Windows 10: SeaTools for DOS - Hard Drive Diagnostic

Discus and support SeaTools for DOS - Hard Drive Diagnostic in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: SeaTools for DOS - Hard Drive Diagnostic How to Check Health of Drive with SeaTools for DOS [img] Information SeaTools is an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

SeaTools for DOS - Hard Drive Diagnostic

How to: SeaTools for DOS - Hard Drive Diagnostic

How to Check Health of Drive with SeaTools for DOS

SeaTools for DOS - Hard Drive Diagnostic [​IMG]
    Information SeaTools is an easy-to-use that helps you determine what could be wrong with your machine. This tool works with all hard drives (NOT SSDs).

This tutorial will show you how to launch the SeaTools for DOS HDD diagnostics from a disc using Windows Disc Burner.

Warning Make sure you have your data backed up!

CONTENTS:

Part One [/i] Download and Burn SeaTools for DOS to Disc
    1) You can download the ISO for SeaTools for DOS versions directly here:
    Download
    2) Insert a blank unformatted disc into your CD drive.

3) Right click or press and hold on the Seatools ISO file, and click/tap on Burn disc image.

4) Make sure you pick the correct DVD drive.

5) Check the Verify disc after burning box.

6) Click/tap on Burn. Be patient as it burns the software.

Part Two [/i] Boot from and Use SeaTools for DOS Disc
    7) To boot from your newly created disc, you can:
    • go into your BIOS and change the boot order to your disc drive
    • or you can use the BIOS boot menu option.

8) Once the tool is all loaded you will see a License Agreement screen, click "I Accept"

9) In this tool there are 3 different parts of the test. Most of the time short will be just fine; however, if you were advised to use the long test, then I would do so.

• Short
    • Long
    • Acoustic

Part Three [/i] SeaTools for DOS Results
    10) There are a few results you will get:

Passed

If everything passes then you are good to go, and do not need to continue.

Failed

A) Select "Done"

B) You will want to select the "Repair this one and ALL remaining" option. This will attempt to repair the bad sectors of the drive.

Passed after repair
    This means that it successfully repaired everything. Now that it has passed, your HDD should be good to go.

Failed after Repair

If it fails after repair, then you cannot do anything but back up your data, and get a new drive.

I hope this was helpful! There will be edits to come to make this more informational!

:)

Brink, Jun 20, 2016

2. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown SeaTools for DOS - Hard Drive Diagnostic :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Oct 26, 2019
  3. missing hard drive

Try in Device Manager choosing Driver tab, then Update Driver, then Automatic. If that doesn't work then try Update Driver, Browse, then Let Me Pick. Try all previous drivers in the list.

If those fail try Roll Back button, if not present try Uninstall again, restart PC to see if it shows up in Disk Mgmt, issue it a letter.

See if it can be detected by Seatools bootable diagnostics long test from Seatools created here:

http://blog.nowherelan.com/2013/04/04/boot-seat...

User manual:
    https://www.seagate.com/manuals/software/seatoo...

There are also diagnostics built into HP and Dell by powering up while pressing the ESC and F12 keys respectively. Other testing tools here:

https://www.lifewire.com/free-hard-drive-testin...

Greg Carmack - MVP, Oct 26, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

zbook, Oct 26, 2019
  5. PC says hard drive is corrupt.How do I resolve this?

I would have liked the exact words it shows and when.

Test the Hard Drive.

Go to your Computer Manufacturer's website > look for your Computer's specifications > find out brand of Hard Drive > go to Hard Drive Manufacturer's website > find and download Hard Drive Diagnostic software and make a Bootable disk from it on the Computer
    you are using to get here, following their instructions > test your Hard Drive to see if it has failed.

