Windows 10: Searches Everywhere files

Discus and support Searches Everywhere files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently discovered searches everywhere file over 200K. I need storage to download windows 10 and Office 365. Delete them or harmful?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jackieco, Jul 24, 2018.

1. jackieco Win User

Searches Everywhere files

I recently discovered searches everywhere file over 200K. I need storage to download windows 10 and Office 365. Delete them or harmful?

:)

jackieco, Jul 24, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 24, 2018
  3. Search Content of MHT files

Hi David,

Most probably, this is a problem with the search and indexing of your Windows 10 computer. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we would like to clarify the following:

• Are you trying to search the content of MHT files using Cortana?
    • Have you tried searching it using the File Explorer?
    • Are you using a third-party app to search for the content of MHT files?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for search and indexing. To run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems.
    • Select Search and Indexing and click Run the troubleshooter.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Jul 24, 2018
  4. Searches Everywhere files

File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

Searches Everywhere files

1. Searches Everywhere files - Similar Threads - Searches Everywhere files

2. Why are there 164,841 items in user \dodge\searches\everywhere file folder in File...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are there 164,841 items in user \dodge\searches\everywhere file folder in File...: Why are there 178 items in user\dodge\searches\indexed locations file folder? Talk about storage problems. I have never saved anything to this searches file folder. Why are there 164,841 items in user \dodge\searches\everywhere file folder[BB1] ? I don’t even know what those...
  3. Why are there 164,841 items in user \dodge\searches\everywhere file folder in File...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are there 164,841 items in user \dodge\searches\everywhere file folder in File...: Why are there 178 items in user\dodge\searches\indexed locations file folder? Talk about storage problems. I have never saved anything to this searches file folder. Why are there 164,841 items in user \dodge\searches\everywhere file folder[BB1] ? I don’t even know what those...
  4. File copies everywhere!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File copies everywhere!: I've been using MS dos and Windows since their beginning in the 1970s. The file folder system was efficient and easy to understand. You could create folders according to your own organization desires and find them easily, and if not, you could search for them. But in past few...
  5. File copies everywhere!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File copies everywhere!: I've been using MS dos and Windows since their beginning in the 1970s. The file folder system was efficient and easy to understand. You could create folders according to your own organization desires and find them easily, and if not, you could search for them. But in past few...
  6. File copies everywhere!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. search box is not working everywhere

in Cortana
    search box is not working everywhere: I have updated latest version of windows yesterday and my search box is not at all working everywhere. I have troubleshooted it and run some powershell folders but nothing is working till now please help me...
  8. Searches>Everywhere.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Searches>Everywhere.: I have just found this file. It is quite extensive and I don't understand its function. Should I delete it all periodically? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/searcheseverywhere/fff09f78-8817-4931-aa53-10dd34d2ba43"
  9. No Search Everywhere Box

in Windows 10 Support
    No Search Everywhere Box: It is not there when I click on the Start Button, even if I enlarge the resultant display vertically. I see, for example a Most Used list, then a few other entries which end at "All Apps," with no search box below that. Does anyone have a spare Search Everywhere box to...
  10. Search Everywhere only opens files, not web results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Everywhere only opens files, not web results: This is referring to the blue "Search Everywhere" panel that slides out from the right, not Cortana or the Start Menu search box. When I type into it, it'll list my local files on the top, then web results underneath. Clicking any listed local file will open that file, but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. everywhere file

2. what are searches everywhere file