Windows 10: searching on windows start menu dont work

Discus and support searching on windows start menu dont work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; searching using windows start menu doesnt show searches when you type to get something on your computer.. but when i tryped in say "steelseries" to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by m0nk3n, Aug 6, 2016.

1. m0nk3n Win User

searching on windows start menu dont work

searching using windows start menu doesnt show searches when you type to get something on your computer..

but when i tryped in say "steelseries" to get the steelseries engine, and pressed enter, since i couldnt use mouse click on it cause it didnt show anything, it started steelseries engine...

so 1 more thing that needs to be fixed..

regards, m0nk *Smile

:)

m0nk3n, Aug 6, 2016

2. The search feature in cortana is not working after resetting Windows 10.

After resetting windows 10, Windows 10 search has stopped working. I tried stopping and starting cortana and windows explorer. I also tried to stopping and starting windows search from services.msc. Even Search and index troubleshooting is no help. The search
    always shows a blank window. Even web search results wont appear. Also after reset win32 applications dont show up in the start menu. Installed programs and present in the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs. All UWP applications except mail
    and edge dont work. Splash screen shows and it closes the app.

(Previous subject:Windows 10 start menu problems after resetting)

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

Adityads93, Aug 6, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu & Cortana not Working with left click

Goodmorning,

Windows 10 Start Menu & Cortana not Working with left click,, my start menu dont work , calender not work, and search button not work, search not work, notifie not work, volume not workm has you any parametrs to work? only work eit right click (parametrs)
    i has try few solutions but nothing doing.

olease help me

Thank

Nikos Tsaptsalis

Νίκος Τσαπτσαλής, Aug 6, 2016
Thema:

searching on windows start menu dont work

1. searching on windows start menu dont work - Similar Threads - searching start menu

2. Start menu search bar and settings dont work.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu search bar and settings dont work.: its been around a day since this problem started, the search bar on my task bar does not work doesn’t let me type and if i try to open the settings app it instantly closes after opening. not sure if this is a common problem or not but my searches for a solution online have...
  3. Start menu search bar and settings dont work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu search bar and settings dont work.: its been around a day since this problem started, the search bar on my task bar does not work doesn’t let me type and if i try to open the settings app it instantly closes after opening. not sure if this is a common problem or not but my searches for a solution online have...
  4. Start menu search bar and settings dont work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Start menu search not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu search not working?: Hello! I discovered a few days ago that my start menu/task bar search menu no longer works. When I click either, I am unable to type. Additionally, I have noticed that when I open the start menu, I no longer have any 'recommended's on display:Does anyone have a guess as to...
  6. Windows start menu and search not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows start menu and search not working: Hi! recently after a windows update I did overnight, I've been experiencing a problem where I cannot use my windows taskbar to search for items and I cannot view the start menu. I've tried several fixes online yet none work. I attempted to uninstall as many of the updates as...
  7. start menu search not working

in Cortana
    start menu search not working: Hello, The start menu search has stopped working, please help me fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-search-not-working/17d1856e-511b-4649-b2e3-d3d4c1fc1e52
  8. Start Menu Search Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Search Not Working: When I search for files using the regular Windows Explorer when in a folder it works fine. When I press the windows key and type something it now shoes completely empty. I have tried a lot of things within Windows to fix this such as rebuilding the index for search but that...
  9. WINDOWS START MENU SEARCH NOT WORKING

in Cortana
    WINDOWS START MENU SEARCH NOT WORKING: Hello everybody, Recently I observed that my Startmenu search for windows 10 pro was not working,I tried restarting Cortana by killing it from processes and search operations were resumed but whenever i shutdown my device and turn it back on the problem arises again and...
  10. Start Menu Search not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Search not working: When I start my computer, my Start Menu Search sometimes gets stuck in a start up or searching loop. The start menu itself works if I am just using my mouse to click icons. The issue is hitting the Windows button on my keyboard and typing. What is strange is that when...