Windows 10: Second Opinion Scanner

Discus and support Second Opinion Scanner in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi guys, can i know which is the best second opinion scanner currently? malwarebyte or zemana? For av, i use windows 10 built in Windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by janice1234, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Second Opinion Scanner

Hi guys, can i know which is the best second opinion scanner currently?

malwarebyte or zemana?

For av, i use windows 10 built in Windows Defender, so far ok.

Thanks. *Smile

:)

janice1234, Mar 15, 2018
  2. XP ROCKS. Win User

Bluescreen tcpip.sys/ BAD_POOL_HEADER

Actually, MBAM is conflicting with WD (Windows Defender). If you downgrade MBAM to the free version, you can keep it in conjunction with WD to use as a second opinion, backup scanner.

XP ROCKS., Mar 15, 2018
  3. I know there is a virus on my computer, but my antivirus(McAfee) can not see/identify the virus.

You can always supplement your anti-virus or get a second opinion by performing an

Online Virus Scan
    .....ESET is one of the more effective online scanners.

quietman7 - MVP, Mar 15, 2018
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

Second Opinion Scanner

Why not running both, one after another? Thus, you have a third opinion.

eLPuSHeR, Mar 16, 2018
  5. swarfega Win User
    Many of us on this forum use Defender along with Malwarebytes, either as paid or on demand free version.

Zemana and Emsisoft Anti-Malware are both good alternatives.

swarfega, Mar 16, 2018
  6. Bastet Win User
    MalwareBytes, Eset online scanner & AdwCleaner are the ones I use - MBAM pro & the other two as on-demand scanners once in a while.

Bastet, Mar 16, 2018
  7. HitmanPro (Kaspersky + Bitdefender + Sophos + own) set to scan at startup daily, but free version only scans.

Zemana bought HitmanPro 1 engine and rebranded it, Emsisoft uses Bitdefender + own.

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Second Opinion Scanner

1. Second Opinion Scanner - Similar Threads - Second Opinion Scanner

2. Just an Opinion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just an Opinion: 1. The new Start menu in Windows 11 really sucks. It's just a jumble of icons and finding what I want takes too much time. In Windows 10, I could categorize my applications into those that belonged to office work, the system, personal, utilities, arts, etc. and so when I...
  3. Just an Opinion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just an Opinion: 1. The new Start menu in Windows 11 really sucks. It's just a jumble of icons and finding what I want takes too much time. In Windows 10, I could categorize my applications into those that belonged to office work, the system, personal, utilities, arts, etc. and so when I...
  4. Your opinion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your opinion: Is this ok for me? I need your opinion about these specs and advice, I have a tight budget, I can't be near to $2,000. To be honest, I need a new PC for Windows 11, Google Meet, Zoom, Youtube and Minecraft.Edit: Total:...
  5. Your opinion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your opinion: Is this ok for me? I need your opinion about these specs and advice, I have a tight budget, I can't be near to $2,000. To be honest, I need a new PC for Windows 11, Google Meet, Zoom, Youtube and Minecraft.Edit: Total:...
  6. Opinions on this PS

in Windows 10 Support
    Opinions on this PS: I'm looking for something in this price range for my second computer. It's just used for mostly just browsing the internet. It will just be using the graphics built in to the intel i5-4670k processor the motherboard is an Asus Z 87A and it has 4 gigs of Gskill ram. I'm...
  7. Second opinion on random crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Second opinion on random crashes: My laptop has been crashing randomly. Since a new crash with the stop code "Thread stuck in device driver" just occured, I want someone to check the new dump files :- https://drive.google.com/open?id=18iutJzHjUblUINLMMRqivtFKipvJiUSm Your help would be much appreciated....
  8. Second opinion on Video Driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second opinion on Video Driver: Hi All: I updated from Win 7 Pro 64 to Win 10 Pro 64. On install, Win 10 found that my nVidia driver was out of date, and it stated it may give me problems later. (actually it's not all that bad. Fonts are larger and resolution low, but it will do till I find a driver)....
  9. Russian characters in programs installed. Would like a second opinion

in Windows 10 Support
    Russian characters in programs installed. Would like a second opinion: I'm running Windows 10 on Bootcamp. THis is a work computer. So almost all program installed are work related. So while installing one of these programs, I remember a prompt window saying that i needed to install .NET package. Without hesitating, i agreed. Now while looking...
  10. Opinions

in Windows 10 Support
    Opinions: On the positive side so much of W10 Preview is an improvement on previous M$ iterations. On the negative side Favourites in Edge is a minefield to set up. All laid out in alphabetical order after being transferred from IE, they can be rearranged to your preferred order as...