Windows 10: Search not pulling up apps on Creators Update

Discus and support Search not pulling up apps on Creators Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Ever since I upgraded to 1703 (aka the Creators Update), I have not been able to pull up any applications through the search menu. I will type... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by selmore95, Apr 29, 2017.

1. selmore95 Win User

Search not pulling up apps on Creators Update

Hi,

Ever since I upgraded to 1703 (aka the Creators Update), I have not been able to pull up any applications through the search menu. I will type in an application that is installed, and it will say that there is no results, even with a re-index. I have tried to re-index (as said earlier), as well as run the Start Menu and the Indexing troubleshooter and neither found any problems. Attached is a screenshot of what shows up.

:)

selmore95, Apr 29, 2017
  2. Gem Libby Win User

Start menu problem

After updating to the Creator's Update, any program/app I install won't show up in the Start Menu search. Although the programs show up in the Start Menu apps list.

I tried reinstalling windows using a fresh installer downloaded using the media creator but I still get the same problem.

Edit: I also found out that programs/apps that were uninstalled through "Apps & features" remain on the Start Menu search.

Gem Libby, Apr 29, 2017
  3. Problem, need solution Plus, a wee vent :-(

Solution: Finally, yesterday, I downloaded new drivers for Bluetooth USB Module and for Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000. Also, w/ my free Everything search app, pulled up Windows.old and renamed it Anything.old (Read on a forum that renaming Windows.old helped,
    the post said one could use any word one wanted in place of "Windows" ). Whether it was the updated drivers and/or the renaming, the Windows Media Creator downloaded without problem & the Anniv. update installed w/ NO HARM to my computer or to any partition.

WomanofSpirit99, Apr 29, 2017
  4. roy111 Win User

Hi sel

how many days have passed since you upgraded?
    i'm asking because i have the same problem but
    it now seems that it is starting to work again after a week/10 days
    from a fresh install

roy111, Apr 29, 2017
  5. Shamoy Win User
    Same issue for me, I did fresh install multiple times but it never fixed the issue.

Shamoy, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Search not pulling up apps on Creators Update - Similar Threads - Search pulling apps

2. I have my Chrome fullscreen, but taskbar wont pull up AND other apps wont pull up over a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have my Chrome fullscreen, but taskbar wont pull up AND other apps wont pull up over a...: Hey everyone, So heres my deal:Ill have Chrome maximized/fullscreen on my PC:1. When I try to pull my mouse down to my toolbar, it doesnt pop up like it should. I have to hit the Windows key to do it. I have already tweaked the settings in my toolbar settings to do so, but it...
  3. I have my Chrome fullscreen, but taskbar wont pull up AND other apps wont pull up over a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have my Chrome fullscreen, but taskbar wont pull up AND other apps wont pull up over a...: Hey everyone, So heres my deal:Ill have Chrome maximized/fullscreen on my PC:1. When I try to pull my mouse down to my toolbar, it doesnt pop up like it should. I have to hit the Windows key to do it. I have already tweaked the settings in my toolbar settings to do so, but it...
  4. I have my Chrome fullscreen, but taskbar wont pull up AND other apps wont pull up over a...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Pulling Up Microsoft Store.

Pulling Up Microsoft Store.: Hello, I am having trouble getting the Microsoft store app to pull up on my pc. It is the same with Minecraft for windows 10. When I click or double click the icon it doesn't pull the app up. I have been trying to get the apps up for days now. I own a HP Desktop. To be...
  6. Windows 10 Search does not pull up files and apps that I search

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search does not pull up files and apps that I search: I bought a new Acer PC pre-loaded with Windows 10 and whatever 3rd party software they decided to pre-install. It had a hard drive. I wanted a Solid State Drive. So I went to a PC store and bought a Solid State Drive and he basically installed a fresh Windows 10 on my SSD...
  7. Command path for Cortana/Search and Connect in Creators Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command path for Cortana/Search and Connect in Creators Update: Greetings everyone. I'm looking for the system location of the command that invokes the search panel when Cortana is clicked - which is also the same command that is invoked when the Taskbar "Search Icon" is clicked. I would also like to find the location of the command...
  8. Store - updating apps glitch in creators?

Store - updating apps glitch in creators?: I always turn the option to update apps automatically off in the store settings. I prefer to check myself manually and choose when to download and install an update. I've noticed since creators that if I run a check for updates the app updates are being found but rather than...
  9. Creator Update search issue (fresh install)

in Windows 10 Support
    Creator Update search issue (fresh install): Hi all TenForums, I hope someone can help explain this issue with win 10 creators, fresh install: Step i've done: Created a "creators update" bootable USB with media creator tool fresh install on 3 different i7 laptop 2 asus 1 hp all seems well but: when I...
  10. Creators update search not pulling up installed programs... HELP!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators update search not pulling up installed programs... HELP!!!: Hey guys, I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10 build 1703 (Creators update) and I am on the latest update as of July 19 2017. I have one big problem, Cortana search doesn't seem to pull up installed programs like VLC or 7-Zip whenever i type the names in. Also if I...