Windows 10: search view not remembered

Discus and support search view not remembered in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I've read a lot on this, but I don't find the solution. All my folder are set to "List" view. But when I search, the view is not list. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by trogne, Sep 25, 2016.

1. trogne Win User

search view not remembered

Hi,

I've read a lot on this, but I don't find the solution.

All my folder are set to "List" view.

But when I search, the view is not list. I change it to list each time, but it only applies to current folder.

How can I set "List" view for every search in every folders ? ("Apply to all" is greyed out when into search results)

:)

trogne, Sep 25, 2016

2. you tube

search for tcpmp player and you should be able to view youtube. remember to make tcpmp the default media player.

Linley Meslier, Sep 25, 2016
  3. Where is Windows 10 "Remember each folder's view settings"?

Yes! Finally! Not only did it fix the folder view issue, more importantly, Windows Explorer now saves folder search results view settings. That was actually the biggest irritant for me.

Now, when I set a folder's view settings, they remain. When I now enter settings for search results viewing, Windows remembers those.

Thank you so much.

LeonardoDV, Sep 25, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, this is relatively inflexible.

I would suggest you try Locate32 - this (along with Everything by Void Tools, and Ultrasearch) offer VERY fast find as you type search results- which can be restricted by size/date/extension/ etc etc- All freeware.

Locate32 lets you specify the format of the results (normally I leave it as List)

search view not remembered [​IMG]

If you've never used one of these, you will be surprised.
    Windows search does allow indexing of text document content- these tools don't.
    They index ALL files and folders once- pretty quickly- and then maintain an index.

dalchina, Sep 25, 2016
  5. trogne Win User
    I know these tools.

The problem is that when I need to search, I'm inside a particular folder and I want to search only this folder. I don't want to leave that folder, then go in Locate32, and say to Locate32 the folder I want to search.

So what I would need is a replacement of explorer that includes the search/view capabilities of those tools.

trogne, Sep 25, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    You can specify the folder in Locate32.

I appreciate this doesn't directly answer your question, maybe someone else knows better.

Alternatively, you could consider a different file manager.
    For example, Directory Opus will use the same view in search as that of the original folder.

dalchina, Sep 25, 2016
  7. trogne Win User
    Any help please ? View settings should be remembered for all windows search. This is the most anoying problem with Windows 10 to me.

trogne, Oct 3, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Hello, can suggest nothing further, and no one else has contributed (yet). I can only suggest:
    - try a in-place upgrade repair install (or upgrade to 1607 if you're on an earlier build)
    - clean install

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. search view not remembered - Similar Threads - search view remembered

2. Search Engine Not Remembering Device???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Engine Not Remembering Device???: Hello-Ever since my financial institution updated their website, I have to be sent another pass-code every time I exceed 'idle time limit' on the site. Several customer service reps at my financial institution claim my browser -Duck Duck Go-- is not allowing my my device to...
  3. Search Engine Not Remembering Device???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Engine Not Remembering Device???: Hello-Ever since my financial institution updated their website, I have to be sent another pass-code every time I exceed 'idle time limit' on the site. Several customer service reps at my financial institution claim my browser -Duck Duck Go-- is not allowing my my device to...
  4. Search Engine Not Remembering Device???

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Search Not Remembering Default Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search Not Remembering Default Apps: When I upgraded to Windows 11, the search function on my PC stopped working regularly. The search could no longer find most of my documents. I managed to fix that problem by re-indexing thru search settings. But I still have a problem where, when I open Microsoft Office files...
  6. Windows Search Not Remembering Default Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search Not Remembering Default Apps: When I upgraded to Windows 11, the search function on my PC stopped working regularly. The search could no longer find most of my documents. I managed to fix that problem by re-indexing thru search settings. But I still have a problem where, when I open Microsoft Office files...
  7. Remembering File Explorer views in each folder?

Remembering File Explorer views in each folder?: Is there a utility that can remember your customized views of various folders and keep them persistent across time? For example, I dislike being given the "Type" field in the detailed view of File Explorer, since I have Explorer set to show filename extensions, and I usually...
  8. search results to be in DETAILS view

in Windows 10 Support
    search results to be in DETAILS view: When I do a search, I want the results to be in DETAILS view instead of CONTENT view. How to make the change so that results always come up in details view? Win 10 165737
  9. Windows Explorer Search View

Windows Explorer Search View: Hello! I want to change the View in Windows Explorer search results. I found How to Customize Default Search Views on Windows 10 - Appuals.com but cannot understand the instructions exactly. It would also helpful for me if I would have a shortcut key to switch to "Details"...
  10. Change the Default Search View to Detail View (not Content View)

Change the Default Search View to Detail View (not Content View): When I do a search, I want the default view of the results to be the detailed view. How do I change the default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-default-search-view-to-detail-view-not/8d2eb719-0ee7-466c-87c5-30878be8656f