Windows 10: Search Problems on all browsers

Discus and support Search Problems on all browsers in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My Daughter has encountered a problem - whenever she wishes to visit a site (she uses google / opera / bing) she meets with the following message - "We... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Skofab, May 17, 2017.

1. Skofab Win User

Search Problems on all browsers

My Daughter has encountered a problem - whenever she wishes to visit a site (she uses google / opera / bing) she meets with the following message - "We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us."?

I said I would put this on the W10 forum and ask for any pointers to overcome this issue. Any help would be much appreciated.
    I hope this has been placed in the right thread section - apologies if this is not the case.
    Thank you all in advance

C

:)

Skofab, May 17, 2017

2. All browsers slow (except Edge) on first search.

Could be Windows or the browsers are not optimized. Do you have the latest versions installed? Have you tried uninstall then reinstall Firefox/Chrome?

Open Start > Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot

Scroll down

Click Network adapters

Click Run the Troubleshooter

When complete, restart to see if the problem is resolved.

If not, press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Network adapters

Right click your adapter

Click Uninstall

Exit Device Manager, restart. Windows 10 should detect the network adapter then reinstall it. Check if you can connect and browse.

Andre Da Costa, May 17, 2017
  3. All browsers slow (except Edge) on first search.

Both Chrome & Firefox are very slow on first search when I'm connected to my home Wi-Fi. But Edge connects seamlessly. This problem only occurs when I'm connected to my home Wi-Fi (for other Wi-Fi's no problem is there). After the first search, both Chrome
    and Firefox works smoothly like there is no problem. Is it my home Wi-Fi error or it has something to do with my Windows or some malicious software.

Thanks Search Problems on all browsers :)

UmairHusain, May 17, 2017
  4. Search Problems on all browsers

Wiley Coyote, May 17, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    This is down to the specific website being searched for. Google's text is more informative than Bing's...

...and their 'Learn more' link even more so.

6. Skofab Win User
    Bump !
    would appreciate some further comments (of a more simplified nature)
    To clarify, my daughter is not referring to her own website (she does not have one) - this is her attempt to visit any normal site using bing / opera/google when the following message appears
    "We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us."?
    Thanks in advance.

Skofab, May 23, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    The webmasters of those sites don't want any search engines crawling their sites. They have used Robots.txt to block them. You can't explain it any simpler than that.

8. Skofab Win User

I appreciate what you are saying Bree, and thanks for your time etc.

The mystery to me is why suddenly is this message being received? The sites that she visits are everyday ones.
    I will try to get a small selection of visited sites - try them for my self on my several Pc's, and let the forum know the outcome.

Skofab, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Search Problems on all browsers - Similar Threads - Search Problems browsers

2. Browser search

in Cortana
    Browser search: Hi all, My question is: after updating my PC, My browser search is different, and I can't seem to find a way to change it to default. Please refer to the picture below.After updating: my search will pop with this page refer to picture 1Instead of this regular page: refer to...
  3. Browser search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browser search: Hi all, My question is: after updating my PC, My browser search is different, and I can't seem to find a way to change it to default. Please refer to the picture below.After updating: my search will pop with this page refer to picture 1Instead of this regular page: refer to...
  4. Browser search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Edge browser - All searches fail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge browser - All searches fail: Windows 10 - Edge browser: ALL searches from the address bar fail with the following message:The connection for this site is not securesearchesmia.com sent an invalid response. Problem has just started on my desktop but works fine for my laptop. In looking for differences...
  6. Edge browser - All searches fail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge browser - All searches fail: Windows 10 - Edge browser: ALL searches from the address bar fail with the following message:The connection for this site is not securesearchesmia.com sent an invalid response. Problem has just started on my desktop but works fine for my laptop. In looking for differences...
  7. Edge browser - All searches fail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. browser and search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    browser and search: running google and crome instead of edge and Microsoft on my laptop thats running windows 10pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/browser-and-search/fbc2f02a-d367-4f2a-8c0c-b53ed9d1b62f
  9. Problem with all web browsers

Problem with all web browsers: All of the controls and shortcut bar keep disappearing from all browsers. Chrome, Firefox and Edge. I have to reboot to get them back. This is happening 2 - 3 times a day and is getting annoying. The example below is using Edge. [ATTACH]...
  10. Problem with all browser activities

Problem with all browser activities: Dear friends, I have a problem with a specific public open hotspot so, as a first thing, I do not have access to the router settings. The fact is that all non-browser activities (i.e. Skype) are decent, I must say sometimes even quick and reliable. But all browser...