Windows 10: Second Monitor is not Detected in Windows 10

Discus and support Second Monitor is not Detected in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hey so I just got a new computer, before I had windows 7 and everything worked fine. But with my new rig, the second monitor no longer displays. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by lewis742, Jul 1, 2016.

1. lewis742 Win User

Second Monitor is not Detected in Windows 10

Hey so I just got a new computer, before I had windows 7 and everything worked fine. But with my new rig, the second monitor no longer displays. I've done a clean installation of my drivers but still nothing. Also tried windows key and P to select extend but again nothing has changed.
    Please help this is very frustrating.

OS is Windows 10 64 bit
    Graphics card is a Nvidia Geforce GTX 970
    My second monitor is connected by the VGA port

:)

lewis742, Jul 1, 2016

2. How do I add a second monitor to my acer Aspire R14 laptop running Windows 10?

How do I install a second monitor to my laptop running Windows 10. The second monitor is not detected.

ThomasPflomm, Jul 1, 2016
  3. Windows 10 is not detecting my second monitor after the upgrade.Monitor display is there on boot up, and is listed in device manager, but is not detected when setting up displays.

Windows 10 is not detecting my second monitor after the upgrade. Radeon 4800 video card. Monitor display is there on boot up, and is listed in device manager, but is not detected when setting up displays.

Changing the title

Old title – Dual monitor issue.

New title – Windows 10 is not detecting my second monitor after the upgrade. Radeon 4800 video card. Monitor display is there on boot up, and is listed in device manager, but is not detected when
    setting up displays.

TaylorFeltner, Jul 1, 2016
  4. lewis742 Win User

Still having issues, does anyone know how to fix this?

lewis742, Jul 1, 2016
  5. I'm actually experiencing the same problem. I bought a Lenovo Ideacentre 300s 8L and got it up and running. Everything was working properly for a while and I had no problems. Recently I unplugged both monitors to use on my work laptop, and when I plugged them back into my Ideacentre 300s 8L i3, only one of the monitors worked.

I have done a complete system restore to a time before the problem happened. I have tried using "Windows Key + P" to extend my monitor and it still is blank. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. I've restarted the machine with one monitor and tried to plug in the other after everything is up and running. Nothing seems to work. I'm at a complete loss and while it's possible that it's a hardware issue, there seems to be too many people having the same problem with Windows 10 for that.

Favorite414, Jul 6, 2016
  6. Not sure if you are still having this problem, but I was able to solve the issue on Windows 10 with mine. Access your BIOS menus on startup. This is typically done by pressing Function Key, also displayed as "Fn" + F2. This will boot the BIOS menu before Windows loads. Make sure that you have Dual Monitors enabled in the Display category. That worked for me.

Favorite414, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Second Monitor is not Detected in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Second Monitor Detected

2. Second monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor not detected: Split from this thread. I do not have any of these options on my computer. I wish I had never upgraded to Windows 11 this monitor problem has made my working life very difficult. I have to have a laptop open and my pc on so I can open items on 2 screens. Cannot move things...
  3. Second monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second monitor not detected: Split from this thread. I do not have any of these options on my computer. I wish I had never upgraded to Windows 11 this monitor problem has made my working life very difficult. I have to have a laptop open and my pc on so I can open items on 2 screens. Cannot move things...
  4. Second monitor not detected

Second monitor not detected: Split from this thread. I have problem after Windows 11 installation [with second monitor not being detected]. I noticed this after the 22H2 update. I have tried all options above.The same laptop, same hdmi port, same cable works with a brand new ASUS monitor we purchased....
  5. Second monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor not detected: Split from this thread. I have problem after Windows 11 installation [with second monitor not being detected]. I noticed this after the 22H2 update. I have tried all options above.The same laptop, same hdmi port, same cable works with a brand new ASUS monitor we purchased....
  6. Second monitor is not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor is not detected: So I have 2 monitorssame model and one of them when I try to connect to my laptop it's not detected . I have only 1 hdmi port currently waiting for a docking to be deliveredWhat I've tried:1change the cable with one that I know it works2Connect it to a different laptop mac...
  7. Second monitor is not detected

Second monitor is not detected: So I have 2 monitorssame model and one of them when I try to connect to my laptop it's not detected . I have only 1 hdmi port currently waiting for a docking to be deliveredWhat I've tried:1change the cable with one that I know it works2Connect it to a different laptop mac...
  8. Second monitor is not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Second monitor not detected

Second monitor not detected: After a recent update, my external monitor stopped working, and the Display option has vanished from the Control Panel. I did find the settings and Windows 10 does not detect the second monitor. I checked for updates in the Device Manager and Windows Update and both say the...
  10. Second monitor not detected

Second monitor not detected: After upgrade to Windows 10 Pro version 1809 my 2nd monitor is not detected. Updating display drivers for Intel HD graphics 4000 and Nvidia Geforce 710m graphics cards did not solve the problem. Rolled back to version 1803 and everything works fine. My laptop is an Acer...