Windows 10: Search the web and Windows bar

Discus and support Search the web and Windows bar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Windows 10 just did an update and now there is this little search bar in the corner, and I don't want there as it uses Internet Explorer and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Elstar27, May 26, 2016.

1. Elstar27 Win User

Search the web and Windows bar

Hello,

Windows 10 just did an update and now there is this little search bar in the corner, and I don't want there as it uses Internet Explorer and will never use it. How do I get rid, I've right clicked and unticked all the ticked things but it won't go away.

Also was apps and things should I not delete from my laptop? I ask this as I was trying to get rid of things I didn't use and accidentally got rid of everything, there was just a blue screen and a mouse left, it wasn't bsod though.

Thank you.

Ellie

:)

Elstar27, May 26, 2016

2. Search the web and Windows Bar

Verify for a stable internet connection.

Run SFC scan and also a DISM scan to restore health.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

in-finite-CCO, May 26, 2016
  3. Search the web and Windows Bar

When I open the search the web and windows box on the lower left corner of the W10 task bar, it goes to the Bing news page after opening which is normal. When I begin to type in the window to do a search, the Bing page goes black and I cannot enter any
    search criteria. What gives with this. I have Cortana turned off because I really don't care for it.

EdBurke 928, May 26, 2016
Thema:

Search the web and Windows bar

1. Search the web and Windows bar - Similar Threads - Search web bar

2. Web search are not showing in the task Bar Search windows 10

in Cortana
    Web search are not showing in the task Bar Search windows 10: Primarily in the beginning when i type anything other than the existing files i.e non existing file. It used to give me bing suggestions and then would redirect me to the edge website when clicked on the web suggestion. But now the web suggestions are not shown. How to...
  3. Web search are not showing in the task Bar Search windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web search are not showing in the task Bar Search windows 10: Primarily in the beginning when i type anything other than the existing files i.e non existing file. It used to give me bing suggestions and then would redirect me to the edge website when clicked on the web suggestion. But now the web suggestions are not shown. How to...
  4. Windows Search bar web results not working

in Cortana
    Windows Search bar web results not working: I have been using the Windows Search bar's web results. But, for a few months, it isn't working. I have two Microsoft accounts in my PC, in the other, the search works like a charm, fetching web results. I haven't done any registry tweaks, why would I? I love the web...
  5. Windows 10 Search bar not connecting to the web

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search bar not connecting to the web: The windows 10 search bar used to search my computer contents as well as the web. Now it will only search for what is in my computer, not the web. Has anyone else experienced this. Windows version 1903 is installed and operating fine otherwise. Cortona is working okay....
  6. Web search gone from windows search bar!

in Cortana
    Web search gone from windows search bar!: I loved web search and used it everyday and now it is somehow gone and I do not know why that is! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-search-gone-from-windows-search-bar/2f7e62a3-c9c3-4e40-9bd3-347f58f01e61
  7. Windows 10 Search Bar Web Search returns no results

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Bar Web Search returns no results: My Surface can no longer search the web from the search bar. It still works perfectly fine for local file search, but it will not search the web....
  8. Search the web task bar removal

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search the web task bar removal: I am trying to get rid of the search the web toolbar at the top of my screen, nothing that is on the web about this works for me. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-the-web-task-bar-removal/9d2a2fec-756b-46a9-838e-8c16c3134783
  9. Web search results not included in search bar

in Cortana
    Web search results not included in search bar: To whom it may concern, I updated from Windows 10 Home 1803 to 1903 yesterday June 19th 2019. Everything seemed fine after that until I discovered that the web searches are no longer included in my searches from the search bar. It only displays local content from my docs,...
  10. Unable to Type in Search the Web and Windows Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Type in Search the Web and Windows Bar: I've just upgraded my laptop to Win10 (did my desktop several months ago). The laptop is unable to take input to the Search the web and Windows task bar. I've searched the web, but all I've found was references to killing and restarting Search from the task manager, but there...