Windows 10: second monitor and videos

Discus and support second monitor and videos in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So before windows ten I could play wow, swtor, secret world etc.. on my main monitor and watch netflix on my second monitor with no issues. Well after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ScreenMonkey2, Aug 24, 2015.

1. second monitor and videos

So before windows ten I could play wow, swtor, secret world etc.. on my main monitor and watch netflix on my second monitor with no issues. Well after windows 10 the video in my second monitor lags out when i'm in the game am I playing. Now if i click on the video in the second monitor it plays just fine. Its just when i'm actualy on the game. Is this an issue that is happening for more people. Is there something I can check to see what is going on? Very frustrating and want to fix fast.

:)

ScreenMonkey2, Aug 24, 2015
  2. mlg63 Win User

Display settings not available

How is the monitor connected to the computer? You must have a video card or integrated video that supports a second monitor. It has to have a second connection for a second monitor. Post your model computer and model video card. Check the video card's
    web site for the specs.

mlg63, Aug 24, 2015
  3. Windows 10 is not detecting my second monitor after the upgrade.Monitor display is there on boot up, and is listed in device manager, but is not detected when setting up displays.

Windows 10 is not detecting my second monitor after the upgrade. Radeon 4800 video card. Monitor display is there on boot up, and is listed in device manager, but is not detected when setting up displays.

Changing the title

Old title – Dual monitor issue.

New title – Windows 10 is not detecting my second monitor after the upgrade. Radeon 4800 video card. Monitor display is there on boot up, and is listed in device manager, but is not detected when
    setting up displays.

TaylorFeltner, Aug 24, 2015
  4. Lukas Win User

second monitor and videos

Having same issue with windows 10. I have 2 monitors connected with DVI dual link from geforce gtx 970 100me. Anytime I press alt+tab from windowed game to do something in other monitor, my game always starts lagging and huge fps drop. However, I think this is how it works. Computer just process other action and make your game process as "secondary". While backing in main window where gameplay is, computer goes back to your game and process your action as "first". But this is my theory. I wish there is people who know how to fix it I would be very glad. *Smile

Lukas, Aug 24, 2015
  5. Well my game plays just fine its the video on the second monitor that i'm trying to play fine while I play the game.

6. Lukas Win User
    While playing game, your video on second monitor laggs?
    Do your monitors run at different resolutions?
    Have you tried use other browser to watch videos or other software?
    Also if you have Geforce Experience installed, try removing it.

Lukas, Aug 24, 2015
  7. Lukas Win User
    All your drivers are up to date? Because recently a lot of driver update came in.

Lukas, Aug 24, 2015
  8. second monitor and videos

ya I did my geforce experience and got the updated drivers. *Sad

9. Anyone else. tested and apparently i can run the video on the second monitor if i have it on fullscreen but I like to play in windows so i can also browse the internet with out minmizing the game.

ScreenMonkey2, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

second monitor and videos

1. second monitor and videos - Similar Threads - second monitor videos

2. Video and audio out of sync with second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video and audio out of sync with second monitor: Hi and hello, I have recently been having a problem with my video and audio whenever I have my second monitorTV plugged indoesn't need to be turned on via a HDMI cable. Sy browser based video and audio is out of sync, whether that is YouTube, Netflix etcetera, it all has the...
  3. Video and audio out of sync with second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video and audio out of sync with second monitor: Hi and hello, I have recently been having a problem with my video and audio whenever I have my second monitorTV plugged indoesn't need to be turned on via a HDMI cable. Sy browser based video and audio is out of sync, whether that is YouTube, Netflix etcetera, it all has the...
  4. Video lagging on second monitor [Win11]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video lagging on second monitor [Win11]: Hi,I have just built a new PC, with the same two monitors, and when I'm gaming or full-screen working on the main monitor, whatever video playing on the second monitor would lag, sometimes stutter and sometimes 10+secs freeze, regardless of which website or browser. In fact,...
  5. Video lagging on second monitor [Win11]

Video lagging on second monitor [Win11]: Hi,I have just built a new PC, with the same two monitors, and when I'm gaming or full-screen working on the main monitor, whatever video playing on the second monitor would lag, sometimes stutter and sometimes 10+secs freeze, regardless of which website or browser. In fact,...
  6. The second extended monitor can't play videos

The second extended monitor can't play videos: The second extended monitor can't play videos. I use the HDMI - DVI to connect my laptop and the second screen. Everything is fine but the extended screen can't play the videos, no matter where it is, on youtube or on Facebook. It returns black and starts to be jerky. I tried...
  7. The second extended monitor can't play videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The second extended monitor can't play videos: The second extended monitor can't play videos. I use the HDMI - DVI to connect my laptop and the second screen. Everything is fine but the extended screen can't play the videos, no matter where it is, on youtube or on Facebook. It returns black and starts to be jerky. I tried...
  8. The second extended monitor can't play videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Second Monitor issues - There is no second monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second Monitor issues - There is no second monitor: I have had Windows 10 for a while but now for some reason it thinks I have two monitors (which I dont) and when I try to troubleshoot and go through settings, the settings window is now opening on this invisible second monitor.. Anyone know what to do? I'm not that great...
  10. Second Monitor on a R7 240 Video Card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second Monitor on a R7 240 Video Card: Hi All If I was to invest in a Second Monitor, would it work ok with current graphics card I have, AMD Radeon R7 240, or should I wait on adding a second monitor til I get my Rx 470 or 570 graphics card in the way future (money wise not gonna have enough for a while on...