Windows 10: Second hard drive occasionally dissapears in Windows 10

Discus and support Second hard drive occasionally dissapears in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Bought a brand new HP Z4 G4 computer and added a brand new Western Digital black 6TB hard drive. After waking computer from sleep it can't see the 6TB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ScottBridge, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Second hard drive occasionally dissapears in Windows 10

Bought a brand new HP Z4 G4 computer and added a brand new Western Digital black 6TB hard drive. After waking computer from sleep it can't see the 6TB hard drive occasionally! Maybe twice a week this happens, but the other 10 times it can see it fine. When it can't see the drive I have to go into Disk Management and click on "Rescan Disks" and it instantly appears and everything if fine for a couple days. Because of the randomness of this issue I wonder if it's not the computer rather than Windows 10. I have all updates installed.

:)

ScottBridge, Aug 7, 2018
  2. nolanhbk Win User

My Hard Drive Dissapeared?

My Hard Drive has always showed up and worked perfectly, although recently it dissapeared. I found an old flashdrive in my house and wanted to check if anything important was on it, but after i ejected it, TONS of my stuff was not working then I realized
    my second hard drive dissapeared. Has this happened to anyone else or is there a fix for this? Thank!

nolanhbk, Aug 7, 2018
  3. little cat, Aug 7, 2018
  4. KBD
    KBD Win User

Second hard drive occasionally dissapears in Windows 10

Cannot access my second hard drive in XP

I just noticed that my second hard drive dissapeared from my computer, i decided to restart the pc hoping it would reappear, it did, however i still can't access it when i try to open it i get the following message: H:\ is not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadeable. BIOS still sees it, when i restart the PC, it lists both of my hard drives and both optical drives, but i can't open it in Windows.

This was preceeded by somewhat strange behavior this morning, my PC would not boot into XP and would freeze after the Windows is loading message, i had to restart several times by pushing the restart button to log on. It was somewhat slow at first but after the next restart was back to normal, and then i noticed the missing second HD. I don't even know if its a hardware or a software issue. Can someone help me with this?

Thema:

Second hard drive occasionally dissapears in Windows 10

1. Second hard drive occasionally dissapears in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Second hard drive

2. Windows 10 will not recognize second hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 will not recognize second hard drive: Although the BIOs sees both the SSD card, which is my boot drive, and a 1TB SATA drive, Windows fails to show in the Explorer. The SSD is a Samsung 970 EVO 500GB drive which replaced the original SATA installed on this Dell XPS 8930.What am I missing?Tom...
  3. Windows 10 will not recognize second hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not recognize second hard drive: Although the BIOs sees both the SSD card, which is my boot drive, and a 1TB SATA drive, Windows fails to show in the Explorer. The SSD is a Samsung 970 EVO 500GB drive which replaced the original SATA installed on this Dell XPS 8930.What am I missing?Tom...
  4. Windows 10 will not recognize second hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Install windows 10 on second hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install windows 10 on second hard drive: If I have a digital key on my hard drive will it let me install windows 10 to my second hard drive or back-up hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-windows-10-on-second-hard-drive/6197a02d-9e44-4af8-8d96-182cd7803e86
  6. Windows 10 Second Hard Drive Disconnects on Restart

Windows 10 Second Hard Drive Disconnects on Restart: I recently purchased a refurbished Dell Optiplex computer with an SSD and a "spinning" hard drive. OS is Windows 10 Pro 1909 build 18363.900, patched current as of today Drive C: - OS is on the SSD along with the swap file. Drive E: - Data files are on the secondary drive....
  7. Second hard drive not recognized

Second hard drive not recognized: Hi, I bought an additional used 2.5" HDD (1TB Toshiba MQ02ABF100) for my desktop which has an ASUS Motherboard ROG Strix B350-I Gaming. Since I already had an external 2.5" drive (512gb Western Digital WD5000BEVT) in a USB caddy, before installing the 1TB in my desktop, I...
  8. Hard drive dissapeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive dissapeared: My in-built hard drive recently vanished after a windows update. I am unable to find it, and I recently ran out of space in my SSD, so I need to put stuff on my hard drive. I have been unable to troubleshoot since you guys removed the devices troubleshooting option. Please...
  9. Recently, Second hard drive occasionally disappears in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recently, Second hard drive occasionally disappears in Windows 10: Have a custom-built computer with SSD and a hard drive for data (Labeled E). Have had no problems for 5 years. I usually leave the computer on for a few days at a time, and restart a couple of times a week. For the past month or so, when I go to the computer in the...
  10. Windows 10 not recognizing my second hard drive.

Windows 10 not recognizing my second hard drive.: I did a clean install from Windows 7 to 10 earlier today. I have a second hard drive with stuff on it (at least 100 GB), and the only other drive besides Local Disk (C:) is System Reserved (D:) (which isn't showing anything in the drive currently.)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp z4 drive dissapears