Windows 10: Search the web and windows

Discus and support Search the web and windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since yesterday i had popular news(bing) when i enter search but now that is gone and when i enter search it looks like this: [img] Any idea how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by legadema, Feb 21, 2016.

1. legadema Win User

Search the web and windows

Since yesterday i had popular news(bing) when i enter search but now that is gone and when i enter search it looks like this:
    Search the web and windows [​IMG]

Any idea how to get back news on that search screen?
    P.S i didn't disable any related settings...

:)

legadema, Feb 21, 2016
  2. Brian61 Win User

"Search the web and Windows" does not search for what I entered

I searched for 'thunderbolt 3' and this feature decided to search for 'thunderbolt interface'. Why did that happen? That;'s a very basic search and it got what I wanted to search for 50% wrong.

Brian61, Feb 21, 2016
  3. Brian61 Win User
    "Search the web and Windows" does not search for what I entered

Troubleshooting did not help. Apparently the search 'feature' attempts to 'interpret' what I might mean by my query and then searches for that 'misguided interpretation' instead. Does anyone know google has a replacement for this widget?

Brian61, Feb 21, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Feb 21, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    You said " since yesterday..............", please do a system restore. Pick a date that is at least 3 days ago as your restore point.

System Restore Windows 10

davidhk, Feb 21, 2016
  6. legadema Win User
    Yes cortana is disabled but it was disabled from the moment i install windows 10 ,but i was able to see popular news in search box...
    I will do system restore ,just to ask does this can be the problem with bing because i get message : It's not you, it's us ,when i am trying to open web search history settings?

Edit: I mean i disable cortana after i install windows 10

legadema, Feb 21, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    I can't answer your last question because I do not use Bing. If I need to search the web, I open IE11.
    And I never have the message you received.
    Sorry.

davidhk, Feb 21, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Please post back the result after system restore is completed.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Feb 21, 2016
  9. legadema Win User
    I can not restore because i do not have any restore points beside the one that i made manually half hour ago...
    My system protection was on

Anyways i was able to see popular news like this :

legadema, Feb 21, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Feb 21, 2016
  11. legadema Win User
    Right now i am out of space ,all of my 3 hard partitions have less than 5 GB and my four 2TB external drives share the same fate *Biggrin so this is not the option for me right now but i will try it when i find some space *Smile

legadema, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Search the web and windows - Similar Threads - Search web

2. Web Search Preview is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web Search Preview is not working.: Recently I have been facing an issue where I cannot see the preview of any web search. Whenever I wish to do a quick search, I am unable to do it. This has been happening since the recent update. I have already tried the troubleshoot method but it says that no problems were...
  3. Web Search Preview is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web Search Preview is not working.: Recently I have been facing an issue where I cannot see the preview of any web search. Whenever I wish to do a quick search, I am unable to do it. This has been happening since the recent update. I have already tried the troubleshoot method but it says that no problems were...
  4. How to enable web result search in Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 2021

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable web result search in Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 2021: Hi everyone, who read this post. I had a problem about search the result web. I'm trying to search web and it cannot return any result and notice message like the picture below. Can somebody help this problem? Both: not start word by "web:" or not is still same as problem...
  5. How to enable web result search in Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 2021

How to enable web result search in Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 2021: Hi everyone, who read this post. I had a problem about search the result web. I'm trying to search web and it cannot return any result and notice message like the picture below. Can somebody help this problem? Both: not start word by "web:" or not is still same as problem...
  6. How to enable web result search in Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 2021

in Cortana
  7. My windows search will searh web instead of Application in My Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows search will searh web instead of Application in My Computer: When I press Windows key and then type an Application name e.g. Excel or Notepad as I want to open it, Windows show web search result instead. I tried to click App filter, still same happened.What's happening?...
  8. My windows search will searh web instead of Application in My Computer

My windows search will searh web instead of Application in My Computer: When I press Windows key and then type an Application name e.g. Excel or Notepad as I want to open it, Windows show web search result instead. I tried to click App filter, still same happened.What's happening?...
  9. "ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED" in every web search and every browser.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED" in every web search and every browser.: I cannot perform any web search nor in chrome or bing. I always get "ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED". I'm able to navigate and perform multiple tasks, but i cannot search. I've restore defeault internet setting, re-installed the network adapter driver, renew ip, flushed dns, etc etc....
  10. "ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED" in every web search and every browser.

"ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED" in every web search and every browser.: I cannot perform any web search nor in chrome or bing. I always get "ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED". I'm able to navigate and perform multiple tasks, but i cannot search. I've restore defeault internet setting, re-installed the network adapter driver, renew ip, flushed dns, etc etc....