Windows 10: Search results of settings and control panel are in different language

Discus and support Search results of settings and control panel are in different language in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm from Belgium, so my Windows 10 is in Dutch. To try something, I changed the display langugae to English. Everything was English, no problem. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mason, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Mason Win User

Search results of settings and control panel are in different language

I'm from Belgium, so my Windows 10 is in Dutch.
    To try something, I changed the display langugae to English. Everything was English, no problem. But when I changed it back to Dutch, everything changed back to Dutch except the search results of settings and control panel.
    Here's a screenshot, as you can see, everything except the search results from settings are displayed in Dutch. The results from settings and control panel are still English...
    How do I fix this? I've tried rebuilding the index, removing Windows.edb and even edit the registry.
    Thank you in advance.

:)

Mason, Dec 14, 2016

2. Search results (for Settings) in different language

Hey.

I was facing an MUI issue in Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB (Version 1607, Build 14393.2007) after installing the german language pack.

The issue seems to apear (after googling) also on other editions of windows but mainly on 1607.

After installing i have set up the default language for Current User, New Users & Login Screen to the new de-DE language pack.

The UI language changed correctly.

The issue is that the Search results was still english than!

Example: Searching for "probl" (first chars for german word Problembehandlung) find english results:

Search results of settings and control panel are in different language [​IMG]

Have Tried many sugestions from other Thread like: Search results in different language

This was:

• manual Rebuild the search index -> issue not solved
    • scf /scannow, DISM -> all with no errors -> issue not solved
    • De-/Reinstalling the de-DE language pack -> issue not solved
    • Change Language, Region settings back and forth -> issue not solved
    • ...and many other things...
    Nothing solved the issue until i became an tip of my OEM partner, that this is a known issue and there is a workaround which FINALLY solved the issue for me. Here is the info:

Workaround:

• Run “mcbuilder” from an admin command prompt, give it about a minute or so, then restart explorer. Give it another 2-3 minutes.
      • Navigate to %localappdata%\Packages\windows.immersivecontrolpanel_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState and verify it is not empty.
      • Navigate to %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\DeviceSearchCache\ has SettingsCache.txt that is not empty.
      • Try searching for settings from settings app and cortana.

Lösung von Microsoft:

Summary:

The initial issue happens because a scheduled task called LPRemove gets falsely executed once an additional MUI gets installed. Thus removes accidently also

important resources for Search to function correctly. Once this task has completed unfortunately there is no other option than to rebuild the MUI components by

using MCBuilder. The false setting for that task came due to an error in the Language Pack Setup executable manifest which created the same.

Resolution:

This issue does not happen with all versions greater than Windows 10 LTSB 2016. To prevent the task on LTSB 2016 there is an easy way in editing the LPRemove

task configuration.

• Navigate to “C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\MUI” and open the Security Properties of LPRemove file to take admin ownership.
    • Edit the following part of that file with example Notepad
    <MaintenanceSettings>

<Period>P3D</Period>

<Deadline>P4D</Deadline>

<Exclusive>true</Exclusive> ::: this needs to be set to
    false

• Save the file.
    • Change the Security back to System ownership.

These steps should prevent that this task damages new MUI pack installation and also there will be no more need to run MCBuilder.

The Solution didnt solved the issue but the Workaround FINALLY does!

Hope this helps others facing this issue

Tobais

TobiasDiendorfer, Dec 14, 2016
  3. tsbski Win User
    HELP! missing language bar

For me it turns out that the IME for my alternate language was unselected.

search control panel in the start menu.

then

control panel>clock, language, region>language

and my second language said "input method unselected."

Went in and selected an input method and my language bar is back!

if that doesn't work, maybe try

control panel>clock, language, region>language>advanced settings

and check the "use the desktop language bar when it's available" option.

there's also an "options" menu for the language bar with more settings to mess around with.

It took me a while to realize that the "settings" menu and "control panel" are different, even though they have some of the same options. The control panel seems to have more detailed options. Stupid design if you ask me.

tsbski, Dec 14, 2016
  4. Asuza Win User

Hello Mason,

Could you have a look at this thread and make sure everything is in Dutch (Nederlands) ?

Asuza, Dec 15, 2016
  5. Mason Win User
    Yes, everything is Dutch (Belgium)

Mason, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Search results of settings and control panel are in different language - Similar Threads - Search results settings

2. Language is missing in control panel.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Language is missing in control panel.: I want to try the dvorak keyboard layout and I think language in control panel is the only way. submitted by /u/Panical382 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kac2qs/language_is_missing_in_control_panel/
  3. No settings and control panel appearing in windows search

No settings and control panel appearing in windows search: I recently upgraded from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro. Before upgrading, all things are working fine. Here's the link of the problem: https://imgur.com/m78uGHL submitted by /u/nesteazxc [link] [comments]...
  4. Can't search Settings and control panel on windows search

in Cortana
    Can't search Settings and control panel on windows search: I recently upgraded from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro and after that I cant search settings and control panel components under windows search....
  5. Properties in Control Panel in a different language.

Properties in Control Panel in a different language.: [ATTACH] I changed to English but my Properties in Control Panel didn't change to English. I tried to create a restore point and then deleting all of my old language files didn't work. All properties are still in my old language :/ (Even tried to uninstall Language...
  6. Difference between settings & control panel?

in Windows 10 Support
    Difference between settings & control panel?: I'm new the the Windows 10 Forums, and actually very new to the Windows 10 operating system (coming from using Apple products). I find it a bit confusing that there seems to be sometimes two places for some settings, for instance I see two different areas for...
  7. Search Results Panel shows results in a broken layout

in Cortana
    Search Results Panel shows results in a broken layout: Hi, Since few days ago Search Results Panel shows results in a broken layout. Other user profiles on the same PC do not suffer. Does anyone know where it keeps (file / registry location?) its settings in order to reset them? I am using Windows 10 1903. Thx. [ATTACH]...
  8. no language setting in control panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    no language setting in control panel: [ATTACH]no language setting in control panel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-language-setting-in-control-panel/7747d59d-3536-4785-b09b-70d0a9939941
  9. Control Panel Language Settings Disappeared - Cannot set different input methods for...

Control Panel Language Settings Disappeared - Cannot set different input methods for...: I just reset my Surface Pro 4, and sadly found out the April 2018 updates killed the language settings in control panel. I know this below topic gives an option to use PowerShell to modify language list, but it is not something I needed....
  10. Language in control panel is missing

Language in control panel is missing: [ATTACH] Since I updated windows 10 couple months ago, language in control panel is disappeared. does anyone know how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-in-control-panel-is-missing/c6880f66-9af3-41d1-b9ca-c3866ce38923

Users found this page by searching for:

1. devicesearchcache settingscache.txt empty