Windows 10: Searching for updates takes very long

Discus and support Searching for updates takes very long in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, Since today manually searching for updates takes unusually long. Is something wrong with the microsoft servers at the moment? Anyone else have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Dencibo, May 15, 2017.

1. Dencibo Win User

Searching for updates takes very long

Hi,

Since today manually searching for updates takes unusually long. Is something wrong with the microsoft servers at the moment? Anyone else have that problem?

Was planning to set up my laptop today but I will wait a bit if the update servers are wonky right now.

:)

Dencibo, May 15, 2017

2. Windows Updates Takes a VERY Long Time

The latest Windows updates are taking more than 15 hours. I need to use the computer and so I held down the on/off button for 10 seconds. Then, the computer message stated, it was reversing the update and going back to the old version. Why does it take
    so long for these latest updates? Is there a way to have the updates run any faster? How can I be sure my computer has been updated?

josephbdiehl, May 15, 2017
  3. Windows Updates Takes a VERY Long Time

What OS Build Version is installed?

Select the keyboard shortcut Win+S and type
    About your PC.
    Click the Best Match at the top of the dropdown menu to get the requested information.

You do not identify the update failing to install?

Please provide more information so that the cause of your problem may be diagnosed.

Please restart your computer and allow 20 minutes for the system to run before uploading information required to help me investigate your problem. When examining Event Viewer log files many, not all, problems show in the period immediately after
    the computer has been booted.

Please provide a copy of your System Information file. To access your System Information file select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+R, type msinfo32
    and click OK . Place the cursor on
    System Summary. Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located. Click Save.
    Files in the txt file format are preferred.Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file.The system creates
    a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload the file to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here. If the
    report is in a language other than English, please state the language.

Please upload to your OneDrive and share with everyone a copy of your
    System log file from your Event Viewer and post a link here. Please remove any earlier copies of the logs from your OneDrive.

To access the System log select the keyboard shortcut Win+R, type
    eventvwr.msc and press the ENTER key. From the list in the left side of the window select Windows Logs and System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and
    Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do not provide filtered files.
    Do not place the cursor in the list of reports before selecting Action from the menu. Do
    not clear logs whilst you have a continuing problem.

For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3:

gerrys template

Gerry C J Cornell, May 15, 2017
  4. Searching for updates takes very long

My thoughts are hold off. I'm in the middle of the CU update over a Wi-Fi. First phase was slow enough, but now after that first restart, I'm doubting it's going to finish today!

Wiley Coyote, May 15, 2017
Thema:

Searching for updates takes very long

1. Searching for updates takes very long - Similar Threads - Searching updates takes

2. Videos take very long to start playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos take very long to start playing: I have same problem as the person stated under - video it does not matter if its online or some downloaded video take like 5 seconds to start and if paused for longer period it takes again 5 sec to start again. Just diffrent laptop i have Dell G3 15 3590 intelcore i7-9750...
  3. Videos take very long to start playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos take very long to start playing: I have same problem as the person stated under - video it does not matter if its online or some downloaded video take like 5 seconds to start and if paused for longer period it takes again 5 sec to start again. Just diffrent laptop i have Dell G3 15 3590 intelcore i7-9750...
  4. Videos take very long to start playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos take very long to start playing: I have a Windows 10 Dell Vostro with an 11th Gen i3 processor, 8 GB RAM, and an HDD. For some reason, any video takes unnaturally long to start playing on my laptop. For videos that are on my HDD, VLC takes around 5-10 seconds to actually start playing the video after it has...
  5. Videos take very long to start playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Videos take very long to start playing: I have a Windows 10 Dell Vostro with an 11th Gen i3 processor, 8 GB RAM, and an HDD. For some reason, any video takes unnaturally long to start playing on my laptop. For videos that are on my HDD, VLC takes around 5-10 seconds to actually start playing the video after it has...
  6. Windows Update Taking Very Long

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update Taking Very Long: Hi, just wanted to know if this is normal. I’m trying to update my laptop but it’s taking a very long time on the ‘Working on updates’ screen. It is going up but extremely slowly (currently on 10%). Just wanted to know if this is normal for some updates. I’ve had no problems...
  7. Windows update search take long time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update search take long time: Hi, I have a problem since today, since the last windows 20H2 update. When I want to search an update the loading searching take a very long time (~25mn) and I have an error and I can clic on retry. I want to know if this is a known problem ? Thx submitted by /u/TheMagiiK...
  8. Blue screen taking a very long time.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen taking a very long time.: Hello, I was installing an older version of avast when I got blue screened. Before that I had updated my windows version. Problem is, the blue screen won't go away. It's been about 20mins now. Is there anything I could do?...
  9. windows 10 update taking very long time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update taking very long time: how to shut down computer and restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-taking-very-long-time/e43c1901-1157-4f38-a45b-24c602654244
  10. Update to Windows 10 1903 taking a very long time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update to Windows 10 1903 taking a very long time: The download took about half an hour, but the install has been running for nearly 8 hours and is now on 91%. Will it finish if I leave the laptop on overnight or should I just turn it off now? What will happen when I try to turn on if I crash out of the install?...