Windows 10: Second monitor showing white

Discus and support Second monitor showing white in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, new user here. I have a double monitor setup as an extended desktop. It's worked great for several years, no issues. As of yesterday, the 2nd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by NeelModi, Jul 10, 2017.

1. NeelModi Win User

Second monitor showing white

Hi, new user here. I have a double monitor setup as an extended desktop. It's worked great for several years, no issues. As of yesterday, the 2nd monitor only shows solid white. The monitor shows it's receiving a signal by the colour on the power switch LED. If I switch display settings to monitor 1 only, monitor 2 goes to sleep as expected, but whenever I try to use monitor 2 as primary or extended or clone of monitor 1, it only shows solid white.Device manager shows the monitor (Generic PnP Monitor), so windows knows it's there. Yesterday I got it to work OK by switching to use Monitor 1 only and then back to Extended mode. But when I put the PC to sleep and came back, it reverted to only white on Monitor 2.I tried to plug Monitor 2 into my laptop as a projector, and it wouldn't work - again, only solid white.Plugged back into the desktop and it's working OK in Extended mode.

Next morning, woke up the PC and again, showing white.

Any ideas how to troubleshoot this?

UPDATE: just tried to switch it off, then on again. This didn't do anything yesterday, but today it fixed the problem. This is getting really random.

Thanks!

Neel

:)

NeelModi, Jul 10, 2017

2. Monitor

How can I test a monitor on my Desktop- The power light comes white and turns amber within seconds??

georgefrtsch, Jul 10, 2017
  3. CBurg2 Win User
    monitor only shows black & white - no color.

Suddenly after update, my monitor only shows black & white - no color.

CBurg2, Jul 10, 2017
Thema:

Second monitor showing white

1. Second monitor showing white - Similar Threads - Second monitor showing

2. second monitor showing white screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    second monitor showing white screen: second monitor showing white screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-monitor-showing-white-screen/c47e452b-6d4a-42bf-ad5e-8f826ad6b1ca
  3. second monitor showing white screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    second monitor showing white screen: second monitor showing white screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-monitor-showing-white-screen/c47e452b-6d4a-42bf-ad5e-8f826ad6b1ca
  4. second monitor showing white screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. my custom cursor is too white on second monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    my custom cursor is too white on second monitor: as my caption, my cursor is more white on second monitor but its turn normal when move to 1st monitor and back to whiter when back to 2nd monitor, like , its some white filter just for cursor on 2nd monitor . Actually its fixed when i turn on pointer trails , but i dont want...
  6. my custom cursor is too white on second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my custom cursor is too white on second monitor: as my caption, my cursor is more white on second monitor but its turn normal when move to 1st monitor and back to whiter when back to 2nd monitor, like , its some white filter just for cursor on 2nd monitor . Actually its fixed when i turn on pointer trails , but i dont want...
  7. my custom cursor is too white on second monitor

8. Slide show on second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slide show on second monitor: So I have 2 monitor and I was to put a slideshow of photos on the second one only. I don't have PowerPoint and don't think I can get it. I believe I'm on a windows 10 pro version 21H2 and I normally use photo viewer for the slideshow of photos. I know the trick of holding...
  9. Slide show on second monitor

Slide show on second monitor: So I have 2 monitor and I was to put a slideshow of photos on the second one only. I don't have PowerPoint and don't think I can get it. I believe I'm on a windows 10 pro version 21H2 and I normally use photo viewer for the slideshow of photos. I know the trick of holding...
  10. Second monitor is showing the same as the first

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor is showing the same as the first: Hello guys I have been using two of the same monitors for about 1 year now, and it worked fine. But i wanted to change my resolution for windows. After trying it in the AMD Radeon Software Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 580, i told me that the resolution i want 1750x1080, is not...