Windows 10: Second odd Vlc Media Player Question?

Discus and support Second odd Vlc Media Player Question? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; First of all I know there's a way to change program icons such as firefox all you do is right click shortcut change icon. Simple. I would guess its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dawnrenee1988, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Second odd Vlc Media Player Question?

First of all I know there's a way to change program icons such as firefox all you do is right click shortcut change icon. Simple.

I would guess its the same way for vlc media player. But here's the odd question part.

Is it possible to have 1 program with 2 different icons.

For example if I use vlc to play .mp3 files and have a cute headphones icon and want the media player to have the headphones icon while playing .mp3 files and then have a different icon for the vlc media player for playing video in .mp4 and .flv files. So all audio file will have the headphones icon for the player itself not the file type icons same for video file types like .mp4 and .flv.

Like I said its a odd question.

For example if I used vlc for the audio .mp3 files and used the headphones icon that would be fine but then I would need a different player for the videos then I could use my video icon. For the player.

If you have windows 10 and are playing vlc media player there would be a orange cone on the bottom with a line under it. I would like to know if I can switch the orange icon to a set of headphones for playing 1 file type and have it show a different kind of icon for videos.

Like I previously stated its a odd question. hope someone can help me with it though. Plus if I can't do this with just the vlc media player please suggest a second free player.

:)

dawnrenee1988, Oct 14, 2015
  2. Joal_o Win User

Video playback freezes Windows 10

I'm also having this problem. Video freezes for several seconds while audio continues to play.

Solution: install Media Player Classic Home Cinema

What's funny is that a free, open-source video player works far better than Microsoft's junk. Media Player Classic Home Cinema is an excellent media player; better than VLC, in my opinion. I haven't yet tested VLC to see whether it suffers from the problem.

Joal_o, Oct 14, 2015
  3. Windows DVD crashing

Uninstall the windows dvd player app then install it again... if it doesn't help then I would suggest you to install VLC Media Player. It can play DVD Movies very well and its free to

dowload
    and install.

http://get.videolan.org/vlc/2.2.4/win32/vlc-2.2.4-win32.exe

Click on the link and download will start in a few seconds.

Dhruv Nath, Oct 14, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Second odd Vlc Media Player Question?

Hi, launching a program from a shortcut is one thing- you can easily change the icons for shortcuts and have more than one shortcut with different icons. But I presume you're talking about the icon displayed on the taskbar whilst sthg is being played?

I would think the only way to change that would be 'Resource Hacker' and you'd have to change the icon in the program's executable file. Really not worth the effort, and would be replaced on any program update.

dalchina, Oct 14, 2015
Thema:

Second odd Vlc Media Player Question?

1. Second odd Vlc Media Player Question? - Similar Threads - Second odd Vlc

2. VLC media player problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VLC media player problem: When i was using vlc i clicked media and then open network stream and i pasted my link in this is my link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e6bTjpTmkA and it said this Your input can't be opened: VLC is unable to open the MRL...
  3. Issues with VLC Media Player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues with VLC Media Player: I use VLC Media Player for watching .mkv file formats but there is now an issue occurring and has occurred many times now. The player seems to be unresponsive after it glitches, the video and audio continue but my mouse clicks and keyboard commands seem to be unresponsive....
  4. VLC media player Privacy

VLC media player Privacy: Hello, I don't want to share any info with videolan, when using VLC media player latest version, what options do I have to uncheck to avoid send them any information about my system or something else... I only found one option only, is there more option to uncheck? Also...
  5. VLC media player Privacy

in Windows 10 Support
    VLC media player Privacy: Hello, I don't want to share any info with videolan, when using VLC media player latest version, what options do I have to uncheck to avoid send them any information about my system or something else... I only found one option only, is there more option to uncheck? Also...
  6. VLC Media player

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    VLC Media player: why won't my VTS_01_1.VOB file play in VLC Media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vlc-media-player/d7a3507c-2beb-43dd-99ce-3e3a566e886d"
  7. VLC Media Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VLC Media Player: Have been using VLC Media Player to play DVD's, but now it doesn't recognize that there is a DVD in the drive. Drive will play CD's but doesn't recognize DVD's. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vlc-media-player/5e2d37b9-cb75-445b-bfa8-8f0a943ba752
  8. VLC Media Player

VLC Media Player: How do I safely Uninstall VLC Media Player from Win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_news/vlc-media-player/f6e14894-efaa-4b54-af55-95393646f2d0
  9. VLC Media Player

VLC Media Player: Using this 3rd party player in windows10 ,seems like a good player for DVD's. The only problem I'm having is it will not play the previews on a dvd? Does anyone use this player and is it possible to play the previews. 32620
  10. VLC Media Player Question?

VLC Media Player Question?: Ok I know its a lot harder to change file type icons in windows 10 then in other versions of windows like the 8 or 8.1. So I was wondering if its possible to just change the file types for a specific program or through the program. For example I'm using the vlc media...