win User

Restore magnifying glass icon to taskbar

To restore the search icon to the taskbar > right click on the taskbar > click on "Search" > check "Show search icon"

Now the search icon should show on your taskbar.

jkw741, Sep 26, 2015
  3. Can't find search on Windows 10

Right Click empty area of taskbar> Search/Cortana> Show search box/ Show icon.

This should make a search bar/icon on your taskbar to search files, settings etc.

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 26, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

search icon on taskbar

jds63, Sep 26, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

search icon on taskbar

1. search icon on taskbar - Similar Threads - search icon taskbar

2. What is this icon in the search taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is this icon in the search taskbar?: Why is this icon appearing in the search bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this-icon-in-the-search-taskbar/efb0dc9b-2403-4522-8510-8f1290712557
  3. What is this icon in the search taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is this icon in the search taskbar?: Why is this icon appearing in the search bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this-icon-in-the-search-taskbar/efb0dc9b-2403-4522-8510-8f1290712557
  4. What is this icon in the search taskbar?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Confusing taskbar search icon

in Cortana
    Confusing taskbar search icon: Did Windows mistakenly replace Windows 11's search icon with Windows 10's? It's really not seamless with other icons. And is there a way to set the icon back to the original? like the icon of the search box...
  6. Confusing taskbar search icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Confusing taskbar search icon: Did Windows mistakenly replace Windows 11's search icon with Windows 10's? It's really not seamless with other icons. And is there a way to set the icon back to the original? like the icon of the search box...
  7. Confusing taskbar search icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Search engine icon on taskbar

in Cortana
    Search engine icon on taskbar: Hello I recently added the cortana icon to my taskbar and the old search icon has disappeared. Has the cortana replaced the old sign ? I would like to have the sign back because it helps me search and find files easily....
  9. Search icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Search icon on taskbar: Just had the latest Win 10 update, .After 3 hours of waiting I have now lost the ordinary search icon. I do not use Cortana, I just want the search icon (magnifying glass type) on the tasbar and not the Cortana one. How do I achieve this? Win 10 pro 67308
  10. Search icon in taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Search icon in taskbar: magnifying glass missing from taskbar How to I get this back Please.Many thanks.*Sad 77118