And you can also use this Method to test your Hard Drive:

"SeaTools for DOS"

SeaTools | Seagate Support Deutschland

"SeaTools for DOS tutorial"

Anleitung für SeaTools for DOS | Seagate Support Deutschland

"How to use SeaTools for Windows"

Verwendung von SeaTools für Windows | Seagate Support Deutschland

Bill Smithers, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Sasqui Win User
    Testing hard drive(s) for errors

I also found this (God I'm lazy sometimes! LOL):

"SeaTools for Windows
    SeaTools for Windows has replaced SeaTools Online and PowerMax. SeaTools for Windows is a comprehensive, easy-to-use diagnostic tool that helps you quickly determine the condition of the disc drive in your external hard drive, desktop or notebook computer. It includes several tests that will examine the physical media on your Seagate or Maxtor disc drive and any other non-Seagate disc drive.

SeaTools for Windows tests USB, 1394, ATA (PATA/IDE), SATA and SCSI drives. It installs onto your system. SeaTools for Windows is completely data safe."

http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads/seatools

Sasqui, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. SeaTools for DOS - Hard Drive Diagnostic - Similar Threads - SeaTools DOS Hard

2. Hard Drive Visible in BIOS and Passes Diagnostics but Not Visible in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive Visible in BIOS and Passes Diagnostics but Not Visible in Windows 11: I have a Dell Inspiron 3910 Desktop with a 2TB Seagate HDD ST2000DM008-2FR102 and an SSD. Windows boots from the SSD, and that works fine and as expected. The 2TB HDD is for data only.The HDD is no longer visible from Windows in any way I can think of, including:File...
  3. Hard Drive Visible in BIOS and Passes Diagnostics but Not Visible in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Drive Visible in BIOS and Passes Diagnostics but Not Visible in Windows 11: I have a Dell Inspiron 3910 Desktop with a 2TB Seagate HDD ST2000DM008-2FR102 and an SSD. Windows boots from the SSD, and that works fine and as expected. The 2TB HDD is for data only.The HDD is no longer visible from Windows in any way I can think of, including:File...
  4. DOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DOS: Can I run DOS pgm? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dos/dc4fa29e-eac9-4aa1-b70c-2dadb0c17f09
  5. DOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DOS: Can I run DOS pgm? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dos/dc4fa29e-eac9-4aa1-b70c-2dadb0c17f09
  6. Unable to login after resetting in diagnostic mode with a corrupted hard drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to login after resetting in diagnostic mode with a corrupted hard drive.: So I've been having issues with BSOD and a few errors popping up with this PC and I finally decided to try to fix it, by running a few tests I found on the internet. One of which being put it in diagnostic mode, and running a few commands.. I've gotten to that point of...
  7. Hard disk diagnostic software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard disk diagnostic software: I would like to download a comprehensive testing software for the health of my disk drives, main concern at the moment is my Hitachi drives ( 2TB each ) which one at least has shown bad reads. I have Seagate's Seatool which does not seem to recongize the Hitachi drives. Dose...
  8. seaTools for DOS utility

seaTools for DOS utility: after running seatools for dos long test ,it is supposed to give me an option for repair the drive, if it is a segate drive, but i have run the long test and it did not give me this option, has any body got an idea as to why? Thanks 114537
  9. Wanting to use unallocated space on my hard drive, any dos and don'ts?

Wanting to use unallocated space on my hard drive, any dos and don'ts?: *Party Nothing like that feeling of seeing the data you thought was lost forever. I know how it feels to lose data. I had a drive crash in 2003 that I will never forget. Every picture, song, document, you name it... POOF GONE when a hard drive died. I keep a backup of all...
  10. Will SeaTools for Dos recognize usb hard drives ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Will SeaTools for Dos recognize usb hard drives ?: Trying to run down an issue with my WIN 10 Pro 64bit system. If I run SeaTools for DOS off a CD...all I can get are my sata/ide drives. My problem external drive is a Seagate USB 2T...but none of my usb external drives show up under Seatools for Dos ? Is it me or is this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. seatools for windows 10 sata drives diagnostics