Windows 10: SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS Is Not Working

Discus and support SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS Is Not Working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am unable to use the SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS function in Windows 10. When I click on its icon on the task bar, the hour glass circle flashes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Philip1749, Sep 9, 2015.

1. SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS Is Not Working

I am unable to use the SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS function in Windows 10. When I click on its icon on the task bar, the hour glass circle flashes momentarily and immediately goes off. What needs to be enabled in MS CONFIG for this function to work? I have enabled every item in MS CONFIG, and still the problem persists. Also, could there be a driver problem involved?

:)

Philip1749, Sep 9, 2015

2. Search The web And Windows Is Not Working

What' to lose by trying it?

Cbarnhorst, Sep 9, 2015
  3. Search The web And Windows Is Not Working

I'm not sure if the reinstall will solve the problem. On my laptop the search goes in and out in working. Like right now it isn't working, but later it will magically start working again.

Is there any dependency that the Search Web and Computer depends on that I can check. I haven't logged when it works and when it doesn't work. Right now I'm in a Starbucks using the free WiFi and that might have something to do with it, although at other
    times it will work in a Starbucks.

Well looking into it further it looks like Cortana is the culprit. It appears to get into a funk and doesn't want to do what it is supposed to do. Going into Task Manager and killing the task causes Cortana to restart and start to work again.

In looking at ProcessMonitor when Cortana is in this state I see these errors related to Cortana. Not sure if the missing registry values is what is causing the issues. My laptop did run out of battery hibernated and then I turned it back on. Maybe the registry
    files are getting cleaned out there causing Cortana to forget what should be doing. At least now I have a work around instead of getting frustrated not being able to find the Remove Programs dialog box from the long list of apps that are hard to search through.

High Resolution Date & Time: 10/5/2015 12:26:07.3768235 PM

Event Class: Registry

Operation: RegOpenKey

Result: NAME NOT FOUND

Path: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SettingSync\SyncData\RemoteNamespace\PackageState\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy-0

TID: 5792

Duration: 0.0000077

Desired Access: Query Value

High Resolution Date & Time: 10/5/2015 12:26:07.3624498 PM

Path: HKCR\PackageState-Microsoft.Windows.Cortana

Duration: 0.0000044

Desired Access: Maximum Allowed

High Resolution Date & Time: 10/5/2015 12:26:07.3624336 PM

Path: HKCU\Software\Classes\PackageState-Microsoft.Windows.Cortana

Duration: 0.0000037

Desired Access: Maximum Allowed

FredBobChris, Sep 9, 2015
  4. izzzey Win User

SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS Is Not Working

hey Philip you should use the free version of lookeen like I do . Its faster than the built in and completely easy to run *Smile

izzzey, Oct 20, 2015
Thema:

SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS Is Not Working

1. SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS Is Not Working - Similar Threads - SEARCH WEB Working

2. Web Search Preview is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web Search Preview is not working.: Recently I have been facing an issue where I cannot see the preview of any web search. Whenever I wish to do a quick search, I am unable to do it. This has been happening since the recent update. I have already tried the troubleshoot method but it says that no problems were...
  3. Web Search Preview is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web Search Preview is not working.: Recently I have been facing an issue where I cannot see the preview of any web search. Whenever I wish to do a quick search, I am unable to do it. This has been happening since the recent update. I have already tried the troubleshoot method but it says that no problems were...
  4. Web search not working.

in Cortana
    Web search not working.: Web searching is not working. I have tried indexing, rebuilding, restarting services and cortana. This was triggered by a debloat. I am not just going to 'use Google' because I like convenience sake....
  5. Web search not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web search not working.: Web searching is not working. I have tried indexing, rebuilding, restarting services and cortana. This was triggered by a debloat. I am not just going to 'use Google' because I like convenience sake....
  6. Web search not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Web search in Windows search isn't working!

in Cortana
    Web search in Windows search isn't working!: When i search in windows ,prior i got web searches as suggestions , Well now i don't get any suggestions from the web. Can you please help me get through this....
  8. Web Search in Windows search not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Web Search in Windows search not working: Is anyone having an issue with windows search? Normally when i want to web search something, I type it into windows search and web search it, but for some reason that isn't working for me anymore. Its like Web search in Windows search is just gone now....
  9. Search The Web And Windows Function Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Search The Web And Windows Function Not Working: I cannot enable the SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS function on Windows 10. When I click on it, the hourglass icon flickers on and immediately disappears. Has anyone else experienced this problem? 22417
  10. Search the web and Windows not working correctly.

in Windows 10 Support
    Search the web and Windows not working correctly.: Computer: HP Elite 8000 C2D E8400 Win 10 64 Bit 4GB RAM Windows 10 upgrade from Win7 installed. Have installed Office 10 and Chrome. Microsoft edge default browser. Problem: When I click the "Search the web and Windows " box I get "We can't connect to web search right...