Search is searching the web again

Discus and support Search is searching the web again in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I have just noticed that Search on my PC is suddenly searching the web. It didn't used to.I had that disabled. I don't use Cortana, so that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davefaz, Jun 6, 2018.

1. davefaz Win User

I have just noticed that Search on my PC is suddenly searching the web. It didn't used to.I had that disabled. I don't use Cortana, so that is disabled. However, it seems that Microsoft in their incredible persistence to get hold of all my data, has enabled web search again. Anyone know how to disable it?

:)

davefaz, Jun 6, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

"Search the web and Windows" does not search for what I entered

Hello Brian,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to run the inbuilt troubleshooter for search and check if the issue persists.

Follow these steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search box and hit Enter.
      • Click View all from the left pane and select Search and Indexing.
      • Follow the on-screen instructions and check.
    Hope this helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Anju Thekkethil Win User
    Setting for Cortana, Device Search History, and Search Online & Include Web Results

Hello Simmons,

A quick question before proceed:

Are you referring to hide search bar option?

If yes, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Right click on the search bar.

• Select search option.

• Now click on the hidden option.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Search is searching the web again

Search is searching the web again - Similar Threads - Search searching web

1. Whete is the option to disable web search results?

in Windows 10 Support
    Whete is the option to disable web search results?: I am trying to sort out a problem here. Two of my PC's have recently started to include web results in the search, which is something I don't want. It may well be that I forgot to disable that feature when I first installed Win 10. However, I now can't find the disable. I...
  2. Windows 10 Edge "Web Search Bar" is new and I want to disable

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Edge "Web Search Bar" is new and I want to disable: Hello, I use Edge and I guess I just had a new update on my computer. I now have 2 internet search tabs showing up. The normal Edge "search or enter web address" is what I use and like. Now, I have a new "search the web : web search" bar below it and it covers about 1/2 of...
  3. How Do I Search Long List Of Web Credentials In Credential Manager?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Search Long List Of Web Credentials In Credential Manager?: My Windows 10 ro is currently Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.1715). My web browser is IE11. In Control Panel > Credential Manager I have, over time, accumulated a very long list of Web Passwords. When I tried to search for the URL substring "amazon", I could not find a way...
  4. How to turn off Cortana auto web search ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to turn off Cortana auto web search ?: When I type in cortana to search my PC, for ex: task manager..I get a stack of web site results from the web also. How do I disable the web search option on cortana , to just search PC ? If I want to search web I will use google.*Smilethanks 15063.138 / 1703 win10 82150
  5. Disable Cortana and Web Search for the Spring Creators Update (1803)

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Cortana and Web Search for the Spring Creators Update (1803): Try this one, but it probably does not work for Home. Code: reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search" /v "DoNotUseWebResults" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f Policy CSP - Search | Microsoft Docs[/quote] No luck with this one too for Home ed. Thanks for...
  6. Show Cortana Web Search Results in Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Show Cortana Web Search Results in Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer: I having an issue downloading the registry files on this page. When I click the download button the link takes me to the forums home page. 66002
  7. Cortana web searches not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana web searches not opening: Does it still do this when you have Microsoft Edge set as your default web browser? Choose Default Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials Yeah, it still doesn't work.
Search is searching the web again solved