Windows 10: Search not working

Discus and support Search not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all. So, today my win10 64bit pro decided that searching from the start menu will no longer work. No matter what I search for after I push... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sinplify, Sep 1, 2015.

1. sinplify Win User

Search not working

Hi all.

So, today my win10 64bit pro decided that searching from the start menu will no longer work.
    No matter what I search for after I push start, it just keeps searching and nothing shows up.

Any ideas?

:)

sinplify, Sep 1, 2015

2. Error code 0xA00F4244(0xC00D36D5) on using Camera on Windows 10.

my camera ids not working

camera not working, Sep 1, 2015
  3. Skyfire stopped supporting all windows 6.5 phones

Skyfire stopped supporting all windows 6.5 phones so why is it still on markeplace and is Microsoft going to stand up for us now that all they care about is android and Iphone

SKYFIRE NOT WORKING, Sep 1, 2015
  4. Bjarki Win User

Search not working

Hi,

Try to go to:

1. Control Panel

2. Indexing Options

3. Then a new window opens, IndexingOptions

4. Modify, if that do not work click Advanced, Troubleshooting and hit Rebuild.

Bjarki, Sep 11, 2015
Thema:

Search not working

1. Search not working - Similar Threads - Search working

2. WINDOWS START MENU SEARCH NOT WORKING

in Cortana
    WINDOWS START MENU SEARCH NOT WORKING: Hello everybody, Recently I observed that my Startmenu search for windows 10 pro was not working,I tried restarting Cortana by killing it from processes and search operations were resumed but whenever i shutdown my device and turn it back on the problem arises again and...
  3. WINDOWS, CORTANA AND SEARCH ICONS ARE SUDDENLY STOPS WORKING

in Cortana
    WINDOWS, CORTANA AND SEARCH ICONS ARE SUDDENLY STOPS WORKING: On a faithful day, I restarted my windows 10 pc and the Windows icon, Cortana Icon and search box stop working, no matter how many times i click them. Please does anyone knows the solution to my problems. I am in great need of the search and windows icon. Please...
  4. Windows Live Search in StartMenu not working even after troubleshooting

in Cortana
    Windows Live Search in StartMenu not working even after troubleshooting: My Windows Search in startmenu used to work fine. Suddenly one day it failed to work and the place where the files you search for is displayed in searchmenu came out blank. I tried troubleshooting with System&Security troubleshooting option but it cant identify the problem....
  5. Windows Reset - Start Menu, Search, Action Center not working, Settings, Edge and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Reset - Start Menu, Search, Action Center not working, Settings, Edge and...: Hi I performed a windows reset on my Surface Pro (2018 edition) as I was having some DNS/VPN issues (I didn't have much installed on the PC, so figured a reset would be the most straight forward fix). Since I have performed the reset, my start menu, search bar and action...
  6. windows start button and search box stopped working

in Cortana
    windows start button and search box stopped working: windows start button and search box stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-button-and-search-box-stopped/ad7b97bd-6e0d-4d84-a0f7-ea6634a7d8fe"
  7. windows 10 file explorer recursive file search not working porperly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 file explorer recursive file search not working porperly: on my 64 bit windows 19 laptop I performed a file search looking for all "*.xml" files under a directory. It correctly found the 3 files I expected to find but it also found another XML file which does NOT exist under the directory tree. I used my favorite windows searching...
  8. Highlight & Right Click Search Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Highlight & Right Click Search Not Working: When I highlight a word or series of words in a website and right click it says “search Google for “that word or phrase” and nothing happens. How do I fix that?...
  9. Search/Cortana has stopped working since installing Malwarebytes

in Cortana
    Search/Cortana has stopped working since installing Malwarebytes: Search/Cortana has stopped working since installing Malwarebytes. I have tried most of the solutions I've found in searching the Web and restarting Windows Explorer works for about 2 minutes, and then it just returns to not accepting typing in the search bar. Is there any...
  10. Why doesn't the search work in Windows 10 Mail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why doesn't the search work in Windows 10 Mail?: Search doesn't work??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-the-search-work-in-windows-10-mail/bb30b8fa-2f4f-4d2f-a334-13e1e7c5c72f