Windows 10: Second monitor suddenly stopped working

Discus and support Second monitor suddenly stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I booted up my computer this morning and the second monitor just showed up as a black screen. It's been working perfectly the past few months, and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by x.Amazon, Jul 5, 2018.

1. x.Amazon Win User

Second monitor suddenly stopped working

I booted up my computer this morning and the second monitor just showed up as a black screen. It's been working perfectly the past few months, and I have no idea what caused this issue as I didn't change or update anything on my computer. How do I fix this?

:)

x.Amazon, Jul 5, 2018

2. My second monitor stopped working

My second monitor stopped working tonight. When I reboot the PC both monitors work, I see the start up screens on both but when Windows gets to the log in screen, the second monitor turns off. I have verified both DVi cables are working as I can switch
    them back and forth and both monitors work with the main cable. I have looked at the Device Settings and the second monitor doesn't show up nor can it be detected after boot up. Its been working fine for years and I have done nothing different tp the settings.
    It just stopped.

SHERICEMANSFIELD, Jul 5, 2018
  3. I accidentally hit the update button instead of postpone and now my second monitor does not work.

Hello,

I suggest you to unplug the cable from the monitor and connect to the second monitor, and check if it works.

Also, suggest you to follow the below steps, and check if it helps.
    1. Press Windows + X, and select Device manager.
    2. Check if the second monitor is listed under Monitor.

Also, recommend you to refer below link answered by

KelvinNikkel , and check if it helps in resolving the issue.
    Why Does My Second Monitor Not Work With The Windows 10 Update?

Do let us know with the update of the issue.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Jul 5, 2018
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Dual Monitors Suddenly Stopped Working

Hi,

For better assistance, please provide the following information:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried using a different monitor on the same computer?
    • Have you tried using the same monitor on different computer?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Second monitor suddenly stopped working - Similar Threads - Second monitor suddenly

2. External monitor stopped working suddenly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External monitor stopped working suddenly: I have been using an external monitor with my Lenovo laptop. Today it suddenly stopped working. I have tried the following:- connected the monitor and the laptop with an HDMI cable does not work- connected the monitor to docking station, which is connected to the laptop does...
  3. Second monitor suddenly stopped working, now gives me "No Signal"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor suddenly stopped working, now gives me "No Signal": I'm using an Acer Predator Helios 300 with Windows 10 on it, and I keep a second monitor an LG TV connected to it at all times. One day, right after I turned on the computer, it started showing me a "No Signal" message on the TV screen, despite the fact that the computer...
  4. Second monitor suddenly stopped working, now gives me "No Signal"

Second monitor suddenly stopped working, now gives me "No Signal": I'm using an Acer Predator Helios 300 with Windows 10 on it, and I keep a second monitor an LG TV connected to it at all times. One day, right after I turned on the computer, it started showing me a "No Signal" message on the TV screen, despite the fact that the computer...
  5. Second monitor suddenly stopped working, now gives me "No Signal"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Second monitor stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor stopped working: I have an second monitor which suddenly stopped working. The scond monitor is detected but displays "HDMI no signal"I have:- updated the display adapter driver from manufacturer Dell - no change- tried the HDMI cable on multiple devices - cable works- hooked up the monitor to...
  7. Second monitor stopped working

Second monitor stopped working: I have an second monitor which suddenly stopped working. The scond monitor is detected but displays "HDMI no signal"I have:- updated the display adapter driver from manufacturer Dell - no change- tried the HDMI cable on multiple devices - cable works- hooked up the monitor to...
  8. Second monitor suddenly stops being recognized.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Second monitor suddenly stops being recognized.: My Dell laptop has being giving me a lot of trouble starting past week. I work with my laptop and a second monitor connected via HDMI. The problem is that my laptop suddenly stops recognizing the second monitor just in the middle of when I'm working. My screen will first...
  9. second monitor stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    second monitor stopped working: second monitor stopped working after windows 10 update??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-monitor-stopped-working/e5291440-ff87-4ee6-916e-b918210a6654
  10. Second Monitor suddenly not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Second Monitor suddenly not working: Hi - Suddenly my main Monitor (LG23EA53-DVI connected) has stopped working and the screen reverted to my older Syncmaster (710N - VGA). I have followed all the solutions in your forum using Device Manager, even deleting the driver for the Intel (R) HD Grapics 4600 driver and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. second monitor suddenly stopped working

2. second monitor stopped working

3. windows second monitor suddenly stopped working

4. 2nd display suddenly stopped working windows 10