Windows 10: Search/Popular Now

Discus and support Search/Popular Now in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; HI all, Is there a way to permanently hide "Popular News" that shows up when you click search on the task bar? It seems it comes back after reboot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by awalt, Aug 15, 2015.

1. awalt Win User

Search/Popular Now

HI all,
    Is there a way to permanently hide "Popular News" that shows up when you click search on the task bar? It seems it comes back after reboot (maybe other times too).

Thanks!

:)

awalt, Aug 15, 2015
  2. Andre E. Win User

Search Bar not displaying news feed...

I did a fresh install of Windows 10 on a new hard drive and the search bar used to display "Trending Now" popular news items - provided by bing.com - when I clicked on the search bar. With the latest Win10 Pro 15.11 update this feature has either been turned
    off or disabled. There used to be three dots in the upper right hand corner of search for the popular news feed settings and this is even gone now.

Now the search is just an ugly blank white page which only states, "Search for: Apps, Settings, Files, Web". I liked the popular news items as opposed to this white page. Is it even possible to get the popular news feed back into the search bar? If so, how
    can it be done?

Andre E., Aug 15, 2015
  3. dglenn43 Win User
    After installing windows 10 my printer won't WORK

I typed "Troubleshooting" in the search bar. Where is the "View all" in the top left corner? Icons I have are Search, Popular now, Settings and Provide feedback.

dglenn43, Aug 15, 2015
  4. sn00ker Win User

Search/Popular Now

Hi ... Yes you can turn it off in the setting section within ( top left side ) select >>> Search online and include web results ,,, on or off ... you want off

sn00ker, Aug 16, 2015
  5. awalt Win User
    Thanks - never would have thought of that being linked to the popular news. Hopefully no one wants to contain searches to just their computer yet wants to see Popular News as it would seem that can't be done, but your suggestion fixes what I need. Thank you!

awalt, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Search/Popular Now

1. Search/Popular Now - Similar Threads - Search Popular

2. File Explorer: how can i search for a file by two nonconsecutive words

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer: how can i search for a file by two nonconsecutive words: I am trying to locate files in my "Users" folder that have two specific words in them. Here is what I mean:Any type of file.Title of file that has "payment" and "register" in it.These two words may or may not be consecutive in the file name.For example:2023 June register of...
  3. File Explorer: how can i search for a file by two nonconsecutive words

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer: how can i search for a file by two nonconsecutive words: I am trying to locate files in my "Users" folder that have two specific words in them. Here is what I mean:Any type of file.Title of file that has "payment" and "register" in it.These two words may or may not be consecutive in the file name.For example:2023 June register of...
  4. File Explorer: how can i search for a file by two nonconsecutive words

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. .NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing: Hi, I bought myself a Lenovo Legion a couple months ago and one of the few games I've wanted to play, like Fallout 3, requires the .NET Framework 3.5 Download. Every time I try to download it it would be stuck on "searching for required files" for over an hour or barely make...
  6. .NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing

.NET Framework 3.5 Issue: Searching For Required Files & Freezing: Hi, I bought myself a Lenovo Legion a couple months ago and one of the few games I've wanted to play, like Fallout 3, requires the .NET Framework 3.5 Download. Every time I try to download it it would be stuck on "searching for required files" for over an hour or barely make...
  7. I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...: I'm trying to do this because my settings app continuously crash when I try to open it, and opening it through the search bar don't work neither, I was told to try the DSIM cleaning method, but I need admin/elevated commands to do so, which again I can't get it without the...
  8. I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...: I'm trying to do this because my settings app continuously crash when I try to open it, and opening it through the search bar don't work neither, I was told to try the DSIM cleaning method, but I need admin/elevated commands to do so, which again I can't get it without the...
  9. Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...: Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have set as default? I have also tried setting the links to the alternative browser but still, it opens Edge browser....
  10. I can't open my search bar, and because of that I can't run as administrator on command...