Windows 10: “Search Windows” Bar Results Un-Clickable Windows 10

Discus and support “Search Windows” Bar Results Un-Clickable Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I use the "Search Windows" bar on the taskbar I cannot click on most of the suggested results. I used "restore" as an example in the attached... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by in2hockey04, Aug 19, 2015.

1. “Search Windows” Bar Results Un-Clickable Windows 10

When I use the "Search Windows" bar on the taskbar I cannot click on most of the suggested results. I used "restore" as an example in the attached picture. Options for "restore" come up as shown but the red arrowed results are un-clickable while the blue arrow is. If I just put in "re" instead of "restore" then Remote Desktop comes up as a suggested result and I am able to click on it. I have disabled Cortana and shut off web results on all PC's. Other than that I have not tweaked any of the workstations.... One more thing that I failed to mention was that I ran sfc /verifyonly on all my Windows 10 machines and it never resulted in any integrity violations. Thanks in advance for any and all help with this issue!!

:)

in2hockey04, Aug 19, 2015
  2. Kit :) Win User

Windows 10 - start menu, search bar and network icon not working on left left clicking.

Windows 10 - start menu, search bar and network icon is not clickable with left click and cannot type on the search bar.

Kit :), Aug 19, 2015
  3. Search results not clickable

Hi,

had Microsoft computer guys take over my computer. There is no fix. I have an old MSN account. I had to create another sign in with admin and a new Hotmail account. That worked but the old Hotmail account (the one that i wanted) cant use Cortana. And they
    know this is an issue.

If you download loads of programs then the other account does not always allow you to use it, so problems developing. Accountants, and SAGE users will hate this problem.

I also had to fix the problems caused by the chap taking over my computer because the above help is fraught with dangers and errors.

Matt Hepple, Aug 19, 2015
  4. “Search Windows” Bar Results Un-Clickable Windows 10

I'm having a very similar issue.

However, for me, cog wheel icon results typically work. But I don't get the "reset this PC" and "Go back to an earlier build" options that you do.

So, in this example, I can select "settings" and "windows mobility center", while nothing else works:

Webslinger, Aug 23, 2015
  5. After having this problem, I installed Stardock's Start10, and now use its "search programs and files" using the modern theme to work around this problem. Regardless, the problem is annoying, and I hope someone responds with a real solution.

Webslinger, Aug 23, 2015
  6. Thanks for the workaround! I'll give it a shot, it is really annoying because on some workstations it works fine and on others some parts work while others do not! Really no rhyme or reason to what does work and what doesn't. For a while I was thinking that I was the only one having this issue....

in2hockey04, Aug 23, 2015
  7. Well, for me, app results work. So, for example, "control panel" will work, but if the search result brings up a non-app, it won't work.

Webslinger, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

“Search Windows” Bar Results Un-Clickable Windows 10

1. “Search Windows” Bar Results Un-Clickable Windows 10 - Similar Threads - “Search Windows” Bar

2. Windows Search Bar No Results

in Cortana
    Windows Search Bar No Results: Whenever search using the mouse or windows key, the windows search bar gives no results and goes inactive after a few seconds. This happens whether the bar is empty or has characters in it. It will prompt the following error in Event Viewer which occurs multiple times after a...
  3. Windows 10 Search Bar Web Search returns no results

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Bar Web Search returns no results: My Surface can no longer search the web from the search bar. It still works perfectly fine for local file search, but it will not search the web....
  4. Windows 10 search in task bar not showing results

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search in task bar not showing results: one day when i opened my laptop when i type in the task bar start menu no programs or results come up just a magnifying glass, can someone help me here? it has windows 10 pro i think version 1909 thank you...
  5. Search bar in start and explorer not working / not clickable

in Windows 10 Support
    Search bar in start and explorer not working / not clickable: Hello guys, I'm new on the forum since i just got win 10. I know there are plenty of posts about search bar problems but non of the solutions helped yet. So the search stopped working completely so that i can't even click on the bar on either the task bar or in explorer,...
  6. Windows Search Bar shows no result

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Search Bar shows no result: my windows search bar shows no result at all, it goes block and shows a white display. Please help[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-bar-shows-no-result/a9f73fd7-1a52-4ea1-a60a-783dc45b8f20
  7. Search Bar not producing search results.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search Bar not producing search results.: As the title says, search bar is yeliding no search results. I use it to launch games, change sound sources and such. It will still give the option for web results but that is it. It will not find apps, games, settings or anything. I have tried everything short of a reset to...
  8. Task bar and application Un-clickable randomly, NEED HELP!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task bar and application Un-clickable randomly, NEED HELP!: So a few weeks ago I noticed my task bar was un-clickable. And I couldn't touch it at all so I went to the web to search for an answer. Only to find a temporary fix. which is to restart Explorer.EXE through task manager, this only fixes the problem for 3 minutes another...
  9. Windows 10 search bar not showing results

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 search bar not showing results: It is probably something easy and I am just being dumb but I couldn't find anything about this. Imgur: The magic of the Internet 123184
  10. Some programs are not clickable in search results.

in Windows 10 Support
    Some programs are not clickable in search results.: When I search for 'cmd' or 'notepad' the program comes up in the results but it does not respond to a click. When I right click there is only an option to pin to start menu and all that does is put a blank tile which is similarly not clickable. Other programs work just...