Windows 10: 'Search Windows' option not finding select few programs

Discus and support 'Search Windows' option not finding select few programs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When pressing windows key and searching for programs, it finds almost all the ones I have installed except from the one I actually want to find, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SM125, Aug 19, 2015.

1. SM125 Win User

'Search Windows' option not finding select few programs

When pressing windows key and searching for programs, it finds almost all the ones I have installed except from the one I actually want to find, the app is Discord.

I've tried modifying the indexing and making sure its added but to no avail, any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

SM125, Aug 19, 2015
  2. DannieBee Win User

Windows Charms Search not finding programs

I've installed some programs like Telegram and Foxit PDF reader.

When I press windows key and type their names in the search bar, nothing comes up. All the programs are correctly installed and I can find them in my Start Menu folder. I can also run them by running their *.exe

I've checked with my other PC (which runs Windows 10) but that computer can find the programs.

For my indexing options, the included locations are:

• Desktop Background
    • Program Files
    • Program Files (x86)
    • Start Menu
    • Start Menu Places
    • Users /ex AppData

Please advise what's wrong! :'(

DannieBee, Aug 19, 2015
  3. Windows Charms Search not finding programs

Hi Dannie,

We'd like to know if you are still experiencing this issue?

Regards.

Eugene deV, Aug 19, 2015
Thema:

'Search Windows' option not finding select few programs

1. 'Search Windows' option not finding select few programs - Similar Threads - 'Search Windows' option

2. Can't select an option on the search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't select an option on the search bar: Hello,Something odd have appeared on my laptop.When I'm searching for something that can be launched with different option you should be able to select that option by navigating with the right arrow key.In my case that navigation doesn't work. I can still navigate up and down...
  3. Can't select an option on the search bar

in Cortana
    Can't select an option on the search bar: Hello,Something odd have appeared on my laptop.When I'm searching for something that can be launched with different option you should be able to select that option by navigating with the right arrow key.In my case that navigation doesn't work. I can still navigate up and down...
  4. Can't select an option on the search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows Search Highlights option is greyed out + Cannot find "windows" in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search Highlights option is greyed out + Cannot find "windows" in...: Hey there u wanted to enable Search Highlights but it greyed out I also referred to a post on Microsoft here It shows that we have to go into the registry editor to fix and it gives me a directory "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer"But there is no...
  6. not able to find installed apps and programs on windows search

in Cortana
    not able to find installed apps and programs on windows search: im not able to find and see apps which i download from microsoft store . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-find-installed-apps-and-programs-on/a82bdb89-1a65-4c17-a6e1-32593fcd422a
  7. Windows Search Can't find "Programs and Features'," and other items.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search Can't find "Programs and Features'," and other items.: Hi all, For ages I've been unable to search for "programs and features" and other control panel items through Windows Search, but not all of them. I figured that after updating to the most recent windows feature update, something might reset to resolve this problem but to no...
  8. Text selection option in Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text selection option in Windows: Hello, I want to know that if there is any option of text selection in windows 10 like that option in google photoes app, so can i can copy or translate the text written in the photoes i have. If yes, the how can i do so?...
  9. Problem With a few programs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem With a few programs.: OS : Windows 10 Home 64bit The problem is when I try to open some programs. For example : CIGPatcher/StarCitizenLauncher, Origin, MalwareBytes and a few others I can not remember off the top of my head, They will 'open' with no window. But Task manager says they are 'open'...
  10. Windows 10 built-in search not finding programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 built-in search not finding programs: Hello. I have a software installed called "eclipse". I have another software installed called "Sublime Text 3". If I press the windows-button and start typing to search for "subl" - it immediately finds the shortcut for Sublime Text 3. (This is how I want it to work.)...