Windows 10: Search is searching the web again

Discus and support Search is searching the web again in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just noticed that Search on my PC is suddenly searching the web. It didn't used to.I had that disabled. I don't use Cortana, so that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davefaz, Jun 6, 2018.

1. davefaz Win User

Search is searching the web again

I have just noticed that Search on my PC is suddenly searching the web. It didn't used to.I had that disabled. I don't use Cortana, so that is disabled. However, it seems that Microsoft in their incredible persistence to get hold of all my data, has enabled web search again. Anyone know how to disable it?

:)

davefaz, Jun 6, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

"Search the web and Windows" does not search for what I entered

Hello Brian,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to run the inbuilt troubleshooter for search and check if the issue persists.

Follow these steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search box and hit Enter.
      • Click View all from the left pane and select Search and Indexing.
      • Follow the on-screen instructions and check.
    Hope this helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Setting for Cortana, Device Search History, and Search Online & Include Web Results

Hello Simmons,

A quick question before proceed:

Are you referring to hide search bar option?

If yes, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Right click on the search bar.

• Select search option.

• Now click on the hidden option.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Search is searching the web again

1. Search is searching the web again - Similar Threads - Search searching web

2. Web search not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web search not working.: Web searching is not working. I have tried indexing, rebuilding, restarting services and cortana. This was triggered by a debloat. I am not just going to 'use Google' because I like convenience sake....
  3. Web search results

in Cortana
    Web search results: Hi, my name is Sumiyuru I am using a windows 10 home operating system hp I have a problem in the search box, as experienced in my other 2 computers when I search something in the web it immediately gives me web results but in my hp computer in the search box when I search...
  4. Can't search the web

in Cortana
    Can't search the web: I tried to search the weather with Bing search and it said 'No results found' Did the web search feature get removed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-search-the-web/1430ab93-b385-49dd-81a5-22a12a17ac7b
  5. Cortana web search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana web search: Is there any way I can change Cortana settings so when I search for something it brings up a new tab in Google Chrome, not Microsoft Edge with bing. My default search engine is Google Chrome but it still opens up a new tab in Microsoft Edge. submitted by /u/DATBOI___...
  6. Web Search in Windows search not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Web Search in Windows search not working: Is anyone having an issue with windows search? Normally when i want to web search something, I type it into windows search and web search it, but for some reason that isn't working for me anymore. Its like Web search in Windows search is just gone now....
  7. Cortana not searching the web

in Cortana
    Cortana not searching the web: Cortana searches files instead of searching the web. E.x searching up 12431x3 it will show files named '12431x3' if it doesn't find files it will show "no result" . It used to search the web and bring up a calculator instead of searching files....
  8. no search the web?

in Cortana
    no search the web?: cortana sometimes searches the web when you don't want her to, while apple's siri can let you say "search the web for <subject>" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-search-the-web/efb003a7-5a55-4bda-8968-1e8518fb1b05"
  9. Search and how to stop searching the web.

in Windows 10 Support
    Search and how to stop searching the web.: I sometimes want to search just my PC for files but search brings up internet files. How do I stop search going on to the internet please? 24877
  10. disable web search

in Windows 10 Support
    disable web search: On the start menu I do not like that 10 is searching the web for results. I've found the entries in group policy as shown below but that doesn't work.*Mad How do I disable web search from the start menu. Disable web results in Windows 10 search - Microsoft Beta - Neowin...