Windows 10: Search opens locally avialble txt files that are synced to OneDrive in browser

Discus and support Search opens locally avialble txt files that are synced to OneDrive in browser in Cortana to solve the problem; Steps to reproduce:1. Search for a filename using the search bar in the start menu.2. File will appear with the location set to "OneDrive:\....etc". No... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Patrick_573, Feb 8, 2024.

1. Search opens locally avialble txt files that are synced to OneDrive in browser

Steps to reproduce:1. Search for a filename using the search bar in the start menu.2. File will appear with the location set to "OneDrive:\....etc". No other option appear for the local file3. Opening the file will result in opening a new Edge window with the file, instead of notepad- Note that not all files do this. But the files that do, always do.- Not that the files were created locally on a folder that is synced to OneDrive. The local folder is indexed in Windows search some other files of the same folder opens locally

:)

Patrick_573, Feb 8, 2024

2. Search opens local files in OneDrive folder only in browser

Hi Elias,

To resolve your concern regarding opening local files on OneDrive, follow the steps below:

• Go to
      OneDrive.com.
    • Right click on the file that you want to view.
    • Click on Download.
    • The file will be downloaded, and would normally show up on the bottom part of your browser.
    • Click the file, and it would open up using its normal default application.

Let us know how it goes.

Ruizell Rey, Feb 8, 2024
  3. Search opens local files in OneDrive folder only in browser

Hey Guys, I'm having the same problem. Whenever I use Cortana to search my computer, it only opens files on Onedrive via the browser (all of my files are synced locally as well). This is completely ridiculous and, since the browser version of Office apps
    is, to put it bluntly, terrible, I end up having to manually search for things again and open them in my local version of office. If someone has found a way to prevent this from happening, please let us know. Thanks!

James Heasley, Feb 8, 2024
  4. Search opens locally avialble txt files that are synced to OneDrive in browser

Search opens local files in OneDrive folder only in browser

Hi Roberto,

This is NOT the problem. The system finds my local files, but when I click on the LOCAL file, it opens it in my browser on Onedrive online and not using my LOCAL Office programs. There does not appear to be a way to set Cortana search so that it opens
    Local files locally. This is extremely frustrating and it basically makes the Cortana search useless.

Jim

PS--I did run the troubleshooter and it found no problems.

James Heasley, Feb 8, 2024
Thema:

Search opens locally avialble txt files that are synced to OneDrive in browser

1. Search opens locally avialble txt files that are synced to OneDrive in browser - Similar Threads - Search opens locally

2. Why Windows search opens local files in OneDrive folder only in browser?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Windows search opens local files in OneDrive folder only in browser?: The issue the user is facing is that when opening pdf files from windows search they always open in the browser and not in Adobe Acrobat.If the pdfs are opened from windows explorer they open in the application.If the pdfs are copied to a local folder that is not...
  3. Why Windows search opens local files in OneDrive folder only in browser?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Windows search opens local files in OneDrive folder only in browser?: The issue the user is facing is that when opening pdf files from windows search they always open in the browser and not in Adobe Acrobat.If the pdfs are opened from windows explorer they open in the application.If the pdfs are copied to a local folder that is not...
  4. Search opens locally avialble txt files that are synced to OneDrive in browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search opens locally avialble txt files that are synced to OneDrive in browser: Steps to reproduce:1. Search for a filename using the search bar in the start menu.2. File will appear with the location set to "OneDrive:\....etc". No other option appear for the local file3. Opening the file will result in opening a new Edge window with the file, instead of...
  5. Search opens locally avialble txt files that are synced to OneDrive in browser

Search opens locally avialble txt files that are synced to OneDrive in browser: Steps to reproduce:1. Search for a filename using the search bar in the start menu.2. File will appear with the location set to "OneDrive:\....etc". No other option appear for the local file3. Opening the file will result in opening a new Edge window with the file, instead of...
  6. Cannot open a txt file from Onedrive

Cannot open a txt file from Onedrive: When I try to open it, I get an error that the file is not found but I can open it from my PC.It points to...
  7. Cannot open a txt file from Onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open a txt file from Onedrive: When I try to open it, I get an error that the file is not found but I can open it from my PC.It points to...
  8. Cannot open a txt file from Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. OneDrive local files are not syncing to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive local files are not syncing to OneDrive: Hi, I searched the forum and other websites and could not find a solution. All the files I add to my sync folders are never synced uploaded to onedrive, but the taskbar icon says it is up to date. I try to end the application process, unlink/re-link onedrive,...
  10. Windows search opens oneDrive files in the browser instead locally

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows search opens oneDrive files in the browser instead locally: Files on demand is turned on so I don't why this is still an issue. If I browse the oneDrive folder in Explorer then the files open locally. Windows search shows the following field: Location OneDrive:\<NAME\_OF\_FOLDER> submitted by /u/YasZedOP [link] [comments]...