Windows 10: Search results not including settings, eg Windows update

Discus and support Search results not including settings, eg Windows update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I press the Windows key and type "update", "Windows update" isn't returned in the results list. It was working a few days ago. I might have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Aure, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Aure Win User

Search results not including settings, eg Windows update

When I press the Windows key and type "update", "Windows update" isn't returned in the results list.
    It was working a few days ago.
    I might have tweaked indexing options (but the indexer is still active) but there is no button to return this to default (it may not be related though).
    I have rebuilt the index just to be sure.

Any suggestions?
    thanks

:)

Aure, Aug 1, 2015
  2. sgstandre Win User

Cortana doesn't find partial words. Search for "Stopwatch" does not find "MyStopwatch"

Dear Prabhavanthi,

Can you even replicate what you wrote? There is no setting as you describe...

When I click on the ring in the Cortana search box, then Settings I get this:
    Search results not including settings, eg Windows update [​IMG]

Search results not including settings, eg Windows update [​IMG]

There is nothing here called "Search Online and Include Web Results."...

On page Cortana und Datenschutz – Microsoft Datenschutz a Microsoft guru writes:

"

The Search online and include web results setting is turned on by default. To help you find the content you want more quickly, Search automatically suggests search terms as you type. These suggestions are provided by Bing, and can come from
    apps, settings, or files on your device, as well as from OneDrive and the Internet. When the
    Search online and include web results setting is on, Windows sends what you type or say to the Bing service, which interprets it in real-time to provide auto-suggestions.

To turn the Search online and include web results setting off, go to
    Search > Settings, and then, under Search, turn the
    Search online and include web results setting off. "

Ha ha, again, there is no Search item in Control Panel that contains such settings. This advice is unreal!

I am not the only one struggling with this, apparently the only solutions on the web, involve registry tinkering and group policy editing. Eg.

How to disable Bing web results in Windows 10's search

And why is Cortana's web search always much faster and first out of the gate than searching my own PC? And, still, why doesn't it find "MyStopwatch" when I type "Stopwatch". And how DO I disable the web search???

And why does it stop searching when I click on another window? Is Cortana THAT self-important that I MUST sit there and wait for its results? Why can't it just open a new window and take its time, like the old search. And even two windows: one for my PC
    and one for Web results. And how about Cortana having some own intelligence, like when I type "Cortana settings, please" I really don't want to be taken to a dumb Bing Search. You can imagine what useful advice that will find...

sgstandre, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Spyder_s Win User
    Windows 10 cannot click on search results

When I search in Cortana, it comes back with search results, however I often cannot click on the results.

Example - if I type "updates" into the search box, I get several results including "Check for Updates", "Windows Update Settings", etc

But none of these results are clickable.

If I type in "Control Panel", the Control Panel result
    is clickable

I've run SFC /scannow in an administrator command prompt, and it did not find any issues.

Any ideas?

Spyder_s, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Search results not including settings, eg Windows update

1. Search results not including settings, eg Windows update - Similar Threads - Search results including

2. Search result in Settings problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search result in Settings problem.: So, the search result in Settings is not showed in my main profile, But the other profile, The search result in Settings is showed as you can see in the image. Can anyone help me?...
  3. Search result in Settings problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search result in Settings problem.: So, the search result in Settings is not showed in my main profile, But the other profile, The search result in Settings is showed as you can see in the image. Can anyone help me?...
  4. How to include OneNote for Desktop text in the Win10 search results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to include OneNote for Desktop text in the Win10 search results: Hello,Is it possible to have content in my OneNote files show up as results when using the Win10 search feature? I do find the content when inside OneNote and use the "Find" feature.Regards George...
  5. How to include OneNote for windows 10 search results within Windows Search

in Cortana
    How to include OneNote for windows 10 search results within Windows Search: How can I configure the windows search index so it will find match results within the OneNote for windows notebooks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-include-onenote-for-windows-10-search/7b031e40-90a5-4d57-95c8-1faf772b9964
  6. Email aliases now included in Gmail search results

in Windows 10 News
    Email aliases now included in Gmail search results: What’s changing When you search for an email address in Gmail, we'll now show all emails associated with that specific address and any aliases it's part of. These results will be pulled from the to, from, cc, and bcc fields, or anywhere in the email....
  7. Windows 10 Settings Search No Results

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Settings Search No Results: When i try to search something in Windows 10's Settings at that search box nothing shows up, no results. Any solutions? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-settings-search-no-results/e1cdce7a-1131-48e8-ab53-d7bc2f2e0d32
  8. Web search results not included in search bar

in Cortana
    Web search results not included in search bar: To whom it may concern, I updated from Windows 10 Home 1803 to 1903 yesterday June 19th 2019. Everything seemed fine after that until I discovered that the web searches are no longer included in my searches from the search bar. It only displays local content from my docs,...
  9. Are Outlook 2010 items included in search results?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Are Outlook 2010 items included in search results?: Whenever I performed a "Search programs and files" in Windows 7, the results included items from my Outlook 2010 data (e.g. contacts, messages, tasks). However, those items don't turn up in the Windows 10 search results, even though my Outlook PST files are listed in the...
  10. Turn On or Off Search online and include web results in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Search online and include web results in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Search online and include web results in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Search online and include web results in Windows 10 This tutorial appears to no longer work starting with at least Windows 10 build 18985. You can type what you're...