Windows 10: Second monitor shows up in BIOS and Device Manager but not Windows

Discus and support Second monitor shows up in BIOS and Device Manager but not Windows in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, So I have a dual-monitor setup hooked up to my port replicator for my Dell E7240. I have my main monitor hooked up with a DVI cable and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by SnoopKatt, Sep 15, 2015.

1. SnoopKatt Win User

Second monitor shows up in BIOS and Device Manager but not Windows

Hi,

So I have a dual-monitor setup hooked up to my port replicator for my Dell E7240. I have my main monitor hooked up with a DVI cable and my second monitor hooked up with a DisplayPort (from the port replicator) to HDMI (on the monitor) cable. This setup has worked fine over the past year, and I didn't have an issue with it on Windows 10 up until today. Now, I only see an image on the monitor in the BIOS and the Windows 10 startup screen (duplicated on both screens), but once I get to the login screen, the monitor does not detect a signal. I've reconnected the cable, attached/detached the laptop, and updated to the latest Intel HD 4400 drivers from Intel's site. The other interesting thing is that although there is no picture, it detects both monitors in the Device Manager. I'm pretty confused why this stopped working as I haven't changed anything. Any ideas?

Thanks!

EDIT: Fixed it by searching a little deeper (kinda tricky when everyone words it differently :/ ) and hitting the Windows key + P and clicking "Extend" brought it back!

:)

SnoopKatt, Sep 15, 2015
  2. kittiping Win User

How to add multiple monitors to your Windows 10 PC

That's a lovely helpful article that completely fails to mention how you get windows to recognise the second monitor in the first place, mine just says 'second monitor not detected' I've been through the forum and the bios and the device manager setting
    and the drivers and I cannot get it to stop being another screen showing the same thing. Why doesn't it detect it? I'm on a splitter, Dell desktop with only standard video, no extra graphics card trying to hook up a Dell and a Samsung monitor

kittiping, Sep 15, 2015
  3. Second Monitor going to sleep on Windows 10 boot

Ok, i have a problem here. Got a second monitor other day, trying to get it to work. Main monitor is hooked up to radeon 390 (with latest 17.3.1 drivers) and working fine. Second monitor is not showing up anywhere. When i boot the PC, shows the Asus and
    windows loading screen's and then goes into sleep mode. Not being picked up by windows in the device manager or anywhere else. No warnings in the device manager , second monitor is connected by a DVI-D cable, tested monitor on another pc, working fine, no
    sleep mode or anything.

Running Windows 10 x64 Pro, version 1607, build 14393.693

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Feleguaron, Sep 15, 2015
Thema:

Second monitor shows up in BIOS and Device Manager but not Windows

1. Second monitor shows up in BIOS and Device Manager but not Windows - Similar Threads - Second monitor shows

2. internal hard drive shows up in bios and device manager but NOT in diskmanager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    internal hard drive shows up in bios and device manager but NOT in diskmanager: Got a seagate barracuda 4 TB internal drive for my old DELL Inspiron 3847. I have tried updating every possible driver with help of DELL support assist/windows update and Intel but only get this depressing message from DM:"Device...
  3. internal hard drive shows up in bios and device manager but NOT in diskmanager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internal hard drive shows up in bios and device manager but NOT in diskmanager: Got a seagate barracuda 4 TB internal drive for my old DELL Inspiron 3847. I have tried updating every possible driver with help of DELL support assist/windows update and Intel but only get this depressing message from DM:"Device...
  4. internal hard drive shows up in bios and device manager but NOT in diskmanager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows boot manager not showing up in bios/uefi

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows boot manager not showing up in bios/uefi: im guessing since i have windows installed on my sdd i should have windows boot manager show up in my uefi/bios boot options right? it doesnt. i have windows installed on another sdd too and when i put that sdd into my pc and open bios, i have windows boot manager for it, so...
  6. Windows Boot Manager Doesn't Show Up In BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Boot Manager Doesn't Show Up In BIOS: Windows Boot Manager Doesn't Show Up In BIOS And Still Boots. Is It Fine? Is It Something To Be Worried About? Should I Backup All Data Now? submitted by /u/PalPalash [link] [comments]...
  7. Second HDD showing up in BIOS and Device Management, but not in Disk Management

Second HDD showing up in BIOS and Device Management, but not in Disk Management: Hello! First of all about my config Lenovo Y720-15IKB OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB Motherboard: Intel H170 ITX KBL-S( I believe, the system doesnt say it, I looked up on the internet) BIOS version/date: LENOVO 4GCN31WW, 2017. 09. 27. SSD: Kingston...
  8. hard drive shows up in device manager and bios but not in disk management windows 10

hard drive shows up in device manager and bios but not in disk management windows 10: I have been fighting with this for 2 days now and want to share my answer in case it ever happens to anyone else. I have a new HP computer, Well a refurbished but new to me. I moved my 2 year old 1 TB hard drives over to the new HP. Saw that I could have a mirrored drive and...
  9. Second SATA drive showing in BIOS but not Device Manager

Second SATA drive showing in BIOS but not Device Manager: I've just added a 2nd HD to my Dell system with Win 10. It shows in the BIOS and Seagate tools finds it. It does not show up in Device manager or Computer Management/Storage - Disc Management or anywhere. Not sure if this si Won 10 specific. Anyone else seen this or has any...
  10. Windows 10 Boot Manager Not Showing Up in BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Boot Manager Not Showing Up in BIOS: So I recently dual booted with Windows 10 and Ubuntu. I decided that I don't want Ubuntu at all anymore. I booted up my computer, was taken to the grub menu like usual, and I booted up using the Windows 10 Boot Manager. After that, I signed in, searched up disk management,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. second monitor only shows bios

2. monitor showing in device manager but not working

3. second monitor not showing up in device manager

4. 2nd monitor not showing up in device manager