Windows 10: Search Results Not Ready Yet

Discus and support Search Results Not Ready Yet in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever I search for any setting using inside the settings window in Windows 10, it comes up with an instant result of "search results aren't quite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tuser, Apr 11, 2016.

1. tuser Win User

Search Results Not Ready Yet

Whenever I search for any setting using inside the settings window in Windows 10, it comes up with an instant result of "search results aren't quite ready yet, but we're working on getting them together. Try back in a few minutes."

It stays like this through a computer restart. I've tried clearing and refreshing my indexes, including changing storage location of them.

Is there anything else which could be causing this?

:)

tuser, Apr 11, 2016
  2. jerriy Win User

"Search results aren't quite ready yet"

Yes I already solved the problem when I started a new login and just before
    that
    new login went into effect it auto-updated to something I didn't recognize before when I had made my original login after taking the computer out of the box.

Then I went back to the old login/username and that suddenly asked for an auto update and (turned out to be this fall creators update thing) so now everything seems to work and all of a sudden I have no store app download error and the in-app search function
    no longer gives blank result with only the title of this thread but the items corresponding to what typed in the seachbox.

Retracing my steps and the timeline back - what seems to have happened is that this new laptop came out of the box and I turned it on and started to auto update but it initially updated not the the latest Window 10 (fall creators update version) but to the
    latest Anniversary version.

If only I had bought this pc one week early (or if Microsoft had updated me to Fall Creators straight out of the box)... this mess would have been avoided

Looking on the internet the Fall Creaters update seems to have been rolled out on 17 October - literally a few days before my purchase.

jerriy, Apr 11, 2016
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    "Search results aren't quite ready yet"

Hi,

The error Search results aren’t quite ready yet, but we’re working on getting them together. Try again in a few minutes
    could be caused by the following:

• When the default language pack of the computer is changed, incompatibility may start with the operating system and the search result. Additionally, the language of the keyboard and the operating system are different.
    • The timezone and region of your computer should match accordingly from where you are.

If you were able to address the following causes, it should correct the error from the search results. Another way, you may run the Search and indexing troubleshooter to diagnose and correct any incorrect settings. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Cortana search
      bar, then press Enter. A new window will appear.
    • Click View All at the left side pane of the window.
    • Click Search and Indexing, then click
      Advanced.
    • Make sure to check the Apply repairs automatically
      and follow the on-screen instructions.

Feel free to post back if you need more assistance and we'd like to ask for a screenshot of the exact error message for us to have a better view.

Erika Aro, Apr 11, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, have you changed the display language recently? If so, could you please specify what you've changed?

The problem is usually related to this. Once you have a compatible set of settings (not just one) it will work again.

There are many thread on this topic.. just search the forum for
    Search results aren't quite ready
    e.g.
    Solved cortana / search not working properly - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Apr 11, 2016
Thema:

1. Search Results Not Ready Yet - Similar Threads - Search Results Ready

2. Is windows 11 ready yet?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is windows 11 ready yet?: I am building a brand new pc and I purchased windows 11 for my OS. I installed windows fine but then windows crashed. After the crash windows never finishes booting. There are no backups to recover to. I tried to reinstall windows but the storage drive isn’t visible. On my...
  3. "Japanese IME is not ready yet"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Japanese IME is not ready yet": Yes I know that this question has been answered already and I've tried things that other people have told me like: 1.- Uninstall the Japanese language from Settings2.- Run PowerShell as administrator, and enter your admin username and password if prompted.3.- Check what...
  4. Japanese IME is not ready yet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese IME is not ready yet: I've downloaded the Japanese pack in the preferred language, but I can't use the Japanese characters on the keyboard. I've seen some suggestions and have tried some suggestions such as removing the japanese pack, checking it in Windows PowerShell, it says there too installed...
  5. Japanese IME is not ready yet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Japanese IME is not ready yet: I've downloaded the Japanese pack in the preferred language, but I can't use the Japanese characters on the keyboard. I've seen some suggestions and have tried some suggestions such as removing the japanese pack, checking it in Windows PowerShell, it says there too installed...
  6. "Japanese IME is not ready yet"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Japanese IME is not ready yet": Hi there.Recently I have been trying to download the Japanese pack on my computer since I'm learning Japanese. I downloaded the pack, but every time I'm trying to switch from the English keyboard on the Japanese pack to Japanese, I'm getting an error saying "Japanese IME is...
  7. "Japanese IME is not ready yet"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Japanese IME is not ready yet": Hi there.Recently I have been trying to download the Japanese pack on my computer since I'm learning Japanese. I downloaded the pack, but every time I'm trying to switch from the English keyboard on the Japanese pack to Japanese, I'm getting an error saying "Japanese IME is...
  8. Tamil IME is not ready yet!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tamil IME is not ready yet!: I could not able to solve this issue since from the windows 10 updated.Could you please help to solve this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tamil-ime-is-not-ready-yet/e909a7ba-b83c-40f4-8e1a-684810f2b033
  9. Japanese IME is not ready yet.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Japanese IME is not ready yet.: Since updated Windows 10, Japanese input became unavailable. When I try to switch to Japanese, a message "Japanese IME is not ready yet." shows up. And as checked Japanese language pack, all language packs except English are empty. When I try to download each items, Basic...
  10. Settings: "Search results aren't quite ready yet" (UK - US ok)

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings: "Search results aren't quite ready yet" (UK - US ok): Hi, if my language settings are USA, then search in Settings works. But if I change the display language to British English, I get the well-known "Search results aren't quite ready yet, but we're working on getting them together". Cortana search works (although I may be...