Windows 10: Second monitor is not registering

Discus and support Second monitor is not registering in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I just bought a second monitor for my desktop. But when I plugged it in, it would not register. I did try configuring in on under control panel and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by pg123098, May 10, 2016.

1. pg123098 Win User

Second monitor is not registering

I just bought a second monitor for my desktop. But when I plugged it in, it would not register. I did try configuring in on under control panel and under display settings. It still wouldn't work after that. Then we asked advice from our local geek squad. They recommended we change the graphics card because the monitor might not have enough space/room for a second monitor. When I replaced my graphics card, went through the updates, and installed the GeForce driver, it still wont recognize that there is a second monitor hooked up?

Please help me *Mad

:)

pg123098, May 10, 2016

2. my second monitor is not working

Hi,

Upon checking, the case number you gave us is still in process. This means that our higher management is still working on it. To know when you'll be receiving updates, we suggest that you get in touch with
    Microsoft Answer Desk.

Do not hesitate to let us know if you need more help.

Best Regards.

Lizette Ags, May 10, 2016
  3. my second monitor is not working

I have been on hold for the 2nd escalation team for 28 minutes....

my case number is ***Case number is removed by the Forum Moderator for security purposes.***

Holy Cow! since the last update to windows 10, everything is a mess.

please help,

Windows update

KB4038788

Don’t let this up date…it is a bad update and you will loose all communications with your second computer...

BRADBEAUCHAMP, May 10, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

How did you connect it ?

CountMike, May 10, 2016
Thema:

1. Second monitor is not registering - Similar Threads - Second monitor registering

2. 2023 Windows 10 - iiyama ProLite as a second monitor/touchscreen wrong registering.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2023 Windows 10 - iiyama ProLite as a second monitor/touchscreen wrong registering.: Trying to work on last version of Windows 10 on a dual monitor system. LG 4k primary and little support iiyama t1531 touch screen. When I tap the touch screen, the touch is registered on the main LG monitor, not the one I touched. I've found, my monitors are both generic pnp...
  3. 2023 Windows 10 - iiyama ProLite as a second monitor/touchscreen wrong registering.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2023 Windows 10 - iiyama ProLite as a second monitor/touchscreen wrong registering.: Trying to work on last version of Windows 10 on a dual monitor system. LG 4k primary and little support iiyama t1531 touch screen. When I tap the touch screen, the touch is registered on the main LG monitor, not the one I touched. I've found, my monitors are both generic pnp...
  4. 2023 Windows 10 - iiyama ProLite as a second monitor/touchscreen wrong registering.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Second Monitor: Why when i tab out the things are on my secondary monitor. aswell when i launch my games its goes to my secondary monitor and the taskbar is on my secondary monitor. How do i change it so that everything would be on my primary...
  6. Second Monitor issues - There is no second monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second Monitor issues - There is no second monitor: I have had Windows 10 for a while but now for some reason it thinks I have two monitors (which I dont) and when I try to troubleshoot and go through settings, the settings window is now opening on this invisible second monitor.. Anyone know what to do? I'm not that great...
  7. Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Second Monitor: using a second monitor the app font-size is so small I can hardly read it. How can I change the app font-size on the second monitor with also changing the host PC. Second monitor is by Virzen....
  8. Laptop won't register second monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop won't register second monitor: Hi, this is my first post to this subreddit and I'm not even sure I'm in the right place. At my desk, I have my laptop (An Asus ROG Strix, if that matters) and my monitor (A Sharp Aquos, again, if that matters), connect by a simple HDMI cable. I've never had trouble before...
  9. second monitor

second monitor: hp laptop wont connect to second screan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-monitor/673a9e9f-730c-42c1-855a-a35251f3fe41
  10. second monitor

second monitor: does not detect second monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-monitor/656e1bb1-f609-495a-9a68-65984e9a9f85