Windows 10: 'Search Windows' option not finding select few programs

Discus and support 'Search Windows' option not finding select few programs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When pressing windows key and searching for programs, it finds almost all the ones I have installed except from the one I actually want to find, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SM125, Aug 19, 2015.

1. SM125 Win User

'Search Windows' option not finding select few programs

When pressing windows key and searching for programs, it finds almost all the ones I have installed except from the one I actually want to find, the app is Discord.

I've tried modifying the indexing and making sure its added but to no avail, any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

SM125, Aug 19, 2015
  2. DannieBee Win User

Windows Charms Search not finding programs

I've installed some programs like Telegram and Foxit PDF reader.

When I press windows key and type their names in the search bar, nothing comes up. All the programs are correctly installed and I can find them in my Start Menu folder. I can also run them by running their *.exe

I've checked with my other PC (which runs Windows 10) but that computer can find the programs.

For my indexing options, the included locations are:

• Desktop Background
    • Program Files
    • Program Files (x86)
    • Start Menu
    • Start Menu Places
    • Users /ex AppData

Please advise what's wrong! :'(

DannieBee, Aug 19, 2015
  3. Windows Charms Search not finding programs

Hi Dannie,

We'd like to know if you are still experiencing this issue?

Regards.

Eugene deV, Aug 19, 2015
Thema:

'Search Windows' option not finding select few programs

1. 'Search Windows' option not finding select few programs - Similar Threads - 'Search Windows' option

2. Select Account Recovery Option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Select Account Recovery Option: Hi, i've been trying to reset my gaming laptop for a while now but nothing has worked and ive finally been hit with a screen that says 'Select Account, you need to sign in as a administrator to continue, but there aren't any administrator account on this PC.' On the bottom of...
  3. Windows Explorer search options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer search options: I have a new computer with Windows 10 installed. When I am looking for a folder in Explorer, I can't type anything without Windows going into search mode. I prefer to type to get to the folder I need (rather than scrolling), but now I can't hit a key without triggering a...
  4. I cant find the 'print selection' option in Windows 10 on any printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cant find the 'print selection' option in Windows 10 on any printer: I cant find the 'print selection' option...at least with my printer(s) in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-the-print-selection-option-in-windows/de0bf04d-ba88-4d03-8b4d-5f8cc8f01d42
  5. A select few games crashing on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A select few games crashing on Windows 10 PC: There are three games that have been crashing for a while now on my PC. At first I thought it was just one but as I started playing the other games I realised that they all have similar behaviour in crashes, and I can't find a solution for any of the games. All of these games...
  6. Windows Search Not Finding Items

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search Not Finding Items: [img] Windows doesn't work correctly. I am trying to find OneDrive app but its only showing the folder. Any idea? By the way, i already tried to rebuild my search index but still doesn't work. 123134
  7. Text selection option in Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text selection option in Windows: Hello, I want to know that if there is any option of text selection in windows 10 like that option in google photoes app, so can i can copy or translate the text written in the photoes i have. If yes, the how can i do so?...
  8. Search not finding Windows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Search not finding Windows Update: Hi, when I try to find Windows Update via Windows Search (or via search inside Settings window), no such option is found. It's similar with some other settings. It worked fine, but now it does not. I've tried rebuilding search index, but with no luck. Any ideas how to...
  9. Problem With a few programs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem With a few programs.: OS : Windows 10 Home 64bit The problem is when I try to open some programs. For example : CIGPatcher/StarCitizenLauncher, Origin, MalwareBytes and a few others I can not remember off the top of my head, They will 'open' with no window. But Task manager says they are 'open'...
  10. Windows 10 built-in search not finding programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 built-in search not finding programs: Hello. I have a software installed called "eclipse". I have another software installed called "Sublime Text 3". If I press the windows-button and start typing to search for "subl" - it immediately finds the shortcut for Sublime Text 3. (This is how I want it to work.)...