Windows 10: Second SATA drive showing in BIOS but not Device Manager

Discus and support Second SATA drive showing in BIOS but not Device Manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've just added a 2nd HD to my Dell system with Win 10. It shows in the BIOS and Seagate tools finds it. It does not show up in Device manager or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DaiB, Aug 16, 2015.

1. DaiB Win User

Second SATA drive showing in BIOS but not Device Manager

I've just added a 2nd HD to my Dell system with Win 10. It shows in the BIOS and Seagate tools finds it. It does not show up in Device manager or Computer Management/Storage - Disc Management or anywhere. Not sure if this si Won 10 specific. Anyone else seen this or has any suggestions?

:)

2. Additional hard drive in Windows 10

I built a new computer with a 120GB SSD SATA 3 drive and a 1TB conventional SATA 3 drive. The bios shows both. Device Manager shows both. Explorer only shows the SSD. I can't access the 1TB drive. How do I make this drive available? Both drives are new,
    never been installed in any other computer.

Fire Child 99, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Windows 10 will not allow updating Bios by flashing

This Utah Dude again.

In "Safe Mode" I made some progress. The new hard drive now appears in the "Bios" and in the "Device Manager"; however, it does not show in "File Explorer" under "This PC".

It is not the "Master", it is the Slave Hard Drive.

In the Bios it would not install in SATA 1 but it did install in SATA 2, The Master is installed in "0"

Professor Hester, Aug 16, 2015
  4. Harpert Win User

It is possible that the drive is formatted by a system that windows can't recognise?
    It would also be possible that it formarly was part of a RAID array and that Windows can't recognize also

Make sure the extra HD has not been used by Linux or similar
    Or.... try to add it as an external drive
    Some drives have no low level format and come with software to partition the drive before it can be read by Windows at all

Good luck

Harpert, Aug 16, 2015
  5. DaiB Win User
    Thanks, interestingly I have tried it with two different drives that came from Windows XP Dell systems that I had managed and used NTFS so they should have just appeared and worked. They both had error warnings from Dell PC Checkup despite working 'OK' so I replaced them.

DaiB, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Second SATA drive showing in BIOS but not Device Manager - Similar Threads - Second SATA drive

2. internal hard drive shows up in bios and device manager but NOT in diskmanager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    internal hard drive shows up in bios and device manager but NOT in diskmanager: Got a seagate barracuda 4 TB internal drive for my old DELL Inspiron 3847. I have tried updating every possible driver with help of DELL support assist/windows update and Intel but only get this depressing message from DM:"Device...
  3. internal hard drive shows up in bios and device manager but NOT in diskmanager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internal hard drive shows up in bios and device manager but NOT in diskmanager: Got a seagate barracuda 4 TB internal drive for my old DELL Inspiron 3847. I have tried updating every possible driver with help of DELL support assist/windows update and Intel but only get this depressing message from DM:"Device...
  4. internal hard drive shows up in bios and device manager but NOT in diskmanager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. SATA Drive missing after windows 11 update. Shows in Bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SATA Drive missing after windows 11 update. Shows in Bios: Sata drive missing after update. only my m.2 drives show. Comes up in BIOS but not in disk management or device manager. Not sure if related to 2 missing raid drivers in device manager, every time I update I get bluescreen....
  6. Second HDD showing up in BIOS and Device Management, but not in Disk Management

Second HDD showing up in BIOS and Device Management, but not in Disk Management: Hello! First of all about my config Lenovo Y720-15IKB OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB Motherboard: Intel H170 ITX KBL-S( I believe, the system doesnt say it, I looked up on the internet) BIOS version/date: LENOVO 4GCN31WW, 2017. 09. 27. SSD: Kingston...
  7. hard drive shows up in device manager and bios but not in disk management windows 10

hard drive shows up in device manager and bios but not in disk management windows 10: I have been fighting with this for 2 days now and want to share my answer in case it ever happens to anyone else. I have a new HP computer, Well a refurbished but new to me. I moved my 2 year old 1 TB hard drives over to the new HP. Saw that I could have a mirrored drive and...
  8. Hard drive does not show in bios or disk managent but does show in device manager and...

Hard drive does not show in bios or disk managent but does show in device manager and...: I recently bought a pc with a 1tb hard drive and 120gb ssd. I'm able to see my hard drive in storage spaces and device manager but I cannot able to access it in the bios or the devices and drives or in disk management. How can I fix this issue and get the hard drive to...
  9. Internal SATA drive show on Device Manager But not on Explorer listing

Internal SATA drive show on Device Manager But not on Explorer listing: I used up all the allowed space in the title there - couldn't put a question mark on the end. *Smile Wonder why I can't see the WD hard drive I just hooked up to a SATA port on my H170 board? There are currently two seagate drive SATA connected and the DVD drive. And an...
  10. Second monitor shows up in BIOS and Device Manager but not Windows

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor shows up in BIOS and Device Manager but not Windows: Hi, So I have a dual-monitor setup hooked up to my port replicator for my Dell E7240. I have my main monitor hooked up with a DVI cable and my second monitor hooked up with a DisplayPort (from the port replicator) to HDMI (on the monitor) cable. This setup has worked fine...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hard drive shows in bios but not windows device manager

2. sata disk seen on bios not computer

3. drive shows in bios but not in device manager

4. sata showing up on boot but not in widnows,
  5. sata drives show in bios but not in windows,
  6. hdd sata only shows up in device manager,
  7. sata disk in bios not appearing,
  8. sata drive not showing on file explorer but showing on bios,
  9. SATA drive in BIOS but not in device manager,
  10. sata drive shows in win10 but 2tb sat2 does not,
  11. sata hdd in device manager but does not show up in disk management,