Windows 10: Second monitor, wrong resolution

Discus and support Second monitor, wrong resolution in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; for a while, I've been using a Dell E248WFPb (native 1920x1200) connected via VGA on my Dell Optiplex 7040 Micro successfully at it's native... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dukeofurl, Jun 11, 2018.

1. dukeofurl Win User

Second monitor, wrong resolution

for a while, I've been using a Dell E248WFPb (native 1920x1200) connected via VGA on my Dell Optiplex 7040 Micro successfully at it's native resolution. But I just moved the computer to another room, and now that same monitor is a second monitor to a Samsung 2343 (native 2048x1152) connected via DVI to HDMI adapter. The Samsung monitor runs great, native resolution and everything. But the Dell E248WFPb which is now a second monitor, I can't get to go to native resolution. Help!

:)

dukeofurl, Jun 11, 2018

2. second monitor resolution

Everything worked great until I moved my computer. Now, I can not change the resolution on my second monitor. I am using

Windows 10. The resolution bar, only on monitor #2, is greyed out. I tried switching the monitors but either one is stilled greyed out when used as #2. Monitor #1's resolution can be changed , no problem.

Paul m Stark, Jun 12, 2018
  3. Monitor resolution

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with screen resolution. I will try to help you in fixing the issue.

To help you suggest more steps to resolve the issue, I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

What exactly happens when you try to change the screen resolution? Do you get any error message?

The recommended resolution on windows 10 is 1920 x 1080. Change the resolution to 1920 x 1080 and check.

The reason why your display was stretched sideways is because the resolution was in-corrected.

Here are the steps to change the screen resolution:

• Right Click the Desktop and select
      Screen Resolution.
    • Click the Make text and other items larger or smaller link.
    • In the Change only the text size section click the
      drop down menu
      to select the items you want to change.
    Hope the information was helpful

Nachappa C K, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

Second monitor, wrong resolution

1. Second monitor, wrong resolution - Similar Threads - Second monitor wrong

2. Wrong resolution recommendation on 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong resolution recommendation on 2nd monitor: Hi community,Couple of days ago I decided to upgrade to windows 11 and now my 2nd monitor resolution decided not to work. I'm using a Dell Latitude 5520 and since it only has one HDMI connector I'm using 2 monitors without the laptop's screen the 2nd monitor is connected with...
  3. Wrong resolution recommendation on 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong resolution recommendation on 2nd monitor: Hi community,Couple of days ago I decided to upgrade to windows 11 and now my 2nd monitor resolution decided not to work. I'm using a Dell Latitude 5520 and since it only has one HDMI connector I'm using 2 monitors without the laptop's screen the 2nd monitor is connected with...
  4. Second monitor has a weird resolution now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second monitor has a weird resolution now: So i have a monitor which i've used with an older computer for quite a while. But today, i decided to use my monitor with my laptop. For some reason, when i use my monitor with my computer, it's recommended resolution is 1920x1080, which looks just fine.But when i use my...
  5. Second monitor resolution issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Second monitor resolution issues: Hi, I have a problem with the resolution of my second monitor. I work with two monitors which I switch between occasionally, but I can't seem to find the right resolution for either one. The first monitor is pioneer PDP-lx5090, and the second monitor is a sony kdl-32w705b. My...
  6. One of my monitors displays the wrong resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    One of my monitors displays the wrong resolution: I've got a laptop running Windows 10, and use the laptop monitor plus two external monitors, one via HDMI and another via VGA port. This has worked fine for years without any hardware changes. Recently when I come out of sleep, one of the monitors is displaying the wrong...
  7. Changing resolution in second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing resolution in second monitor: I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell XPS15 laptop. I have hooked up a second monitor, and I get the "Input Not Supported" message on the second monitor an older Acer monitor. I believe I can get rid of it by changing the resolution on the second monitor, but I can't figure out...
  8. Second monitor has wrong resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor has wrong resolution: for a while, I've been using a Dell E248WFPb (native 1920x1200) connected via VGA on my Dell Optiplex 7040 Micro successfully at it's native resolution. But I just moved the computer to another room, and now that same monitor is a second monitor to a Samsung 2343 (native...
  9. Cannot change the resolution of the second monitor

Cannot change the resolution of the second monitor: Dear forum users, I have a Lenovo Thinkpad X200 tablet computer with Windows 10 in use. I usually use two monitors (including the screen from the computer itself) which work fine normally. Sometimes, after I connect the computer to a project to give a presentation, then...
  10. Resolution of second monitor messed up after resolution change

Resolution of second monitor messed up after resolution change: I changed the resolution of my second monitor (Emmrson 19" TV, my first monitor is a BenQ 27") and now it no longer fits on the screen, even if I put it back to the resolution it was in before. I have tried to change the scaling on it but that didn't work. Also, as soon as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. second display screen size wrong

2. i linked to a different monitor and now my resolution is wrong

3. tv as second monitois the wrong size

4. second monitor screen resolution wrong,
  5. monitor is the wrong resolution