Windows 10: Search in Windows 10 Taskbar Stopped Working

Discus and support Search in Windows 10 Taskbar Stopped Working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Win10 version 1607 OS Build 14393.1358 The search area on the task bar - it's the magnifying glass icon. Usually it works OK, like if I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by leegold, Jun 26, 2017.

1. leegold Win User

Search in Windows 10 Taskbar Stopped Working

Hi,

Win10 version 1607 OS Build 14393.1358

The search area on the task bar - it's the magnifying glass icon. Usually it works OK, like if I need to find CCleaner I just type "cc" and it'll confirm it's installed or not. Or I type "update" and it'll find java update, MS update... - all the apps associated with updates.

But it suddenly stopped working. It finds nothing. I don't want Cortana. But I do want a that good time-saving search and now it's gone.

I'd be grateful for any help.

:)

leegold, Jun 26, 2017

2. My Start button does not work - only with a right click, as well as the Search the web and Windows

After upgrading to Windows 10, my start button stopped working, I cannot use the Search the web and Windows taskbar search and I have no live Windows. These features existed after the upgrade but are not working or available to me since last week.

KarenTalley, Jun 26, 2017
  3. OzzieMatt Win User
    Search box functionality in disabled Cortana

Is it possible to disable Cortana, while still leaving the taskbar search box functional? I already have disabled Cortana; the taskbar search box stopped working at that point...

OzzieMatt, Jun 26, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, do these elementary ideas help?
    Windows 10 search not working Solved - Windows 10 Forums
    Search is not working. Solved - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

Note the second mentions rebuilding the search index; try opening file explorer in a folder or disk which is specified to be indexed, and see if you get 'instant' results.

(Search Index: e.g. Windows key + X, Control Panel, Indexing Options).

Have a look at your Update History- was an update installed at the time this stopped working, perhaps?

dalchina, Jun 26, 2017
Thema:

1. Search in Windows 10 Taskbar Stopped Working - Similar Threads - Search Taskbar Stopped

2. Taskbar Search stopped working after V1909/KB4517245 update?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Search stopped working after V1909/KB4517245 update?: My winver is 1903 OS 18362.476. The task bar search no longer accepts text input after the V1909/KB4517245 Enablement Package went in? I have sort of gotten dependent on that search box by using it to find and activate everything. I have had to learn other ways to run...
  3. Autohide for taskbar stop working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Autohide for taskbar stop working: Hello -- I have my taskbar set to autohide -- it seems more so lately that it freezes in "visible" position and its always "on top" so can't get to windows under it --- it seems the only way to un-freeze it is to restart explorer.exe --- is this a bug?...
  4. taskbar search does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar search does not work: Taskbar search block come up, but any entry gets a blank screen - no results https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-search-does-not-work/5f5d7bac-ad3d-40b6-8813-71f3ea0b867d
  5. Windows 10 - Taskbar search doesn't work

in Cortana
    Windows 10 - Taskbar search doesn't work: Ever since a couple of days ago the taskbar search stopped working. I searched online for solutions and found some odd advice. One of them said to go to control panel and use the native trouble shooter..How can I do that when the search bar doesn't work! (I use the search...
  6. Setting search stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Setting search stopped working: it used to work before, now it stopped, I tried everything, sfc, DISM checks, says nothing wrong, checked Indexes in windows.immersivecontrolpanel_cw5n1h2txyewy/LocalState there was nothing, made another account, there was nothing in LocalState folder but setting search...
  7. windows search box stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows search box stopped working: after the last windows 10 update my windows search box stopped workin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-box-stopped-working/8f66a1d6-8559-414a-8db7-bdbb644aa326
  8. Program search stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Program search stopped working: I tried the other day to search for a program on the start menu and it worked fine. I then set up Cortana for speech mode and all I get now when typing in the box are four blue dots scrolling at the top of the search box. Anyone know a fix or will MS fix this in SR1? Tim...
  9. Cortana Taskbar Search Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Taskbar Search Not Working: Cortana taskbar search shows up but when you click on it, you cannot enter text. Also even though you can see the Cortana control panel listing when searching in Settings when you click on it it does not open. I checked and the Cortana files are in the System Apps folder. The...
  10. Search Just Stops Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Just Stops Working: I've not seen any threads here nor elsewhere about this, so here is my plaint, Search just stops working. For example, as search had stopped a few days ago, I rebooted a few hours ago, and search started working. Now, it has again quit; all I get when I type anything in is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i use search taskbar it stopped