Windows 10: "Search My Stuff" Not Clickable - Nothing Happens when I click it

Discus and support "Search My Stuff" Not Clickable - Nothing Happens when I click it in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Sorry for the repeat post but I tried to clarify the title of this post and the change wouldn't stick. The title didn't make much sense after I read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gator5000e, Oct 14, 2015.

1. "Search My Stuff" Not Clickable - Nothing Happens when I click it

Sorry for the repeat post but I tried to clarify the title of this post and the change wouldn't stick. The title didn't make much sense after I read what I had posted. Mods please delete the other thread. Sorry and Thanks.

Here is my issue. I guess I am having issues with Windows 10 Search. The first problem is when I enter a term in the search bar and the results pop up, the "Search My Stuff" option at the bottom of the results is basically dead. It does nothing when I click on it. And nothing happens when I hit Enter. So I am only see the very few items that show up in the pop up box.

I assume, and of course, could be wrong, the "Search My Stuff" button is similar to the See More Results link that was at the bottom of the Windows 7 & 8 search box that appeared after entering a search term. As I said, if it is, it ain't working, and if it's not, that leads to my next question.....

Is there an option to See More Results after entering a search term? How do you find all the files that meet your search term?

I can't take a screen shot because the search box goes away if I click on something else. Sorry.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Gator5000e, Oct 14, 2015

2. Clicking on stuff and nothing happens!

You're always welcome.

Since performing a clean boot did not resolve the issue, you can try these
    recovery options

Let us know how it goes.

Arnold Fra, Oct 14, 2015
  3. Jan Pac Win User
    Clicking on stuff and nothing happens!

Hello,

We're here to help.

Since you've mentioned that it all started when you downloaded a game from the internet, we suggest that you need to perform a clean boot. Please see this
    link for the instructions.

Keep us posted.

Thank you.

Jan Pac, Oct 14, 2015
  4. "Search My Stuff" Not Clickable - Nothing Happens when I click it

It appears my issue with the search is related somehow to a User Account issue. As a test, i created a dummy account, signed into it and the Search worked perfectly. So something is up with my User Account.

Is there a way to create a new Administrator User Account and then import all my settings, programs and files into it so everything is as it is now but in the new account?

Thanks in advance.

Gator5000e, Oct 15, 2015
  5. Torquemada, Oct 15, 2015
  6. I have Cortana disabled, and the "search my stuff" facility works fine.

Cornishman, Oct 15, 2015
  7. I've tried it both ways, with it on and off. Nothing changes/helps.

Gator5000e, Oct 15, 2015
  8. "Search My Stuff" Not Clickable - Nothing Happens when I click it

I'm wrong AGAIN ! *Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin my bad I had indexing turned off.

Torquemada, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

"Search My Stuff" Not Clickable - Nothing Happens when I click it

1. "Search My Stuff" Not Clickable - Nothing Happens when I click it - Similar Threads - Search Stuff Clickable

2. Nothing happen when I click teh search bar icon

in Cortana
    Nothing happen when I click teh search bar icon: Nothing except cortana popping up for a second in task manager and closing againI have tried:Another user accountrestartingupdatingPasting a long command in the Powershell Dont remember the commandDoing the one system scan thingy in CMD everything fineI am a bit new to...
  3. I click an app and nothing happens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I click an app and nothing happens: Hello, I have updated my windows yesterday and ever since then I have been having some issues opening certain apps, when I click “app”, nothing happens at all, not even an error message. I have read that the reason could be file corruptions after the update so I tried...
  4. Nothing happens when I click 'browse' button.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nothing happens when I click 'browse' button.: Whenever I click 'browse' button to open a file or to save one it does nothing. I tried SFC and DISM commands and nothing achieved. I'm sure there is a problem with a 'dll' file in the system32 directory, however, I cannot locate it as I don't know what its name is. Any help...
  5. Nothing happens when I click on any of these

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nothing happens when I click on any of these: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BlueMonkey35 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kfre2p/nothing_happens_when_i_click_on_any_of_these/
  6. Nothing Happens When I Click on Search Windows 10

in Cortana
    Nothing Happens When I Click on Search Windows 10: The search bar in the start window and file explorer don't work on my account administrator, but works on another account which I created. I am using Windows 10 Pro Build 19041.508 I have tried rebooting, the troubleshooter, DISM, and restating cortana, but nothing seems fix...
  7. When, I click on, an email message, nothing happens?

in Windows 10 Customization
    When, I click on, an email message, nothing happens?: I run Windows 10 on this computer . . . I use Yahoo Mail, to send and receive, my email. Lately.this computer, is running so S-L-O-W. When, I click on, an email message, nothing happens? It's happens that way for most shortcuts on my desktop. I know you will say, I have two...
  8. Nothing Happens When Search is Clicked in Windows 10

in Cortana
    Nothing Happens When Search is Clicked in Windows 10: I have four different computers exhibiting this same behavior. All have exhibited this problem since upgrading from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. The one I am currently using is Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 Build 18362.418. When I click the Search icon (magnifying glass)...
  9. Nothing happens when I click Hyperlinks from Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Nothing happens when I click Hyperlinks from Apps: Tried both Edge and Chrome browsers as default. Hyperlinks work properly from progs, as they should, but nothing happens when I try to click on links from Apps. Seems like the new start menu has some hyperlinks and nothing happens when I click them: [img] Red boxes...
  10. I click upgrade, but nothing happens?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I click upgrade, but nothing happens?: I am running 8.1 pro 64 bit. I click the icon at the bottom, it says "this pc is compatible" and I click upgrade. I click continue and it checks for updates. None are found. No updates are hidden. I have read and seem to have all necessary updated already installed. Why would...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. quick search is not clickable

2. when i click on a clickable box nothing happens windows 10