Search is searching the web again

Discus and support Search is searching the web again in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just noticed that Search on my PC is suddenly searching the web. It didn't used to.I had that disabled. I don't use Cortana, so that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davefaz, Jun 6, 2018.

1. davefaz Win User

I have just noticed that Search on my PC is suddenly searching the web. It didn't used to.I had that disabled. I don't use Cortana, so that is disabled. However, it seems that Microsoft in their incredible persistence to get hold of all my data, has enabled web search again. Anyone know how to disable it?

:)

davefaz, Jun 6, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

"Search the web and Windows" does not search for what I entered

Hello Brian,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to run the inbuilt troubleshooter for search and check if the issue persists.

Follow these steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search box and hit Enter.
      • Click View all from the left pane and select Search and Indexing.
      • Follow the on-screen instructions and check.
    Hope this helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Anju Thekkethil Win User
    Setting for Cortana, Device Search History, and Search Online & Include Web Results

Hello Simmons,

A quick question before proceed:

Are you referring to hide search bar option?

If yes, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Right click on the search bar.

• Select search option.

• Now click on the hidden option.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Search is searching the web again - Similar Threads - Search searching web

2. how do i get my task bar back on the bottom of my screen again, it seems to have moved to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i get my task bar back on the bottom of my screen again, it seems to have moved to...: how do i get my task bar back on the bottom of my screen again, it seems to have moved to the side of my page ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-get-my-task-bar-back-on-the-bottom-of-my/91d92472-3313-42ec-9302-421a68b67fcd
  3. Windows Update Search for things I don't want problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Search for things I don't want problem: StoreAgentSearchUpdatePackagesFailure1 I get about 20 of these annoyances every day which I delete after seeing that the report was sent [img] [img] v 1709 [img] I have deleted or disabled Store, and used dism repair [img] 115904
  4. after windows 10 update slow boot, black screen. slow web page laoding, crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    after windows 10 update slow boot, black screen. slow web page laoding, crashes: after last few updates and last in particular, black screen after log in, slow page loading, crashes on explorer and word. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/after-windows-10-update-slow-boot-black-screen/bf4ec0db-c2f1-4151-a103-b1c01747cd55
  5. Please Help Getting this error again and again

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Please Help Getting this error again and again: Please Help Getting this error again and again. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/please-help-getting-this-error-again-and-again/c790d902-1fb9-4477-8f1c-75bda1da696c
  6. Windows search stopped working, wont rebuild index

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows search stopped working, wont rebuild index: I foolishly got some viruses a few days ago. I cleaned it all out I think with malwarebytes and hitman pro, but one problem remains that windows search will not find any files. It finds programs like Steam, Firefox, etc and windows functions just fine but it won't find ANY...
  7. printing multiple pages on one sheet doesnt work again windows 10 pro version 1803 os build...

in Windows 10 Customization
    printing multiple pages on one sheet doesnt work again windows 10 pro version 1803 os build...: i used to use the print 4 pages on one sheet in micorsoft word but this does not work anymore. when it is selected the document just prints 1 page to the left corner instead of 4 pages per sheet. nothing has changed with my system eg printer or windows. this also happends...
  8. Does resetting my Windows 10 PC permanently get rid of pre-installed (and 3rd party, web...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does resetting my Windows 10 PC permanently get rid of pre-installed (and 3rd party, web...: To whoever's reading this... I'm running Windows 10 (not the latest one) on a HP laptop. Programs such as HP Support Assistant, HP Orbit and more came with the laptop. I've also got stuff from the Microsoft Store. I'm not going to be mad if they're uninstalled because I can...
  9. Microsoft reveals how it fixed the broken Windows Search feature

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reveals how it fixed the broken Windows Search feature: Microsoft has finally realized that the search engine in Windows 10 has the potential to break other features. Microsoft says that there were enough people turning off Windows Search to fix issues like Excessive Disk Usage. Windows Search is deeply integrated into the...
  10. Restart direct after restart and again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restart direct after restart and again: All recent updates installed , restart 3 times with no change in system, anyhow again asked for a restart all the time. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/restart-direct-after-restart-and-again/c3d8067a-2d80-404a-ac61-5f836dcabc5f