Windows 10: Second hard drive not showing up in windows 10

Discus and support Second hard drive not showing up in windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an asus gl752V it comes with a 1T HDD and 128gb SSD. I got the laptop last week and it comes without windows, only MSDOS installed on the SSD.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Valdi, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Valdi Win User

Second hard drive not showing up in windows 10

I have an asus gl752V it comes with a 1T HDD and 128gb SSD. I got the laptop last week and it comes without windows, only MSDOS installed on the SSD. So I have installed windows 10 on the SSD. Everything was perfect until I found out that the HDD isn't recognized. So I went to disk management and made "new simple volume" then format and then added a letter to the hard drive. Then it had shown up in "This PC". I wanted to change storage directory under System, but unfortunately the HDD doesn't appear in that screen. So I restarted the laptop thinking that changes apply after reboot, but then the HDD disappeared again from "This PC" and to make it show up again I had to do the above once again, but after I reboot it disapears again. Any idea what the problem might be?

:)

Valdi, Nov 12, 2016
  2. cjmurphy1 Win User

Second Hard Drive Not Showing Up after Win 10 Update, the 2nd HDD says "unknown device". The drive does not have a letter and is not initialized

I had the exact same issue. Extra internal drive a no show in device manager. It was in the BIOS. I fixed it by changing the SATA controller. When I reinstalled mobo it was not set to IDE.

cjmurphy1, Nov 12, 2016
  3. Second Hard Drive Not Showing Up after Win 10 Update, the 2nd HDD says "unknown device". The drive does not have a letter and is not initialized

Hello Jerm,

Thank you for updating us with the status of the issue and glad to know that your issue is resolved.

For further assistance related to Windows feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 12, 2016
Thema:

Second hard drive not showing up in windows 10

1. Second hard drive not showing up in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Second hard drive

2. Hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive not showing up: After cleaning my pc, my computer has been facing a lot of hard drive issues. At first my hard drive wasn't showing up in file explorer and disk management, but today it automatically came back. It had a different drive letter and when I opened a file in the drive it woud...
  3. Hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive not showing up: After cleaning my pc, my computer has been facing a lot of hard drive issues. At first my hard drive wasn't showing up in file explorer and disk management, but today it automatically came back. It had a different drive letter and when I opened a file in the drive it woud...
  4. Hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hard Drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive not showing up: I have both an SSD and a HDD. When I go to file explorer only the SSD shows up. In the bios both the HDD and the SSD shows up. The HDD doesnt show up in device manager either. How to I get the HDD to start appearing?...
  6. Hard Drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Drive not showing up: I have both an SSD and a HDD. When I go to file explorer only the SSD shows up. In the bios both the HDD and the SSD shows up. The HDD doesnt show up in device manager either. How to I get the HDD to start appearing?...
  7. Second Hard Drive Not Showing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Second Hard Drive Not Showing: Hello, My computer stopped updating about a year ago, and I knew eventually that it would crash upon itself. Today was that day, and I had to reinstall windows through a USB drive. Now everything works fine. However, I noticed that the second hard drive 1TB does not...
  8. Hard Drive Not Showing Up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive Not Showing Up: Hello, I have a hard drive installed, in a computer I just built, it shows up in my Asus bios and everything but it doesn't show up on my computer devices. It is so weird. Can someone help?...
  9. Hard drive not showing up

Hard drive not showing up: While building a computer I was told that installing the OS on a SSD would lead to a faster boot time than if I Installed it on a hard drive So I recently did the only problem is that now windows isn't acknowledging the hard drive in "This PC". I have tried the following...
  10. Hard Drives not Showing up in Windows 10

Hard Drives not Showing up in Windows 10: Hello, I've just installed 2 hard drives in my Windows 10 PC. The C drive is an SSD and is working fine. There is also an additional 2 drives including a 240GB SSD and a 1TB HDD. As far as I'm aware neither of these are showing up in disk management: [ATTACH]...