Windows 10: Search?

Discus and support Search? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have lost the 'Search the web and windows' facility. It was there yesterday but gone this morning. I am in UK so don't get Cortana but should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Caz, Aug 9, 2015.

1. CAZ
    Caz Win User

Search?

Hi, I have lost the 'Search the web and windows' facility. It was there yesterday but gone this morning. I am in UK so don't get Cortana but should still be able to search the PC and web.

:)

2. Problems with shutting down and sleepfunction

After uppgrading to Win 10 from Win 8 my computer won´t shut down or go to sleepmode using on/off in the startfield/menu, the only way to shut down seems to be using the hard way with the on/off button on the computer.

Tryed to uninstall antivirus etc. to see if that was causing the problem but it didn´t help

Also searchd for and installed all availble uppdates from HP and Microsoft

Help please

Stefan Hultgren, Aug 9, 2015
  3. IMAP search does not work

After updating from Windows Phone 8.1 to 10 (Extra&Info shows "Lumia Windows 10", and there are no pending updates), I can no longer search through e-mails that are older than the ones synced on my phone. When I perform a search, the matching e-mails on
    my phone are shown, followed by a button to "search online". When I click this button, the phone claims "No results found".

I'm using a standard IMAP server (dovecot) with fulltext search capability. Searching worked fine under Windows Phone 8.1. The following data shows the discussion between the phone and the IMAP server:

> A2 NOOP

< * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN AUTH=CRAM-MD5] IMAP ready.

< A2 OK NOOP completed.

> A3 CAPABILITY

< * CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN AUTH=CRAM-MD5

A3 OK Pre-login capabilities listed, post-login capabilities have more.

> A4 ID ("vendor" "Microsoft" "os" "Windows Mobile" "os-version" "10.0" "guid" "[128 digit string removed]")

< * ID ("name" "Dovecot")

A4 OK ID completed.

> A5 LOGIN "username" "password"

<* CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE SORT SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT MULTIAPPEND URL-PARTIAL CATENATE UNSELECT CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1 CONDSTORE QRESYNC ESEARCH
    ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN CONTEXT=SEARCH LIST-STATUS SPECIAL-USE BINARY MOVE

A5 OK Logged in

> A6 LOGOUT

< * BYE Logging out

A6 OK Logout completed.

As you can see, no attempt is made to search on the server. Is there any way to resolve this?

Anonymous203423, Aug 9, 2015
  4. Search?

you should be able to get Cortana, its available in the UK

Do you mean the search box at the bottom is missing?
    If so, when you right click on the taskbar does it show an option for Cortana?

paulsalter, Aug 9, 2015
  5. CAZ
    Caz Win User
    Hi, Thank you Paul. This morning the search facility is back again. I also downloaded a language pack for English UK and eventually got Cortana working. Must say I don't find it much use more of a gimmick so far.

6. Hi,
    Glad to hear you got it working

I don't use Cortana much on the desktop, but it is quite handy on the Phone
    Over time I might use it more

paulsalter, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Search?

1. Search? - Similar Threads - Search

2. Windows 10 Search Bar doesn't find installed apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Search Bar doesn't find installed apps: I have Windows 10 Pro x64 on my desktop and I recently downloaded a couple applications that I have installed. When I tap on the windows key it brings up recently installed apps and I can find it there, however, when I search up the app "Razer Synapse" nothing appears. I've...
  3. Windows 10 Search Bar doesn't find installed apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Search Bar doesn't find installed apps: I have Windows 10 Pro x64 on my desktop and I recently downloaded a couple applications that I have installed. When I tap on the windows key it brings up recently installed apps and I can find it there, however, when I search up the app "Razer Synapse" nothing appears. I've...
  4. Windows 10 Search Bar doesn't find installed apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Web Search Preview is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web Search Preview is not working.: Recently I have been facing an issue where I cannot see the preview of any web search. Whenever I wish to do a quick search, I am unable to do it. This has been happening since the recent update. I have already tried the troubleshoot method but it says that no problems were...
  6. Web Search Preview is not working.

Web Search Preview is not working.: Recently I have been facing an issue where I cannot see the preview of any web search. Whenever I wish to do a quick search, I am unable to do it. This has been happening since the recent update. I have already tried the troubleshoot method but it says that no problems were...
  7. How do I make search stop refreshing when I click an item?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I make search stop refreshing when I click an item?: When I click an item it keeps refreshing how do I stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-search-stop-refreshing-when-i-click/894a67e7-008c-4169-b7cb-1b627ae36120
  8. How do I make search stop refreshing when I click an item?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make search stop refreshing when I click an item?: When I click an item it keeps refreshing how do I stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-search-stop-refreshing-when-i-click/894a67e7-008c-4169-b7cb-1b627ae36120
  9. How do I make search stop refreshing when I click an item?

10. Arabic search bar on my lockscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Arabic search bar on my lockscreen: Hi! So I just got my new laptop from Acer, nothing's out of ordinary besides that Arabic search bar on my lockscreen everytime I turn on my laptop or restart it, it's still there, I have no idea how to remove it. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you. P.S: I'm using...