Windows 10: Second monitor black screen.

Discus and support Second monitor black screen. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have tried downloading multiple drivers to solve my monitor issue. I am trying to connect my external monitor. Having a laptop my main display works.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by FilipoPoland, May 11, 2017.

1. Second monitor black screen.

I have tried downloading multiple drivers to solve my monitor issue. I am trying to connect my external monitor. Having a laptop my main display works. My HDMI works correctly because using the same set up has worked with my TV screen. The monitor works fine with the other Windows 10 laptop as well as the other Windows 8.1 laptop. I will be grateful for any solutions. I have also tried multiple driver detection softwares. None of which have actually done anything. I request help, please.

:)

FilipoPoland, May 11, 2017

2. Second monitor is detected but won't visually show anything

So I just recently bought a second monitor and for some reason I can't get it to show anything but a black screen. When I try extended screen I'm able to move my mouse over to the second monitor, the computer recognizes that it's there, the monitor turns
    on, but the monitor just has a black screen and won't show anything. When I turn the monitor on and off it will start on blue like my first monitor, but then will say no signal and just stay orange.

Any suggestions?

Wes Harkins, May 11, 2017
  3. external screen black

I bought a Lenovo Yoga for presenting as a speaker. I have both a usb to vga and mini hdmi to hdmi adaptor to connect to a projector or second monitor. When connecting the vga to a projector I get a black screen on the projector.

If I connect the HDMI to a tv or monitor, same black screen.

The projector works fine with my ipad, but not the lenovo.

I've tried updating the drivers. No change.

Tried various resolutions. no good.

I can detect the second monitor and it shows it connected, but the screen is black.

HELP!

janet fouts, May 11, 2017
  4. Second monitor black screen.

If you go to Settings > System > Display, is it shown? What happens when you select Extend, Windows logo key *Start + P > Extend.

alphanumeric, May 12, 2017
Thema:

Second monitor black screen.

1. Second monitor black screen. - Similar Threads - Second monitor black

2. Second monitor black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor black: Since updating my drivers for my Radeon RX 590, my old dell second monitor is black.When I take out the VGA-cable and Put in back in my screen works for 5 seconds and after that it turns black.I have tried a lot of different solutions, but none worked.Does anyone have a idea...
  3. Second monitor black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second monitor black: Since updating my drivers for my Radeon RX 590, my old dell second monitor is black.When I take out the VGA-cable and Put in back in my screen works for 5 seconds and after that it turns black.I have tried a lot of different solutions, but none worked.Does anyone have a idea...
  4. Second monitor black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Monitor briefly black screening for a few seconds in dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor briefly black screening for a few seconds in dual monitor setup: Recently I went from a single monitor to a dual monitor setup. For the most part things are going fine however something that I have been noticing occurring is that every so often my main display will go black for a few seconds and then come back, and this has been happening...
  6. Monitor briefly black screening for a few seconds in dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor briefly black screening for a few seconds in dual monitor setup: Recently I went from a single monitor to a dual monitor setup. For the most part things are going fine however something that I have been noticing occurring is that every so often my main display will go black for a few seconds and then come back, and this has been happening...
  7. Black screen on second monitor - DistributedCom - 10016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen on second monitor - DistributedCom - 10016: Hi,I have MSI GE72 6QD and ever since I reinstalled my Windows 10 yesterday, sometimes the second monitor that I use as an only monitor looses signal, the laptop does not realise that it has been disconnected the laptop screen stays off, so I guess this is a software issue as...
  8. Second screen with dual monitors randomly goes black

Second screen with dual monitors randomly goes black: Hi everyone; What is happening: I have 2 identical monitors on the Displayports, and the second screen randomly goes black between 1-30minutes for 0.5 - 3 seconds. I got a brand new windows 10 installation without any unnecessary programs. So there is no 3th party tools....
  9. Second monitor turned black

Second monitor turned black: Found a question from 2016 - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware-winpc/second-monitor-turned-black-worked-before/7c059bf0-aa91-49ea-ab13-82fb6a0cf216 have the same problem, but no solution there... Problem: One day i go away from my...
  10. Second monitor showing black screen (10122)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor showing black screen (10122): Hi all, Yesterday I turned my computer off and everything was fine. Today in the morning when I turned it on, my second monitor didn't display anything. I restarted the computer and nothing; I switched the cables positions and then the one that was fine went black and the...