Windows 10: search working in text files but in pdf irregular

Discus and support search working in text files but in pdf irregular in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have around 50000 one page text files and same 50000 files as pdf in a folder. When I search a numeric world , then the search displays all the text... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by sam9, Apr 30, 2017.

1. sam9 Win User

search working in text files but in pdf irregular

I have around 50000 one page text files and same 50000 files as pdf in a folder. When I search a numeric world , then the search displays all the text files which are having that number in them but for pdf it says no record found. Sometime if the search number is of 2 or 3 digit then few pdf files get searched. Pl guide why pdf are not getting searched or irregularly searched.

Closing the thread as got solved by two things, first adding pdf ifilter in indexing location and then adding the folder to it.

:)

2. win 6.1 search app

I need an app that will search for a text in different files including pdf and when file is opened will spot the text in the file for my window mobile 6.1 on my samsung omnia i910 thanks

cedarmoose, Apr 30, 2017
  3. Windows 10 doesn't find my files

On my desktop if I make a search of a name of a PDF file it doesn't show on the list of the found files.

This is not happen only for a file but it seems happen for all the files under the directory of "Google Drive"

> C:\Users\wow\Google Drive

How can I fix this issue?

Also, is it possible search into the text of pdf files?

Salvo Di Fazio, Apr 30, 2017
Thema:

search working in text files but in pdf irregular

1. search working in text files but in pdf irregular - Similar Threads - search working text

2. How do I open a pdf file and search for text within that file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I open a pdf file and search for text within that file?: I just bought a new laptop with windows 11 installed. When I double-click on a pdf file, it opens in Microsoft Edge. When I do a cl+f, it can't find the text in the file.I can't find the Adobe Acrobat Reader in the Apple Store. I am unable to find a good free app in the store...
  3. How do I open a pdf file and search for text within that file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I open a pdf file and search for text within that file?: I just bought a new laptop with windows 11 installed. When I double-click on a pdf file, it opens in Microsoft Edge. When I do a cl+f, it can't find the text in the file.I can't find the Adobe Acrobat Reader in the Apple Store. I am unable to find a good free app in the store...
  4. Unable to Select the Text in the PDF file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Select the Text in the PDF file: Why can I no longer select text in PDF with curser? Always have done but something now seems to have changed? Just get the hand pointer. Always used to use SHIFT plus MOUSE to move PDF window around, but now only get the hand pointer, which will still move window around...
  5. Unable to Select the Text in the PDF file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Select the Text in the PDF file: Why can I no longer select text in PDF with curser? Always have done but something now seems to have changed? Just get the hand pointer. Always used to use SHIFT plus MOUSE to move PDF window around, but now only get the hand pointer, which will still move window around...
  6. Unable to Select the Text in the PDF file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Assistance required in converting a PDF file to Text file

Assistance required in converting a PDF file to Text file: Hello everyone. I am facing issues in converting a PDF file to a plain text file in Windows 10 Professional 64-bit. It is prompting: "Access Denied". Please assist me further....
  8. Search only searching contents in PDF files

Search only searching contents in PDF files: Hello, lately when I use File Explorer to search the contents of my Word documents, the search is not yielding any results apart from PDF files. I have tried every fix and update I have seen in the community and it has not fixed the problem. I'm running Windows 10 and this...
  9. Open a text file and PDF at once?

in Windows 10 Support
    Open a text file and PDF at once?: I'm in File Explorer, in sub-directory . . . If I hold down Ctrl, and hover over one text file, and then another, so that both are highlighted, and then I press Enter, and both open in Notepad ++ But, if the second file I select is a PDF, and I press Enter, nothing happens....
  10. Text Appearing irregular/nonuniform in some apps and websites

in Windows 10 Support
    Text Appearing irregular/nonuniform in some apps and websites: Hi, I have recently built a new PC and I have had this issue with the text. In some websites and programs it appears blocky and irregular. See screen dump below. [img] Fixes I have tried: -For an individual program going to its Properties>Compatibility>checking...