Windows 10: Searchbox on taskbar

Discus and support Searchbox on taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I like to have the simple search box - magnifying glass only - on the taskbar. Since Win 10 Creators Update it appears - thus - Circle Type here to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by carrotmuseum, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Searchbox on taskbar

I like to have the simple search box - magnifying glass only - on the taskbar.

Since Win 10 Creators Update it appears - thus - Circle Type here to search (space) then the microphone symbol -

Can't find a way back to the simple mag glass. Help!

:)

carrotmuseum, Aug 30, 2017

2. Search box: Search in folder names, file names and application names by default

- Right click on taskbar

- Navigate on Cortana

- Click Show searchbox

- Click the searbox beside start button

- Click the settings

- Turn Off Cortana.

That should do the trcik

Rasheed Mandeep, Aug 30, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    how to search for all my .jpg files. have win 10

Hi Jake,

Open Windows File Explorer (folder icon on your Taskbar

On the left click 'This PC'

Then in the searchbox on the top right, enter: *.jpg

(That isL star + dot + jpg)

That will search your hard drive for all jpg files

That's It!

DaveM121, Aug 30, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Searchbox on taskbar

Brink, Aug 30, 2017
  5. Does not work for me. If I right click taskbar and select Cortana, there are three options

Hidden - Show Cortana Icon - Show search box BUT that search box includes, as I said - "Circle Type here to search (space) then the microphone symbol -" I only want the mag glass. The tutorial is out of date i think!

How do I disable Cortana?

carrotmuseum, Aug 30, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    The first tutorial link I posted above can help show you how to disable Cortana to then have the "Show search icon" option instead.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Searchbox on taskbar

1. Searchbox on taskbar - Similar Threads - Searchbox taskbar

2. My searchbox changed its text and lenght after clean installation

in Cortana
    My searchbox changed its text and lenght after clean installation: I recently did a clean install of windows 10 on my computer and my searchbox changed its lenght and text. Its just really bothering and i want to have the searchbox shown. I also noticed that other people have that short searchbox on their computer. Is there any way i can fix...
  3. upon clicking searchbox, the window is appearing on the right side of my screen. help me...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upon clicking searchbox, the window is appearing on the right side of my screen. help me...: fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upon-clicking-searchbox-the-window-is-appearing-on/e274ec9c-ae75-4822-bc68-4999efcf2c30
  4. upon clicking searchbox, the window is appearing on the right side of my screen. help me...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upon clicking searchbox, the window is appearing on the right side of my screen. help me...: fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upon-clicking-searchbox-the-window-is-appearing-on/e274ec9c-ae75-4822-bc68-4999efcf2c30
  5. SearchBox is Not Working after Updated to 21H1

in Cortana
    SearchBox is Not Working after Updated to 21H1: Hey, I have updated to latest windows 21H1 3 days back. A error message was showing on windows updates that "Your device is missing important security and quality". But check for updates is showing update for me. After this update search box is not working either it is start...
  6. SearchBox is Not Working after Updated to latest 21H1

in Cortana
    SearchBox is Not Working after Updated to latest 21H1: Hey, I have updated to latest windows 21H1 23 days back. Before update a error message was showing on windows updates that "Your device is missing important security and quality". But check for updates is showing update for me. After this update search box is not working...
  7. Windows searchbox not showing

in Cortana
    Windows searchbox not showing: hey! when i right click on taskbar and select search it only shows show search icon not show search box or whatever please tell me how to fix it and i am on Windows 10 Pro Education edition...
  8. Searchbox Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Searchbox Not Working: Search box can't type and can't sign in with Microsoft Account since updating from version 1903 to 1909. How to fix it on windows 10 home edition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/searchbox-not-working/43e0b224-40ce-4f12-98c2-2011fbc56d9e
  9. cortana missing in setting and searchbox in taskbar not working at all

in Cortana
    cortana missing in setting and searchbox in taskbar not working at all: before this search box problem i have did a windows reinstall using a usb drive and after it reinstall and upgrade, the search box can't use at all and also cortana is missing...
  10. Unable to add searchbox to taskbar Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to add searchbox to taskbar Windows 10 Pro: This issue all started when I wanted to print a youtube screen Was told to enter "snipping tool" in the taskbar searchbox. No searchbox on taskbar. To fix this, I was instructed to right click taskbar and go to "properties.". No properities there. Tried going through...